• Advertisement

Legitimate thoughts about the love/hate for Frozen

Clappy

lmao totally forgot about the frozen hate in 2015

Honestly, the movie itself is harmless. Haven't seen the short before Coco but I'll look it up to see if it's really as bad as RebelTaxi and everyone else says it is.

Olaf always annoyed the shit out of me though so I don't think I could tolerate 20 minutes of him.

Oh yeah this topic.

I still like Frozen a lot, but good lord that “short” before Coco.  That was pushing it in terms of overexposure.  This is what, the third short now Disney has done?  Commit to a sequel already because they keep pushing that tentative release date further and further back.

I did not like that short even in basic concept.  I called it as soon as they had that forced plot about Christmas traditions that it was going to be Olaf (not really a spoiler).  Let alone that runtime, Christ if you were going to make the special 22 minutes, make it a television special. You would have accomplished the same goal either way.

But I think the most glaring point to me was that they put this short in front of a Pixar movie.  That just didn’t feel right to me because Pixar shorts have always been opportunities for up and coming animators and directors looking to get their big break.  Pixar has pulled from the pool of Pixar short directors to direct many of their features in recent years.  The fact that Disney decided to release another Frozen short instead of giving us another potential award nominated Pixar short just made me feel robbed of tradition.

But yeah these Frozen shorts are getting more and more tedious to watch with each passing one.  And while I still really like Frozen, my anticipation for the sequel and what they could even possibly do with it is becoming less anticipated each time I hear Olaf make another bad pun.

Btw Coco was freaking great.  Best animated movie I’ve seen this year and it’s not even close.

• Like 2

There's this girl walking around my high school. She has a mental illness, dwarfism or down syndrome. Maybe both, I'm not sure. I'm not joking, I think her entire wardrobe is Frozen merchandise. In the hallways, all her shirts are of Elsa or Olaf or Anna or whoever else. In my school yearbook, she's photographed with two teachers, both wearing posters of Anna and Elsa on their necks.

I've always thought this movie looked tediously boring and depressingly generic. It did bring the seinfeldspitfan video though, and that's enough for it to not be on my shitlist.

A great dramatic movie, doesn’t have as much humor as Tangled but that’s fine. Wish I didn’t know the Hans twist beforehand but still was a worth a watch or two. Glad Disney finally removed that short, although I probs won’t see Coco.

Wow, a post from me from the past that I didn't cringe hard as fuck at!

I still stand by my earlier post and believe that when you gas up something average to be the greatest thing of all time it's going to get backlash and rightfully so, imo.

Disney's 20 minute short is just another example of them becoming egregious because they can do whatever and you'll still pay for it and their acquisition of Fox is just another nail in the casket before Disney rules over America in a Communist totalitarian dictatorship

this has been Paranoia-Fueled Conspiracy Theories w/ Nuggets

• Like 1