• Advertisement

Moana

Steel Sponge

59 minutes ago, Teamwork said:

I for one am curious why the movie suddenly changed from being animated in the Paperman style to full on CG and got pushed up by 2 years.

When the movie was originally going for that style, the process of finishing the movie would be long enough to put it for release in 2018. The process of making a CGI movie is a little less time consuming, so it was moved to 2016. From what I know, John Musker decided to make Moana a full fledged CGI movie because it was too early to consider using Paperman's animation style for a cinematic feature film.

Edited by Steel Sponge
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Steel Sponge said:

When the movie was originally going for that style, the process of finishing the movie would be long enough to put it for release in 2018. The process of making a CGI movie is a little less time consuming, so it was moved to 2016. From what I know, John Musker decided to make Moana a full fledged CGI movie because it was too early to consider using Paperman's animation style for a cinematic feature film.

Nah, I think the only reason CG is less time consuming is because it's easier to rework the story. You already have the models so you basically just have to redo the script, board and then voice act. In 2D you don't have that advantage.

2D movies take around a year for animation vs. 8 months (not including modeling/rigging) for CG.

Such a fun adventure movie! And no romance whatsoever which was a nice touch to me personally. The backgrounds were beautiful and it was a refreshingly fun journey. Maui was my favorite,

glad he stayed good too! Was sure I was spoilered and that he turned back evil

• Like 1