• Advertisement

Steel's Art: Rebirth

Steel Sponge

Redoing this thread due to server crash.

In the fewest possible words, I made my first art piece for SBC during November. Decided to make this thread for art I'm making outside of the computer, and because I want to show how artistic I can be before reaching my animator goal. First picture:

jUyesUP.jpeg?width=908&height=1210

• Like 4

Finally trying to get back to making drawings. The camera quality here is not good, but I have drawn Mr. N's one-winged angel from Jjs' spin-off: Undersea Mysteries Incorporated:

Spoiler

5a343a9fdfb3e_DWL114.thumb.JPG.a874c0c885a4d7004d144b247610036a.JPG

The giant scallop "wings" are connected to the shoulders. I was hard pressed on how I could design the face of the boat for the stomach, and so I just took inspiration from Dusknoir's design. As for every other detail, I managed to draw all of them except the details at the back (besides the little sea serpent fin at the center of the hair) since I drew Mr. N's form facing forward.

• Like 5

Here's a small taste of what I can do when it comes to digital art. (Took me long enough to tell you guys that I have Adobe assets. I made this with Illustrator.) For this month's SWYAD, I didn't want to have to do the old-fashioned way of finding an image for the character I'm masquerading as, so I drew him myself and digitized it....or should I say digi-tized it:

avatar3.jpg.ad91c01410749b5eae29f6fe87f3f31a.jpg

I also have another digitized image out the door, and it's going to be my newly preferred site avatar. I won't show it off until a week from now since SBC is in the middle of its current SWYAD after all.

• Like 3

avatar4.jpg.16b2552261dd0de8d9f65680641ec291.jpg

My drawings still look pretty wonky even when it's digitized, but then again, I am still only new to it. For now, this is my new preferred avatar. This will also be my last digital drawing until I'm able to renew my subscription to Adobe, or until I finally get myself a drawing tablet. I am going to do sketches again, and hopefully by then, I'll make more of them, draw them better, and upload them in a better camera quality.

Edited by Steel Sponge
  • Like 3

I've been meaning to draw Sobble long since the Sword and Shield announcement several months ago. I can't hold this need any longer now that I've gotten out of my drawing slump and since the new Pokemon games are coming out in only a matter of a week from now. Anyways, here are my recent sketches of our precious baby boy. More of these may come soon:

UQkPRNB.jpeg?width=1138&height=1134 

rTtRxHq.jpeg?width=1654&height=1210

Q4g0TwG.jpeg?width=1408&height=1210

• Like 2

I don't know how many times I'll have to bump this thread to say that I've regained motivation to draw when I don't want my goal of becoming animator to be further away from me, so from this point on, I plan on posting my art on a more regular basis (Besides, I have a drawing tablet now, so I should have no excuse now to not do any drawings). I've at least wanted to post some new art before the end of the year, so here's a series of rough sketches where I put my skills to the test and make my Chemist Bob avatar more expressive, and it shouldn't go without saying that I'm still a novice at making abstract drawings:

IMG_1421.thumb.JPG.0e70c12e4008fd505930c

IMG_1422.thumb.JPG.28d6fe5fad478ed2ca4d0898301315b0.JPG

• Like 2

Even though I've taken refuge in Discord and Tumblr to post my art now, I'd figured I post this here for everyone else to see, considering how much of a magnum opus this recent drawing of mine turned out to be:

image.png.73c295814e2f43b52a60da7e6e833151.png

(Plus, feel free to follow my new Tumblr blog for those who are interested):

• Like 2
  • God Himself 2