• Advertisement

Opinions on Marijuana?

Ron

Marijuana  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should marijuana be legalized?

• Yes.
    • No.

Just got into a little bit of a spat with my parents about this. Was wondering what the members of this community thought of marijuana (now legal recreationally in Alaska, Oregon, Washington (state), and Colorado)?

Not meant to influence anyone else's views or set the course of discussion in this thread, but I'm a strong proponent of its legalization for recreational use (as well as for medical purposes). I also think the cannabis plant has great potential benefits, such as its use as hemp paper as an alternative to tree-produced paper. I do acknowledge its pitfalls - it makes you lazy, it causes acne, it can lead people to trying more detrimental drugs, etc. 

HELL YES. Alcohol and Tobacco are both way more dangerous drugs and are legalized. Marijuana isn't even bad for you. It's even good in some cases, like I read this story about this guy who had a problem with breathing and marijuana fixed it. I don't really remember it though.

I personally don't see the appeal in smoking marijuana but I wouldn't have any problems with it being legalized. That way you can regulate it and crack down on illegal drug trade. And if it does have medicinal purposes then that could be a great benefit in hospitals and such.

• Like 1

Well, I'm fine with mariquanas being legalized, as long as people use it on doctor's permission. I don't want people to get addicted to that stuff. Still sounds less dangerous than alcohol and cigarattes.

I'm a fairly regular user (was daily for a while, kinda cut back on that, long story), but i've got nothing negative to say about it. Never killed my motivation to do anything. It became psychologically addicting, but I never really considered that a bad thing, considering I was still doing everything i'd do sober (maybe more), just shmacked off my ass. Legalizing and regulating it would be significantly better than prescribing painkillers and benzos left and right (both of which ain't too bad either...but that's another thread for another day), both of which are actually physically addicting and have withdrawal symptoms far worse than any weed will give you (unless you're smoking that K2/Spice shit...which is real popular here for whatever reasons...). The only real reason they've kept it illegal this long (in my opinion anyway) is the amount of money that comes in from marijuana-related arrests/programs/charges that ensures the state plenty of cash from someone who probably wasn't gonna do anything but buy a bag of chips and watch some trippy cartoons. Regulating it would probably bring in plenty of cash too, BUT NAH. They don't wanna risk it. It's a stupid system, but, again, another thread for another day. Oh, and, for the record...OG Trainwreck is always the way to go.

I'm all for it being legal. It'd certainly be easier to get my hands on.

It's also not addictive. I don't know why you guys are worried about people getting addicted to it.

Because it's still entirely possible to get addicted to it. You and a lot of people may not find it addictive, but not everyone has the same experience with the same drug. Some people can handle it without getting addicted easily, not everyone.

• Like 3

Even if it is addictive to certain people, so are alcohol, smoking, hell, even fast food, all of which can be more detrimental to your health.

I am aware of that, but that wasn't my point, bruhther. My point was that it is at least potentially addictive.

I'm a fairly regular user (was daily for a while, kinda cut back on that, long story), but i've got nothing negative to say about it. Never killed my motivation to do anything. It became psychologically addicting, but I never really considered that a bad thing, considering I was still doing everything i'd do sober (maybe more), just shmacked off my ass. Legalizing and regulating it would be significantly better than prescribing painkillers and benzos left and right (both of which ain't too bad either...but that's another thread for another day), both of which are actually physically addicting and have withdrawal symptoms far worse than any weed will give you (unless you're smoking that K2/Spice shit...which is real popular here for whatever reasons...). The only real reason they've kept it illegal this long (in my opinion anyway) is the amount of money that comes in from marijuana-related arrests/programs/charges that ensures the state plenty of cash from someone who probably wasn't gonna do anything but buy a bag of chips and watch some trippy cartoons. Regulating it would probably bring in plenty of cash too, BUT NAH. They don't wanna risk it. It's a stupid system, but, again, another thread for another day. Oh, and, for the record...OG Trainwreck is always the way to go.

that is literally the most likely reason it is still illegal. 

Guest hilaryfan80

I disagree. The reason why marijuana isn't legalized is because of the big pharmacy companies controlling the government. We have every evidence to prove that the companies have known that cannabis oil can cure cancer, so they've been bribing governors and making bogus statistics and facts for decades to keep the whole plant illegal.

Meanwhile, I have a copy of the instructions on how to make cannabis oil in the event that the government decides to make it illegal entirely.

Marijuana should be legalized because it's safer than alcohol, more instances of DUIs killing people in 1 year than marijuana killing people in the past 20 years, and has a lot of legitimate medical uses. Yet, big pharmacy wants us to buy pills and expensive chemotherapy to make a quick buck.