• Advertisement

New Year's

Jane

Welp, 2015 went by really quickly. Very soon, it's going to be 2016.

This is the topic to post your new year's resolutions and reflect on the past year.

Personally, 2015 was 'meh' for me. I fucked up quite a bit, such as joining a certain site, but on the bright side I resolved a couple of my personal issues and stopped talking to a few very toxic people. I also am studying the Preston Blair book (which has been a great help) and talking to a few animators.

My resolutions are pretty much to hopefully improve a bit at drawing, maybe get a few animated shorts done and get a friend IRL.... if I'm lucky. :)

2015 was actually one of my best years. I finally got back into the groove of drawing digitally (had taken a break for a few years; actually, I'd strayed away from drawing in general), turned my attitude towards life around, rid myself of the toxic people that burdened me, got a job... many things, really, but I'll spare you the details. 

Oh, and I met you guys! :plankton2: 

For the new year, I plan on improving my drawing skills even further (perhaps buying myself the almighty Cintiq), getting started on some personal projects I've had in mind, do some studying... and if all goes well during these first few months, apply for the storyboard artist program at Nickelodeon. 

I have nothing but high hopes and mermaid magic in my heart. It's going to be a great year, I can feel it. :) 

Edited by Hot Fruitcake
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hot Fruitcake said:

(perhaps buying myself the almighty Cintiq)

That's a huge purchase for someone that took 6 years off of art. You could probably get by with an Intuos unless you can get a 13 inch Cintiq (I assume that's what you want because anything larger is ridiculous if you aren't making money off of art) for super cheap, or unless you're already making money off your art and you need something to speed up your output. I'm not trying to like deter you or anything but I got my Cintiq like 4 years ago and the only time I could justify having one was when I did coloring for DC, which only happened this past summer. But I mean if you wanna go for it because you're confident then you can go for it.

54 minutes ago, terminoob said:

That's a huge purchase for someone that took 6 years off of art. You could probably get by with an Intuos unless you can get a 13 inch Cintiq (I assume that's what you want because anything larger is ridiculous if you aren't making money off of art) for super cheap, or unless you're already making money off your art and you need something to speed up your output. I'm not trying to like deter you or anything but I got my Cintiq like 4 years ago and the only time I could justify having one was when I did coloring for DC, which only happened this past summer. But I mean if you wanna go for it because you're confident then you can go for it.

I don't know why I said 6 years, wtf, this is exactly why I need a break from work :glare:

it'll probably be a few years before I actually buy one, it's just something I look forward to having one day, until then I will continue to make do with my trusty Wacom (which I love), but thank you for your input, sometimes I get ahead of myself :P

2015 was pretty much just an awful, boring year. Just the same as '14 and '13. The only difference is that it went suuuuper fast.

2016 will be awesome, because I'll finally turn 18. Can.not.wait.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Patty Sponge said:

2015 gave Undertale.

2016 won't.

I think we can see which was the better yer.

2016 is gonna have lotsa superhero, sci-fi, animation movies, so we know which one is better (smirk)

15 hours ago, tvguy said:

2015 was pretty shitty.

2016 will be much better.

1 hour ago, Santa Claus said:

2015 was pretty much just an awful, boring year. Just the same as '14 and '13. The only difference is that it went suuuuper fast.

2016 will be awesome, because I'll finally turn 18. Can.not.wait.

Just a word of advice. Be cautiously optimistic.

2015 was pretty bad school wise and vacation wise (only took one day trip compared to last year where we went to Atlanta over spring break and North Carolina around Christmas), but everything else was decent. I did more volunteer work this year than any other year and despite not getting a weekly job until now, I did have a few one-time jobs during the summer and a job where I worked concession stands at home football games. Didn't have a boyfriend this year, but the current situation makes me confident that I'll soon start a new relationship. Here's to hoping 2016 will be much better in the academics and traveling department or at least in the academics department.