• Advertisement

191b. The Executive Treatment

Jinjo

Rating?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of this episode?

• 5/5 Stars: Here's your executive treatment!
    • 4/5 Stars: I'm just a guy that happens to like sandwiches.
    • 3/5 Stars: You know what happens to impostors in conference room 4B?
    • 2/5 Stars: The Executive Treatment is available to executives only.
    • 1/5 Stars: Where's my Executive Treatment?

*business puns here*

I felt the set up was good and Squidward was great in the beginning. Good to see Scooter really got a good job but got fired and beat up by cops. Patrick being attacked by the police and thrown in jail made me laugh ngl. Not bad mang. It could have had a lot more good jokes than just talking about Krabby Patties, but whatever I suspect that in the current show. 

"that's the silliest thing I ever hword" <33 reference

• Like 1

Now this episode.  This episode was low key REALLY good.  It was actually really smart and I heavily enjoyed nearly everything about this.  Let me just get one minor complaint out of the way first, the only thing keeping this from being a 9 or a 10 in my books is that the episode noticeably dragged at times.  You could easily cut out a minute of the Krusty Krab sequence when Patrick was waiting in line.  You could probably cut some of the Patrick business suggestion sequences.  To me, it would make it perfect and consideration for one of my favorite post-movie episodes.  Still, what you have here is under the radar one of the best Season 9 episodes.

Where do I start?  All the business puns were great.  Loved almost all of them.  Watching Patrick interact in an unfamiliar setting like this was incredibly fresh and brought out some of the better moments from him in recent memory.  Probably the best part about all of this was the low key jabs at Nickelodeon.  What do I mean?  Well that whole business meeting felt like insight into meetings between Nickelodeon executives when it comes to business strategies and how they are faltering with them as of late.  Letting executives listen to ideas from ordinary joes like Patrick and actually considering them.  Watching these ordinary joes flame out and/or screwing things up with their untaped potential.  Being given multiple chances to prove themselves especially when they fail.  I just loved it.  Don't know how much of that was intentional or not, but I enjoyed watching this episode ten times more thinking with that sort of mindset because it was apparent to me when I watched it.

Even without that mind set, I enjoyed the call back to Pat No Pay with Mr. Krabs questioning if Patrick had actual money this time, Patrick ending up in jail and getting out of it the same way he ended up going to jail, Squidward coming through in the clutch with dry humor when it was needed.  It's been so long since I can say this, but finally.  A great Patrick episode.  It's been too long since I can say that since he's become such a wasted character over the past few years slowly descending to loathsome at times.  More of this please.

8.5/10

• Like 3

It FINALLY feels like Patrick is back to being his nice, dumb, oblivious self again after having his character go through some really un-neccessary out of character moments, most notably in seasons 6 and 7!  :D And yeah, I feel like this episode segment DID take some jabs at Nickelodeon executives.  :P Also, I like the alligator character who was the head C.E.O. of the company, that's not a type of character we see enough of in "Spongebob Squarepants."  :) This show feels like it's back on track!  ^_^ I give it a 9.5 out of 10. (The episode could've stood to be tightened up a bit in places.) :thumbsup:

This was an alright episode, but I agree with Fa it seemed to go by too fast, and at other times, too slow. But I do commend the episode for experimenting and not having an episode entirely focused on SpongeBob, who himself barely appeared, and we had a nice change of setting. The episode felt a bit lacking in some spots, and it feels like they could've done more with the concept overall, but it was probably one of the better Patrick episodes in recent years. I wouldn't be surprised if this episode really was a meta commentary on Nickelodeon's executive decisions though.

Grade: B

• Like 1

I'd Say it was Fairly Decent, i still gave it 5/5 because this was the first episode where Business is Featured MORE on Spongebob, it is something we haven't really seen much and that's why, It was so funny when he kept making the people think he Vanished(it reminds me of Ted Bear 2(C&H))

Final Rating

5/5 :woot:

Didn't like it. The pacing was way too slow and killed any potential laughs for me. It's nice that they tried to give Patrick the spotlight but with the episode dragging on as much as it did, I feel they could have done a LOT better than what we saw.

3/10

• Like 1

Finally saw it today, It was definitely enjoyable but they could have done way more with the concept they had at their disposal, also a plus that the episode didn't feel rushed, which is something that newer episodes of this show suffer from. 

I'd give it anywhere between an 8.2 and 7.5.