• Advertisement

Why is night/day turned off?

Ron

Guest hilaryfan80

As others have noted, it's very hard to build when it's dark outside. While I do agree that it's very pretty, when someone is making a large construction, darkness can really make it difficult, especially when you're high in the sky and away from the ground.

I think Face turned it off due to so many complaints that it was dark outside. I can understand the reasoning behind it.

I don't understand what's so difficult about using night vision??? 

I totally understand the "It's hard to build" reasoning, but a whole other part of SpongeCraft is enjoying other people's creations... it's one dimensional when you only see them in the day. I'm also not sure why Face, who has been using for SpongeCraft for all of a month (if that), can make that decision without consulting anyone else. 

Well night vision only lasts for a few minutes, its not something that works permanently. On the darkness issue, you could say the same about building in the Nether, but the only difference is that the place was designed to be dark, unlike the overworld that has a weather system. I do enjoy the night sometimes and torches really do the job when you're building, but again it only illuminates a small part not the entire overworld.