• Advertisement

Favorite Form of Entertainment?

Sweat

Favorite  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Type of Entertainment

Don't care for video games that much. TV is my favorite, followed by books, then movies and music are on an equal level for me. Theater is nice but I hardly get to see plays so I end up listening to the musical soundtracks on Spotify instead :P 

Edited by katnisslovestacos

TV shows - #1 - It should be obvious that this is my favorite kind of entertainment. Live-action shows can be great, but I mostly prefer watching cartoons.

Music - #2 - Even though some of the songs on the mainstream airplay are crap, I enjoy listening to music and charting it too. ;)

Video games - #3 - I'm more of a Nintendo person when it comes to my video games. Xbox is in the middle and I just don't like Sony Playstation at all.

Film - #4 - I'm not a film buff or one of those guys who goes to the theaters often, but I usually watch movies on Netflix or TV if a good movie comes on. Also, I hate going to the movie theater.

Literature -  #5 - I'm not a big reader that much, but I do read books in school if they're given.

Theater - #6 - Not interested in theater at all.

Video games #1- I like all of the major consoles but I can't afford much so I stick with PlayStation mostly. I like a lot of their exclusives and Nintendo's as well.

TV #2- I like the appeal of getting attached to characters over time and building up a plot. I also like the freedom that you get with the stories you can tell and they way you can express them.

Film #3- Very, very selective with the movies I watch but I think they're good for more long-form ideas that are well thought out.

Music #4- I listen to music a lot as well and it improves my mood usually.

Literature- I don't read very often for pleasure but I do respect that there are no time limits for how long the story can go on unlike film and tv. I'm mostly just turned off by the fact that the audiovisual aspect to tv/film brings a lot to the table. Unless a book is very engrossing I usually end up getting bored.

Edited by Teamwork

Choosing just one, I'd probs say video games. Not knocking TV, films, music and literature. They all bring equal amounts of entertainment to my life, just slightly less than games. Used to be apart of a theater crafts/acting class and I've starred in a school play before. Haven't been into theater much since.

Close race between film, music, and TV.  I would probably rank:

1. Film

2. Music

3. TV

Just because I went to college for screenwriting and film production originally.  Music I've been passionate about nearly as long, but I have no interest in a career in it.  TV I do have interest in like film, but I can survive without watching premieres and stuff.

Video games and literature I'm not nearly as passionate about as I once was, but I still do like both.