• Advertisement

Regular Show

dragiiin123

3 hours ago, Santa Klaus said:

Season 8 is incredibly good. Already on par with season 1-3. I can't believe I love Regular Show again.

I'm watching this over the break

if you're exaggerating in the slightest I'm banning you, burning down your house, and eating what remains of your family 

• Like 1

Just now, Bada Bing Nuggets said:

I'm watching this over the break

if you're exaggerating in the slightest I'm banning you, burning down your house, and eating what remains of your family 

so the member as a food name wants to eat my family. ironic (d) 

seriously tho, I have had a blast with the season so far. so I hope you love it too (smirk) 

3 hours ago, Santa Klaus said:

6? Isn't this last season supposed to have 34 episodes? so far 25 episodes aired, shouldn't that mean 9 episodes left? :P 

Again, if you read the post......

I said the episode estimation was off. The production code for the Space Shorts is 233. Meaning the shorts in Season 6/7 count towards the 264 total. Meaning Season 8 is 31 episodes just like Season 6 was.

Just now, Hayndeer said:

Again, if you read the post......

I said the episode estimation was off. The production code for the Space Shorts is 233. Meaning the shorts in Season 6/7 count towards the 264 total. Meaning Season 8 is 31 episodes just like Season 6 was.

ah ok then

Saturday, Jan. 14: "Kill 'Em with Kindness" - Pops wants to be friends with someone.
· Saturday, Jan. 14: "Meet the Seer" - The guys need to talk to someone smart. 
· Monday, Jan. 16: "Cheer Up Pops" - The guys want to cheer up Pops.
· Monday, Jan. 16: "A REGULAR SHOW Epic Final Battle, Part 1" - An epic final battle begins.
· Monday, Jan. 16: "A REGULAR SHOW Epic Final Battle, Part 2" - An epic final battle comes to its dramatic conclusion, and the fate of the universe is decided.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Hayndeer said:

Saturday, Jan. 14: "Kill 'Em with Kindness" - Pops wants to be friends with someone.
· Saturday, Jan. 14: "Meet the Seer" - The guys need to talk to someone smart. 
· Monday, Jan. 16: "Cheer Up Pops" - The guys want to cheer up Pops.
· Monday, Jan. 16: "A REGULAR SHOW Epic Final Battle, Part 1" - An epic final battle begins.
· Monday, Jan. 16: "A REGULAR SHOW Epic Final Battle, Part 2" - An epic final battle comes to its dramatic conclusion, and the fate of the universe is decided.

the hype of the next year tbh

• Like 1

bumping this cuz Cheer Up Pops episode and the big finale are in 4 days. I'm so hyped but at the same time, i'm scared if it doesn't end well. If it doesn't, at least I gotta say I really had a blast with this last season. I also saw Kill Em With Kindness and Meet the Seer cuz they were leaked. No spoilers but both of them were fantastic; especially Meet the Seer, which has become one of my favorite Regular Show episodes. I'm going to post here every single RS episode I rated after the finale :D 

• Like 3

Might have to spoil myself and watch the leaks. Idk if any of you noticed this but a video was posted on the Regular Show Facebook of JG counting down his favorite episodes. Good watch, even though only part one is out and I can't wait for the second part.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CyanideFishbone said:

Might have to spoil myself and watch the leaks. Idk if any of you noticed this but a video was posted on the Regular Show Facebook of JG counting down his favorite episodes. Good watch, even though only part one is out and I can't wait for the second part.

I saw that video too. I agree with his choices ;) 

Can't wait for his part 2 of favorite RS episodes.

• Like 1

Spoiler

That ending. My god, that ending. Can't believe that Pops is dead. Also, big ass points to "Heroes" by David Bowie playing at the end.

Goodbye, Regular Show. It is, indeed, a jolly good show.

September 6, 2010 - January 16, 2017

• Like 5

Ok, I'm posting my thoughts on this.

I really loved Cheer Up Pops and it has become one of my favorite episodes. Yeah compared to last episodes, this was mostly just calm but I loved how sweet it was for crew to cheer up Pops, so he can feel better during the fight. I really think this episode did help set up the finale and I don't mean just using bluray as a plot device for the last episode. I don't think this arc would have been complete without Pops feeling so sad about this fight and crew trying to cheer him up. The climax was pretty fun and the jokes were funny. So yeah, I loved this one.

Part 1 was mostly just a set up to big fight but I didn't mind it that much. It gave us a bit of explaination how this planet was created and how Pops and anti-Pops were born, they even had previous fights before and crew were even in it once. Crew setting up a trap was pretty enjoyable and the kid singing the anthem was hilarious. Nothing much to say here, it was the weakest episode out of 4 but it was still great.

Now part 2 was just epic man. The fight started off a bit slow but it got picked up quickly when Pops and Anti-Pops started to use their powers and a lot of characters (DVD HD, Bluray, Carter and Briggs, Sureshot and his crew, giant babies, Gary, Death, Party Horse eh, baby ducks) came to help Pops and stop Stream. Oh yeah, I'm glad they brought him back, the fight definitely felt equal for good and evil. I found it so funny how baby ducks' big brother joined but he was too late lmao. This episode was just completely epic. Moreso than the Exit 9B and the movie imo. And finally Mordecai and Rigby tried to stop both of them from killing each other with just flying between their fists. And they just crashed.

And this is it, part 3, I mean "The Power" when Mordecai and Rigby started to relive first few mins of that episode and It was kind of confusing when that was even in time glitch but still I didn't mind when Mordecai and Rigby found Bluray barried in time glitch. Then they used the power to stop Anti-Pops and oh boy, this episode couldn't get more meta. I don't care what anyone says. Regular Show broke forth wall the best out of all shows I've seen. I mean there are lot of times I saw episodes from tv shows that broke 4th wall to adapt to the stories but those were episodic stuff. This one worked the best because they broke it for the big epic conclusion and I loved every single part of it. Pops entering a worm hole that showed A Naive Man from Lolliland, Regular Show name started to fall off, bunch of storyboard papers came and lastly 2AM/PM reference when Mordecai said he wanted to come back as dolphin when in that short human him and human Benson became dolphins. Finally Pops stopped Anti-Pops with love and it's corny but it fit it due to characterization of Pops, so I'm glad it ended with that. A lot of people said how did crew are still alive. Well it's a bit confusing yeah but if you see part 1 when Pops found a pencil in his dream, I assume that Pops drawed them with his power. It could have been clearer yeah but I think that was how they came back to life. Finally it has become 3 years and they came back to Earth. Muscle Man had a kid. Oh Muscle Man, you just had to have sex and make her pregnant before you flew to space naughty.gif Mordecai left the park and became an artist like he wanted to be and came across to a bat girl. I know CJ shippers and Margaret shippers won't be happy with this but I'm happy because neither relationship worked in the show and It was great that they gave Mordecai have just random girl instead. Eileen and Rigby married and had kids. Benson and Pam came back together and they started to run the park together, Muscle Man and Starla had more kids, is Muscle Man still working? Skips is just happy he stayed in the park. Hi Five Ghost and his girlfriend (forgot the name) became DJ players. And 25 years, they reunited. I kind of wished Margaret would be there too because she's still Eileen's friend. Maellard passed away too sad.png . Mordecai and Rigby left to play video games for old time sake and the show ended with Pops in heaven, watching entire of Regular Show. Jolly good show. I don't think I had much issue, except I wonder what happened to others who joined the fight. Are they really dead, did Pops even revive them? o_o we'll never know. Yeah, I guess they just didn't have time to solve everything but eh, most of stuff worked, so I'm not gonna complain too much.

As for this final season, I loved it too much. It was on par with first 3 seasons imo. Still I did have a few gripes with it. Lack of focus on Eillen (they mentioned that in Meet the Seer episode that the writers didn't give Eillen more in this season and that kind of pissed me off honestly), Skips and even Hi Five Ghost bothered me. I mean this season was mostly about Pops but this season did take a while to get to the actual storyline, so I wished they'd give them more focus as well. Someone mentioned this to me and I kind of agree. I didn't feel like Rigby showed some maturity in this season. He was mostly just the same Rigby we know from first 5 seasons. It's a shame cuz they did develop Rigby so well in season 7 and when they flew to space, Rigby just ended being kind of same. Plus we didn't get to see more of him with Eillen as well. Other than those, season 8 worked so well for me. It brought back same charm that made this show so popular. Just random and supernatural events. And I'm glad Pops was the main character in this finale, he is my favorite character and I was so sad he died but he's in a better place at least, you will be missed Pops :(. Yeah, it didn't have too much humor either but last couple of episodes were pretty funny for me. Overall, I'd give this season a A-.

and my score for season 8 episodes. (I'm gonna post my ratings for previous seasons later because I don't want this post to be too crowded)

One Space Day at a Time - A-
Cool Bro Bots - A
Welcome to Space - A
Space Creds - A-
Lost and Found - B
Ugly Moons - A-
The Dream Warrior - A
The Brain of Evil - B+
Fries Night - A
Spacey McSpaceTree - B+
Can You Ear Me Now - B
Stuck in the Elevator - A
The Space Race - A
Operation: Hear no Evil - B+
Space Escape - A
New Beds - A-
Mordeby and Rigbecai - A
Alpha Dome - A-
Terror Tales of the Park VI - A-
The Ice Tape - A
The Key to the Universe - B
No Train No Gain - A
Christmas in Space - A
Kill 'Em With Kindness - A
Meet the Seer - A

Cheer Up Pops - A

A Regular Show Epic Finale Part 1 - A-

A Regular Show Epic Finale Part 2 - A

The Power -  A+

3 > 2 > 8 > 1 > 7 > 4 > 5 > 6

In conclusion, this show had some downs, mainly in season 5-6 when they truly lose their touch with exceptional episodes but in the end, this was a great ride. I'll never forget how tv.com just convinced me to watch this show omfg and thankfully it did (tbf that was like one of the only good things about that awful site) and thank all cast and crew members for making this show so special for me. It'll always be one of my favorite shows.

Rest in peace OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Like 1

Hohoholy shit now that's one damn good way to end a show. 

Pretty much flawless, it blew my fucking mind, especially during part 2 and 3. That ending with Heroes though....... not gonna lie, I almost shed a tear in it. Well, I really wanted it to get me to cry, but nope, couldn't do it. Sadly.....

Edited by CyanideFishbone
  • Like 2

It was an epic show

Spoiler

the finale was meta as anything and it was probably the funniest episodes of this show since the pilot and the power and the neon genesis evangelion episode...also when they went to the fucking great man in lolliland or whatever...now that was some nice shit. rewatch the episodes theres a shit ton of fuckin meta humor even extending to the show literally breaking down into storyboards...nooiiiceeee

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drag2013 said:

It was an epic show

Hide contents

the finale was meta as anything and it was probably the funniest episodes of this show since the pilot and the power and the neon genesis evangelion episode...also when they went to the fucking great man in lolliland or whatever...now that was some nice shit. rewatch the episodes theres a shit ton of fuckin meta humor even extending to the show literally breaking down into storyboards...nooiiiceeee

Welcome back