• Advertisement

Horror legend Wes Craven passes away at 76

Nosferatu!

tumblr_ntxbfof1ys1thr7ppo1_540.jpg

From Huffington Post:

Wes Craven, the writer and director of "A Nightmare on Elm Street" and "Scream," has died at 76. The influential horror master suffered from a battle with brain cancer, according to The Hollywood Reporter

I'm honestly still in a state of shock... for those of you who don't know me that well, I'm quite the horror aficionado. I grew up with horror, the Nightmare films being some of the first of the genre I was introduced to, so of course, news of his passing was a huge blow to me personally. He was, and will continue to be, a great inspiration to me, not only as an artist, but as a fan of the horror genre. I certainly won't forget about him.

Wes is truly a master of horror, responsible for directing (and often writing) many genre classics, most notably A Nightmare on Elm Street and Scream. He directed many other cult classics, including The Hills Have Eyes (another favorite of mine), The Last House on the Left, Swamp Thing, The People Under The Stairs, The Serpent and the Rainbow, Shocker, Vampire in Brooklyn, Deadly Friend and many more.

Rest in peace, Wes. Thank you for all the nightmares. 

Wow that sucks. I'm definitely putting that stuff on my watch list now, a sad way to go out I admit, too bad I don't really know him all that well, and I look forward to change that, R.I.P.

Saw this last night, was in shock. He was a wonderful filmmaker, Scream is one of my favorite movie franchises - as well as Last House on the Left. A true visionary in the horror genre. May he rest in peace. 

Not to mention he guest starred on Castle. <3