• Advertisement

Your Current Thoughts on the 2010s

Metal Snake

What is your favorite year of the 2010s at the moment?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite year of the 2010s at the moment?

2010 - This year was pretty good.

2011 - Another year that was pretty good.

2012 - It was only decent.

2013 - Better than 2012, but the end was pretty rough.

2014 - When life started giving me more lemons than usual.

2015 - I never want to go through this year again.

2016 - This year was alright, though some problems did occur (especially in November and December.)

2015 was probably the best year of this decade for me. I became a Professional Radio D.J. at my local Radio Station, and sold more of my artworks, not to mention, appearing in a locally made production, called "Revenge of Blue Harbor," a B-movie thriller with star Ted Levine.

2010-Good. Technically graduated from College, made some artworks and sold them. Appeared in a locally made production called "Curse of Blue Harbor," a B-Movie thriller. I got a job at a local Bob's Big Boys. I FINALLY bought a Nintendo WII!

2011-VERY Good. I started my "Captain Retro" persona for my College Radio D.J. broadcasts. Made more artworks and sold them. Appeared in a locally made production called "Hello Stranger," a Western with star Timothy Bottoms. Bob's Big Boys went out of business, but I got a new job at a University Cafeteria Restaurant.

2012-Okay. I did the maximum amount of semesters I could do in Radio Broadcasting, so I temporarily had to retire Captain Retro. Made More artworks and sold them. Appeared in a locally made production called "Realm of the Mole Men," a Science-Fiction Thriller with stars Timothy Bottoms and Ted Levine.

2013-Better. I got an additional day of work and was able to buy a Nintendo 3DS! Made more artworks and sold them. Appeared in locally made production called "Tommy Benjamin," a romance comedy loosely based on William Shakespeare's "Two Gentlemen of Verona," with star Ted Levine.

2014-The Year I Had My Life Changing Experience. I had a health scare, and after getting better, I had to move to a new town. Made some more artworks and sold them, had to give up my job at the Cafeteria due to my health. But on the bright side, got to spend more time on SBC as a result.

2015-See Above.

2016-My Life is personally okay, but I'd just as soon REPLACE 2016 with ANY other year that I have already lived!

2010- Dumb as shit, naive 8/9 year old kid obsessed with Mario and Sonic and used to scream and get mad over dumb shit. That said, it was a good year i remember fondly although I was a weird kid in elementary school. My personality changed a lot in 4th grade (2010-11 school year) because that was kind of the first time I really had to experience with friends becoming distant. 

2011- Another year i remember fondly! Year in August where I was obsessed with MLP and Shugo Chara, and then Regular Show and Adventure Time, and yo I was a fifth grader! A cringy and hyper one, but still a fifth grader. I don't really regret much shit from this point that was cringy tbh because it all makes good memories of just how i was that time. 

2012- Was good until summer where I graduated elementary school. Basically everything went to shit when I started middle school that year in August. Middle school was a hard transition, was still a really cringy and hyper kid obsessed with MLP and began to get bullied because of it.

2013- The worst year of the 2010's hands down. I can't think of a single good major event that happened this year, besides some games being released this entire year was shit. It started as shit and ended as shit. Still really cringy and hyper and got bullied to fucking oblivion and one month into 7th grade in September 2013 I transferred schools, which was.... hard. Really hard. I met a girl who I thought would change everything but nah. More details on my blog, I wrote a huge entry about it but yeah that was my first time i really dealt with depression.

2014- Was really fucked up until April due to a certain event but after that a lot of stuff actually picked up and started to get better. I became less hyper and shit and started to turn into the person I am today, started really getting into music, made good friends and adjusted to a new lifestyle and just really matured a lot. It was mainly a huge transitional period. It got great when 8th grade started but i was super edgy after April

2015- Basically 2012 all over again. Great until I graduated middle school. Transitioned to high school really badly. Did not become bullied though but very distant, sad, etc. I got into anime this year though so that was a major plus.

2016- Very meh until summer where i went through another transitional phase, and in August 2016, which I now consider probably one of the best months of my life, I changed again, a lot of it due to rewatching Shugo Chara and getting into The Simpsons and some other cartoons, and found myself happy in life again and it was one of the greatest shifts I ever did. I truly loved cartoons and knew that was what I wanted to do with my life. I entered sophomore year with a great start to a really great year and just overall found I like being happy a lot more than i like being pessimistic about like everything.

2017- The best year of them all so far tbh. I was the same happy I was in 2010/11 but not cringy. It's just been really solid so far

Edited by CyanideFishbone
  • Like 1

I know it's only August, But I wanna Update this accordingly.

On 12/30/2015 at 7:57 PM, DelayedRelayedRusty said:

More Connstructive Criticism 

2010- Okay, Basically the start of all the school issues I've been having. However, I did start going on the web in this year.

2011- Better, but not by much, just plain boring. Nothing much to remember.

2012- This is the start of issues with my parents, really nothing much except my birthday.

2013- Easily the best year of the decade. I have VERY fond memories of this year. No issues, everyone was nice and I was happily stupid.

2014- I will forever hate this year. Electronics got broken, I didn't complete assignments, and was diagnosed with narcolepsy. Hey, at least I joined SBM this year.

2015- As bad as 2014. More issues with my parents (mainly my mom), had to deal with the death of both my grandma and my cat, my mom got sick, and was incredibly nervous in high school. Mainly because of the change of pace.

2016- OOOOOOOH MYYYYY GOOOOOD. Just one, big, long, awful, DRIFT. However there was some good parts, like being involved with the Furry Fandom More....and getting blocked or realizing that a lot of my crushes are taken or straight. Parents were less of an issue, but depression was starting to set in.

2017- Fuck this year. I mean, It's just one big roller coaster..Yeah, I was part of a team that won a robotics competition, but that was overshadowed by School, My Other Grandma Dying, Politics, and Life. Although I have crushes this year.

2010 - Eh, forgettable.

2011 - Even more forgettable.

2012 - Great year of my life, much better than '10 or '11.

2013 - sorta forgettable

2014 - extremely forgettable

2015 - Best year of my life so far pretty much.

2016 - In the race for worst year, a lot of shit happened that wasn't too good.  Got a little depressed.

2017 - Man, this year wasn't too kind either, but much better than 2016, so that's good at least.

2010 - good year, but i dont remember a lot

2011 - same as 2010

2012 - great year, prob 2nd fave of the 2010s

2013 - there isnt much to remember about this year for me honestly

2014 - best year of the 2010s for me. wasnt that great of a start but the middle and end was gr8. always wish i could go back

2015 - same as 2013

2016 - wasnt that bad but definitely 2nd worst year as a lot of stuff at the end lead up for what was to come in 2017

2017 - ok i admit the middle of this year got better but oh my god, the stuff that happened to me earlier in the year EASILY makes it the worst year of my life PERIOD.  

you know what screw it

2016 is no longer the worst year

that spot goes to twenty fucking seventeen

I mean, 2016 may have had bad music, a bunch of iconic celebrities (and my damn dog too) dying, and Donald Trump winning the election............actually, 2016 is still pretty bad. But the recent hurricanes and earthquakes, not to mention most of today's pop music still not getting a smile from me may as well tie 2017 with that year.

2010: Don't remember a lot of this year, but I liked it. 

2011: This would definitely be my favorite year of the 2010's. Life was good for me.

2012: Decent Year for me, first time I went on vacation in over 5 years. That was also the year I started using the internet frequently. 

2013: I thought it was meh. Not really anything that stood out to me what so ever.

2014: Better than 2013, has some memorable stuff.

2015: I liked this year, graduated 8th grade. 

2016: Unpopular Opinion, I actually liked this year. Wasn't perfect, the music sucked, politics and such, but it was decent enough year personally. 

2017: Ugh, this is a very mixed year. I don't like a lot about what happened this year, anger got worse and other personal problems. But also, I did go on a road trip this year and that was fun. 

2017 has had it's ups and downs for me but at the same time what years don't? Of course the world is a giant dumpster fire right now but when is it really not, but it's been an especially awful dumpster fire but my life has been pretty good through and through. 

Honestly guys, I'm not too sure what the best year of this decade was for me, as they've all had their ups and downs. I'd say probably either this year or 2016, since I got into the best high school ever, but in 2017, I reunited with an old friend from middle school. Plus in this year, I got to watch a lot of great films that I've never had the pleasure to see before.

On 10/2/2017 at 3:08 PM, CyanideFishbone said:

2017 has had it's ups and downs for me but at the same time what years don't? Of course the world is a giant dumpster fire right now but when is it really not, but it's been an especially awful dumpster fire but my life has been pretty good through and through. 

Yeah, before I bump this thread up, I'll just throw out a quick and friendly reminder that this thread is for discussing our personal experiences with years. An "objectively bad year for the world" is not necessarily a bad year for you. 2005 may have been the year where George Bush started his second term, but that doesn't mean it wasn't one of the best years of my life. By contrast, 2016 was....2016, but my dislike for that year stems from the insanity that was happening in my personal life at the time. In short, you're allowed to have whatever opinion you want on a year, despite what others may say...

https://jezebel.com/shut-up-taylor-swift-everybody-hated-2017-1821312021

*WAPOW* Get out of my face...

2017 wasn't a particularly great year of my life, but I definitely enjoyed it more than last year. I hope 2018 is even more of an improvement.

• Like 1

2017 was the best year for me in a long time. Did so much. I flew home by myself for the first time, changed a lot as a person, etc. There were some big bumps in the road around May and September, but it was definitely an improvement over 2016. 

Edited by CyanideFishbone
  • Like 1

2010: Really liked this year.

2011: Same as 2010.

2012: This year wasn't very good for me.

2013: Better than 2012. This year was pretty good.

2014: The first few months were okay, but it became really terrible by the end.

2015: The worst year of my life so far. Almost nothing went right here.

2016: Pretty bad until the last four months, which were decent.

2017: This year was decent until the last month, which was pretty bad.

2017. My personal life did a LOT better this year than LAST year! I got asked to do ANOTHER hour of my Radio D.J. show, for two hours total on Friday afternoons 12-2 P.M.! My radio station expanded it's coverage area from three small towns, to two bigger towns and three new small towns! Also, I got to move BACK to my old home town, and sold some new artworks! But...we also lost celebrities (such as June Foray and Tom Petty); and the LESS said about the politics in America, the better! So...average, I guess.

It didn't really occur to me until I clicked on this thread that 2017 was the best year I've had in some time.

2010 - Not too hot. Retrospectively I glamorize this year for being so simple and having no true problems in my life. Still, this was the only year I ever dealt with bullying (my former best friend who I got into a fight with lol).

2011 - I remember the start of 7th grade just felt better than 6th grade. I also made a new best friend. A better year than 2010.

2012 - A phenomenal year, particularly September onward. First time falling in love.

2013 - Started off great and continued. High school kinda hit me like a brick, but I look back on those struggles fondly. Many of the new people I met became my best friends. I never had to be "the new kid" because I never moved to a new school, but this was about as close to "new kid" status that I got. My friend group was 100% different at the start of high school than it was in middle school. It felt like I had nobody for a short while.

2014 - Good year. Went to New York and the East coast, a great trip. That was one of the best summers ever.

2015 - Junior year was a good ass year. Lost my aunt to stage 4 lung cancer in April and that was fucking hard. Overall, had a great group of friends around me.

2016 - Great year. Applied to colleges. Internships.

2017 - Thus far, a good year. Had some ups and downs, breakups and new loves, graduated high school, started college, and experience growth in myself that I never had experienced before. This was the year I felt like I really became fearless again after feeling so insecure after starting middle school. I started seeing myself doing things I never ever thought I'd do and seeing changes in my life that are examples of the progress I've made as a person. So, so, so, so excited for 2018 and what it will bring.

• Like 1

2017 was a definite mixed bag. I was feeling good in the first half of the year, but I struggled a lot emotionally in the last half of the year. I really don't know what to expect from this year and I'm kinda scared of the future and sad that I ended up not enjoying college that much outside of having some cool professors. I feel like the earlier years of the decade have been better even if I did struggle socially and sometimes academically during high school.

• Like 1