• Advertisement

The Fast Food Landscape is Changing

Clappy

http://www.buzzfeed.com/venessawong/chick-fil-a-moves-up-qsr-50?utm_term=.rhK2X6VJ3P#.rsg2pGQMRO

Found this interesting article on Buzzfeed which goes into detail showing the ten most successful restaurants of 2014 and how much each company earned revenue wise and per store.

enhanced-15007-1438615729-1.png

As you can tell, McDonald's still made the most money if you just primarily look at the numbers based off of the first column.  However, look down at number 8 and see how successful Chick-Fil-A is doing right now.  That's pretty damn impressive that it earns the highest revenue per store by nearly 500 million over the rest of it's competitors with not even two thousand locations nationwide.  Also doing impressive numbers despite not having as many locations opened is Panera Bread.

What I'm trying to get at is I feel like the fast food landscape is evolving.  Imagine what could possibly happen over our lifetimes if franchises like Chick-Fil-A and Panera keep providing high quality fast food and expand to more stores.  I know it's crazy to think this, but we could possibly see McDonald's dethroned as the nation's largest fast food franchise.

Thoughts?

Of course McDonalds is gonna stay at the top (but you never know what the future could bring) because, man, McDonalds is a fast food empire. It's everywhere. 

I hope Chick Fil A rises to the top. I love Chick Fil A. It has great customer service and it's usually always packed. I hate Panera Bread on the other hand. 

If Chik-fil-a and Panera can keep their level of quality food as they become more popular, then I can't complain.

I don't think I've ever had a bad customer service experience or a bad meal ever at Chick Fil A.

On a side note: Is that Sunohara from Clannad in your profile photo?

I don't think I've ever had a bad customer service experience or a bad meal ever at Chick Fil A.

On a side note: Is that Sunohara from Clannad in your profile photo?

Nope, Tamaki Suoh from Ouran High School Host Club!

It's interesting to note that despite Subway having more than TWICE the number of operating restaurants in the U.S. as McDonalds, in terms of the average amount of money pulled in at each Subway compared to the average amount of money at each McDonalds, Subway's numbers isn't even 20% of McDonalds! Just breaking it down for people.