• Advertisement

Rank the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Clappy

From the guy who told you to rank Pixar and DreamWorks Animation. Nuggets comments about Age of Ultron inspired me to make this topic too because I am legit curious.

Iron Man

The Incredible Hulk

Iron Man 2

Thor

Captain America: The First Avenger

The Avengers

Iron Man 3

Thor: The Dark World

Captain America: Winter Soldier

Guardians of the Galaxy

The Avengers: Age of Ultron

Ant-Man

As always, rank these best to worst and if you haven't seen one of the films, just don't rank it at all.

1) The Avengers

2) Guardians of the Galaxy

3) The Avengers: Age of Ultron

4) Captain America: The Winder Soldier

5) Ant-Man

6) Iron Man

7) Captain America: The First Avenger

8) The Incredible Hulk

9) Iron Man 2
10) Thor
11) Iron Man 3
12) Thor: The Dark World

Here's to phase 3!

Captain America: The Winter Soldier
The Avengers
Guardians of the Galaxy
Captain America: The First Avenger
Iron Man
Thor
Iron Man 3
Thor: The Dark World

Iron Man 2

Haven't seen Ant-Man yet or The Incredible Hulk.

• Like 1

I haven't seen The Incredible Hulk and Ant-Man but here's mine.

From worst to best:

Iron Man 2 - It was okay, it has some good parts in it but my god, it has a lot of filler scenes and the action scenes lacked.

Thor - It was pretty good but I wish they spent more time with Thor's homeworld, instead of World. It dragged at some points and it could have used more action.

Iron Man - People are going to come at me for this but honestly, I didn't find Iron Man as amazing as everyone found it to be. Don't get me wrong, it was still great and the story was flawfless. I just wished there were more action scenes in it, that's all.

Captain America First Avengers - Such an underrated masterpiece. The origin story was so well-done in my eyes. The action was also awesome.

Iron Man 3 - The twist and the ending still bug me but this has to be the most action-packed Iron Man yet. It was also really dark but at the same time, really funny.

Avengers: Age of Ultron - I still find it to be really amazing movie and I wasn't disappointed at all. I loved the action, humor, the villian, story and Hawkeye's character development. I have couple of nit-picks with the movie but still I enjoyed the hell out of it.

Thor: The Dark World - My God, this movie was so epic. I was on my egde of my seat the entire time. I'm glad we get to see space more than the Earth but the Earth scenes were well-done too. The story is really well-written, action was great and the chiffhanger makes me excited for the third movie and I hope the third movie will be better.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Now this is another sequel that kicked the first movie in the ass. Man, it was a really well-done superhero/spy movie. I really love Chris Evans as Captain America so much and I can't wait for what he'll do in Civil War.

Guardians of the Galaxy - This is one of the best spare-operas ever made, I'm serious. I didn't give this movie a chance until the praise I've heard and this movie deserved all the praise. It was non-stop awesome, funny as Hell and really emotional. I really can't wait what'll they do in the sequel but I hope it'll be just as amazing as this one.

Avengers - Do I need to say more. It was epic from start to finish. The action scenes were so fun to watch, the humor was top-notch and the way they brought all of our favorite superheros in the same place really paid off. Also Loki, the villian in the movie, is the most developed villian, we've gotten from this shared universe.

1. The Avengers

2. Iron Man

3. Captain America: Winter Soldier

4. Guardians of the Galaxy

5. Iron Man 3

6. Thor

7. Ant-Man

8. Avengers: Age of Ultron

9. Captain America: The First Avenger

10. Thor: The Dark World

11. The Incredible Hulk

12. Iron Man 2

1-5 I find to all be great movies. 1 and 2 are neck and neck for best MCU movie. I changed my rankings from my Best Films of 2014 list because I think The Winter Soldier keeps getting better every time I watch it so it jumps ahead of Guardians now.

6...honestly what I applied with The Winter Soldier goes to Thor as well. I find myself enjoying it a lot more with repeat viewings because it does the whole Shakespearian tragedy element very well. Not great, but still a damn good movie. 7 and 8 could possibly flip flop since I am going to see Ant Man again with friends so I'll know for sure if it's better than Ultron like my initial thoughts.

I love Captain America but the first is only good, not great.

Thor 2 is fine for what it is but the Earth portions of the movie were mediocre af to be completely honest.

The Incredible Hulk is also fine for what it was but we don't need any more Hulk movies. He's good as a non lead character.

Iron Man 2 is still a disappointing movie every time I watch it.

• Like 1

1. Iron Man

2. Iron Man 3

3. The Avengers

4. Thor

5. The Incredible Hulk

6. Captain America: The First Avenger

7. Guardians of the Galaxy

8. Iron Man 2

Should be noted that even though I think Iron Man 2 is the worst one, Guardians of the Galaxy made me stop caring about Marvel movies.

1) The Avengers

2) Guardians of the Galaxy

3) Ant-Man

4) Iron Man

5) Captain America: The Winder Soldier

6) Thor

8) Thor: The Dark World
9) Iron Man 2

I have yet to see Iron Man 3, The Incredible Hulk, and the Avengers: Age of Ultron

I haven't seen very many MCU movies, and honestly they're all a muddle for me. i'd probably put Ant-Man as my favourite that I've seen just because it felt different and I can actually distinguish it, and Avengers at the bottom because I sat through that entire movie not giving a shit.

5.) Iron Man 3

4.) The Avengers: Age of Ultron

3.) Guardians of the Galaxy

2.) Iron Man

1.) Captain America: Winter Soldier

Yeah, I've not seen too many Marvel movies, but I've liked what I've watched. Iron Man 3 is the only movie out of the five I've seen that I couldn't really get into.

The Avengers

Iron Man 3

Guardians of the Galaxy-seen about a little bit more than half

Iron Man

The Incredible Hulk

Iron Man 2

judging on how high people put CA: winter soldier I think I might see it haha

You should, it's incredible.

1. Captain America: Winter Soldier

2. Iron Man

3. The Avengers

4. Thor

5. Ant-Man

6. Iron Man 3

9. The Incredible Hulk

10. Captain America: The First Avenger

11. Thor: The Dark World

12. Iron Man 2

1. The Avengers

2. Captain America: Winter Soldier

3. Guardians of the Galaxy

4. Iron Man and Iron Man 3 switch places too much here for me to accurately choose between the two but for rn lets just say the original

5. Iron Man 3

6. Captain America: The First Avenger

7. Thor

9. Iron Man 2

10. Thor: The Dark World

Keep in mind that I actually enjoyed Thor 2. I don't really see why everyone had such a problem with it. I also liked IM2 for what it was, although a lot of it was rehashing and Vanko was meh as a villain.

Only one I can say I was honestly just disappointed in was Ultron but the exciting action scenes almost kinda make up for how many missed opportunities that one came away with. Almost.

I still need to see Ant-Man and don't really have any desire to see the 2008 Hulk because Hulk without Mark Ruffalo just doesn't seem that interesting

• Like 1

Huge bump but with six new movies out since this thread was last posted in, plus my thoughts changing in the past few years, time to update said rankings:

1. Captain America: Civil War

2. The Avengers

3. Iron Man

4. Black Panther

5. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

6. Thor: Ragnarok

8. Ant Man

9. Doctor Strange

10. Iron Man 3

11. Spider-Man: Homecoming

12. Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol 2

13. Thor

14. Captain America: The First Avenger

15. Thor: The Dark World

16. Avengers: Age of Ultron

17. The Incredible Hulk

18. Iron Man 2

Where do I start with some of these changes?

-New number one obviously.  This was The Avengers sequel we really needed instead of the one we got.

-Black Panther is the best solo outing since the original Iron Man.  It will be interesting to see if this lasts the test of time since I saw it nearly a week ago but right now, this position feels right.

-With how great Ragnarok turned out to be, just makes my thoughts on the other Thor movies that much more disappointing.  Even though I still like them, they are definitely the weakest of the MCU filmography.

-Ant Man really is standing the test of time since my last list.  It really is the most underlooked surprise on that list for me.

-Despite practically rehashing a lot of the origins of Iron Man, Doctor Strange is without a doubt the most visually stunning and challenging MCU movie ever done.  That alone goes a long way for me.

-Honestly had a really tough time ranking 10-12 since all three of these all practically suffer from more of the sameness of previous movies despite still being really good in their own rights.  I’ll give the edge to Iron Man 3, despite how much I dislike the villain twist.  Homecoming definitely surprised me with their John Hughes-esque take on the Spider-Man character, although it’s a far cry from the two great Raimi movies.  Despite having one of my favorite MCU villains in Ego and doing some great character development on the Guardians, I just felt like they were trying to cram in way too much in Vol 2 while being more of the same.  Like I said, I still really like all three of these movies, but that’s how I would separate these three.

-Age of Ultron has not aged well.  Especially considering how great Civil War was, I’m sorry that I ever stood up for this.  Disappointing.

• Like 1

1. Captain America: Winter Soldier 

2. The Avengers

3. Iron Man / Iron Man 3 (been nearly 3 years and I still can’t decide)

4. Black Panther 

5. Captain America: Civil War 

6. Thor Ragnarok

7. Ant-Man

8. Guardians of the Galaxy 

9. Doctor Strange 

10. Captain America: The First Avenger

11. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 

12. Spider-Man: Homecoming

13: Iron Man 2 

14: Thor 

15. Avengers: Age of Ultron

16. Thor: The Dark World 

Incredible Hulk doesn’t even count at this point so I’m not ranking it. Black Panther was hype as hell, Civil War is perhaps the best straight up comic book film, Spider-Man’s alright, and Ultron still manages to feel like a 2 hour long exposition train even 3 years later when we’ve finally started to see why it had to be be like how it was. 

Praying Infinity War comes for that top spot in May tho

My updated ranking, beep boop.

Real number 1) Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier

2) Captain America: Civil War

3) Avengers

4) Black Panther

5) Guardians of The Galaxy

6) Thor: Ragnarok

8) Iron Man

9) Guardians of The Galaxy Vol 2

10) Ant-Man

11) Doctor Strange

12) Spider-Man: Homecoming

13) Iron Man 3

14) Thor

15) Avengers: Age of Ultron

16) Thor: The Dark World

17) The Incredible Hulk

18) Iron Man 2

1-6 are just some of the finest comic book movies ever made, I really love 7-11 despite their flaws, 12-14 are pretty good, 15-16 are just fine, 17 was okay and 18 was eh whatever.

I hope Infinity War will manage to beat them but we'll see.

1. Iron Man 3
  2. Winter Soldier
  3. Guardians of the Galaxy 2
  4. Ant-Man
  5. Black Panther
  6. Iron Man
  8. First Avenger
  9. Spider-Man Homecoming
  10. Civil War
  11. Doctor Strange
  12. Iron Man 2