• Advertisement

Misheard Lyrics in Songs

President Squidward

Um when we were really little we listened to Eminem with our mom in the car and in some song he yells "BIIIIIITCH" and my little brother and I were 100% sure he was saying "FIIIIIISH" so we sang that

• Like 5

Have you ever thought lyrics of a song said something else than what it actually said? Discuss here.

I thought at the end of that one Pennywise song where they shout "Pennywise! Pennywise!", I thought they shouted, "Betty White! Betty White!"

I love that song. 

Anyways, I used to think "Hey, hey, I've got a new Cobain." from Heart-Shaped Box by Nirvana was "Hey, hey, I've got a new window pane" at one point in time, like the fifth grade

In Radiohead's "Electoineering" I thought "I trust I can rely on your votes" was "Touch my camera light, your votes". That sounds so perverted :P

Anyways, I used to think "Hey, hey, I've got a new Cobain." from Heart-Shaped Box by Nirvana was "Hey, hey, I've got a new window pane" at one point in time, like the fifth grade

It's "Hey, hey, I've got a new complaint"

The Middle, by Jimmy Eat World:

I heard "elephant elephant" in the chorus instead of "everything, everything".

I always thought it was "Eldridge, Eldridge"

In "Voices Carry - Til' Tuesday", I always thought "voices carry" was "this is scary" when I was a kid. Surprisingly, that's the only one I remember right now. It's weird because I know for certain I misheard lyrics in songs loads of times when I was little.

From Alanis Morissette's "You Oughta Know" -

"It's not fair to deny me of the cross-eyed bear cross I bear that you gave to me"

(I still like my version better)

Also:

Judging by the hoe in the satellite picture.

get out your seat hoe

• Like 4