• Advertisement

Opinions on Marijuana?

Ron

Marijuana  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should marijuana be legalized?

• Yes.
    • No.

I disagree. The reason why marijuana isn't legalized is because of the big pharmacy companies controlling the government. We have every evidence to prove that the companies have known that cannabis oil can cure cancer, so they've been bribing governors and making bogus statistics and facts for decades to keep the whole plant illegal.

Meanwhile, I have a copy of the instructions on how to make cannabis oil in the event that the government decides to make it illegal entirely.

Marijuana should be legalized because it's safer than alcohol, more instances of DUIs killing people in 1 year than marijuana killing people in the past 20 years, and has a lot of legitimate medical uses. Yet, big pharmacy wants us to buy pills and expensive chemotherapy to make a quick buck.

Thank you for making the point about this drug being safer than alcohol. I've been reading all about how in some cases, alcohol literally cuts off oxygen to the brain. I'll be much more careful with the stuff in the future knowing that. It's a depressant.

I disagree. The reason why marijuana isn't legalized is because of the big pharmacy companies controlling the government. We have every evidence to prove that the companies have known that cannabis oil can cure cancer, so they've been bribing governors and making bogus statistics and facts for decades to keep the whole plant illegal.

Meanwhile, I have a copy of the instructions on how to make cannabis oil in the event that the government decides to make it illegal entirely.

Marijuana should be legalized because it's safer than alcohol, more instances of DUIs killing people in 1 year than marijuana killing people in the past 20 years, and has a lot of legitimate medical uses. Yet, big pharmacy wants us to buy pills and expensive chemotherapy to make a quick buck.

Well, then pharmacy should sell marijuana to make money, rather than selling us pills all the time, right?

Guest hilaryfan80

Well, then pharmacy should sell marijuana to make money, rather than selling us pills all the time, right?

You do realize that pharmacy companies buy out senators and doctors, right? They do this all the time!

Watch John Oliver's video on bug pharmacy. You'll be thoroughly surprised.

Smoked dat marijuana for the first time in February when I took my trip to Hawaii. I actually had a great first experience with it, cuz from what other people have told me they were all paranoid and jumpy when they first tried it. I just giggled the whole time lol and we were on this rad beach so I was hella relaxed. Like a week or so ago I tried my friends edibles, they were chocolate covered espresso beans and I would NOT do edibles again. I only had like three but it fucked me up, I just felt really stressed out and unhappy. Both of these experiences were just for the sake of seeing what all the hype is about. It's not something I want to do all the time, although if I'm in the right setting I'd probs smoke again, but edibles are a no no. 

On 4/2/2016 at 0:32 PM, The Guy With the Computer said:

I'll most likely never use it.

If you use it, however, I'm fine with that.

EDIT: Oops, sorry. I didn't realize the topic was old.

Are you apologizing because you think your post isn't meaningful enough for an old thread?

On 4/2/2016 at 1:32 PM, The Guy With the Computer said:

I'll most likely never use it.

If you use it, however, I'm fine with that.

EDIT: Oops, sorry. I didn't realize the topic was old.

Meh not that big of a deal considering someone posted before you on the same day

On 4/2/2016 at 1:16 PM, Sauce Mama said:

Like a week or so ago I tried my friends edibles, they were chocolate covered espresso beans and I would NOT do edibles again. I only had like threebut it fucked me up, I just felt really stressed out and unhappy.

There's your answer right there. Edibles are an entirely different beast, potency-wise. With a tolerance as low as yours, you definitely wouldn't need more than one (assuming they're made going through the proper decarboxylization process). Kinda relevant to myself actually, I just got back into toking recently and it took me a bit to realize I couldn't smoke as much as I used to without getting too zooted. Now i'm back to makin' gravity bongs. The cycle continues.

Old thread but I've started smoking. I first smoked in summer 2018 with my cousins in SoCal and proceeded to smoke with them when I saw them (christmas 2018, summer 2019), but since a couple weeks ago I've really started using it here. I just use a vape for it (easy to hide; not somewhere where it's legal) and usually smoke 1-2 times a week; even though it's not addictive I just wanna make sure it gets to the point where I have to rely on it constantly, just usually a fun thing I do to unwind and chill out and listen to music and watch TV and what not. But the big thing is that I think it's really helped my general demeanor; I used to be really anxious about almost everything and I just generally had a short temper, and after smoking for the first time I really feel like I've just come to accept things better that don't go my way and I really don't find much to be anxious about anymore besides socializing but that's another story for another time. I've had some great stories while high with my cousins too, some of the most fun I have all year is just hitting the bong, listening to vinyl and watching shit, and just talking and doing what we want. 

I'm 100% for legalization. I think it's fucking ridiculous that someone who smoked weed gets a greater sentence than someone who committed a murder or did a hate crime and that needs to be fixed. And for fuck's sake, unless you're literally using it constantly and you need it to do literally anything, weed really isn't dangerous. It's not that addictive; there's some days where I'm like "heyyy I got the time, I'm in the mood, I'll get baked as fuck" while there's times like "ehh, I don't need to get high, I'll just chill sober". Literally smoking a cigarette/vape (with a nicotine cart ofc) which is pretty much available in every state is way more dangerous and risky for your health than smoking a bowl/joint/what have you. And then there's a lot of the medical benefits for anxiety and whatnot which is definitely a plus. Don't wanna kind of get off topic here but considering all the batshit hate crimes and murders and legitimate criminal acts that go on in our country, trying to criminalize drugs should be the least of our concerns (and I say this as someone who's vehemently anti-cop). Obviously not saying some aren't risky for health (coke, heroin, pcp, that lot) but stuff like weed, and hell, even magic mushrooms (idk what the medical benefits are though, I'll have to look into that) aren't dangerous at all as long as I said, you're not doing them almost every day and need them to pretty much function. 

I haven't tried edibles yet, but I've been meaning to. I know to take a half or a quarter because that shit is generally way stronger than smoking bud or a cart.

• Like 1

As somebody who's had epilepsy problems for the last four years, I believe it should be legalized, at least for medical use. Yes, I have smoked marijuana and tried a few edible treats before and they're far better than the medicine I usually take to treat my epilepsy. As somebody speaking from experience, I don't see any problems with marijuana as long as it's done moderately.

Also, I want someone in this thread to give me one good reason as to how smoking marijuana is any worse than drinking, smoking tobacco, or carrying weapons.

• Like 1

Yes. I am a casual user of marijuana (it helps loosen my muscles; they tighten constantly from my mild cerebral palsy), though I don't smoke as often as I would like to. In fact, I have a very negative opinion of the War on Drugs in general - if anything, it's probably more responsible for addiction (especially regarding hard drugs like cocaine and heroin) than it has dispelling and preventing it. Decriminalization of drugs is the only logical solution.

In all honesty ~2 years since I've started smoking I've found nothing has helped me deal with living with Aspergers and social anxiety in general quite like marijuana has. I used to be really anxious and honestly really stubborn in general but after smoking it all just kinda.... went away. I still have anxiety and what not but all of that has pretty much been non-existent since smoking. Also with aspergers I had and still have absolutely abysmal social anxiety and pretty much 0 social confidence at all and I always feel a million times more confident while smoking, which gives me the drive to try to just be more confident in my everyday life. Also these last two years of mine have been kind of absolute fucking dogshit and marijuana especially during quarantine really made/makes it all so much more bearable. Both my parents found out too and are supportive/indifferent which is nice (both my parents are fairly liberal/I still make good grades in school so its really just something I do in my free time), they just don't want to smell it which I can totally get since it really isn't the most pleasant smell. I don't know if I'll still be smoking 10 years down the line but for right now, god it's really helping me deal with a lot of the shit I'm going through and my social anxiety. I don't need it to function, I spend most of my week sober, but it really does help. Also man that 50$ bong I bought literally right as quarantine broke has been a goddamn life saver.

Also as another benefit, I'm on SSRI medication and have been for over six years now and it helps a lot but as antidepressants do it limits my sex drive, to which weed helps me work around that- I have a fairly high sex drive for someone on SSRI as long as I have been to be fair but weed does really help bolster it, providing yet another benefit of it for me.