• Advertisement

The Baseball Thread

Master Cheeks

Lets talk some baseball folks, my favorite sport. I'm in a lot of sorrow of my local Nationals continuing to choke away their season to the Mets, but I also got soft spot for the Pirates continuing to climb out of that hole they had themselves in for most of the last twenty or so years. Hoping for a fun wild card game this time in Pittsburgh unlike last year

Not as into baseball as I once was but wow considering the fact that the Kansas City Royals are the veteran baseball team in the postseason shows how long of a way they came since being one of the laughingstock franchises of the 2000s.

Would love for the Cubs to finally end their championship drought for Back to the Future Part II sake.  However, the Mets can counter their young sluggers with their damn good young pitching staff.  Either way, these two franchises will be perennial NL contenders for the next five years at least.

I think the World Series favorites this year will be the Toronto Blue Jays because while pitching does win championships, the Blue Jays have one of the best offenses I've ever seen assembled.

3 hours ago, The Drifter said:

Baseball is possibly the most fun sport i ever played. Too bad I'm the only person in my place who likes it.

Come to America and play with my brother. He practically eats sleeps and breathes baseball (smirk)