• Advertisement

SpongeCraft Update

Guest hilaryfan80

Guest hilaryfan80

If you cannot connect to SpongeCraft, please uninstall SpongeCraft and download a new copy of SpongeCraft. This should fix any problems that you have with getting on. :)

For me it still says cannot connect to Minecraft.net yet Offline still works, the only noticable things is the lack of skins, and yeah I re-installed to be sure. Should that be an issue? o.o

Guest hilaryfan80

I've figured out the problem. This is a large DNS issue on everyone's part, which I cannot fix for you, nor can a SpongeCraft update fix it. You have to fix it yourself, so I am providing instructions.

Follow the instructions below, and hopefully it will work once more.

Windows:

Spoiler

DO NOT SKIP ANY PART OF THIS. DO NOT THINK YOU KNOW BETTER AND YOU'RE LIKE "OH, IT'LL BE FINE." FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS EXACTLY.

If you are using the Minecraft client, follow steps 2, 3, and 4 only.

1. Completely uninstall SpongeCraft. This includes going into your Documents folder (on Windows XP, it's "My Documents") and deleting the "SpongeCraft" folder entirely. There should not be a SpongeCraft folder at all in your Documents folder. DO NOT REINSTALL YET.
  2. Open the Command Prompt and type this code in: ipconfig /flushdns
  3. Completely close out of all of your programs. Yes, this includes Skype, whatever game you have open, or anything non-SBC related. Close your browser, close everything.
  4. RESTART YOUR COMPUTER. Yes, this includes you, and yes it must be a full restart.
  5. Now you may reinstall SpongeCraft.

Mac: (Disclaimer: I'm currently working on the SpongeCraft client for Mac right now because it doesn't work - PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME THAT IT DOESN'T WORK BECAUSE I ALREADY KNOW. I will post in this topic when the Mac client works, and then follow these directions.)

Spoiler

DO NOT SKIP ANY PART OF THIS. DO NOT THINK YOU KNOW BETTER AND YOU'RE LIKE "OH, IT'LL BE FINE." FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS EXACTLY.

1. Completely uninstall SpongeCraft. This is as simple as deleting the "SpongeCraft" app. DO NOT REINSTALL YET.
  2. Follow these instructions provided by Apple: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202516
  3. Completely close out of all of your programs. Yes, this includes Skype, whatever game you have open, or anything non-SBC related. Close your browser, close everything.
  4. RESTART YOUR COMPUTER. Yes, this includes you, and yes it must be a full restart.

Linux:

Spoiler

1. Delete the "SpongeCraft" folder. DO NOT REINSTALL YET.
  2. I cannot possibly give instructions for every single Linux distro, so you'll have to find instructions on how to flush the DNS on your corresponding Linux distro. For example, if you're using Ubuntu, find the instructions on how to flush the DNS on Ubuntu.

I've figured out the problem. This is a large DNS issue on everyone's part, which I cannot fix for you, nor can a SpongeCraft update fix it. You have to fix it yourself, so I am providing instructions.

Follow the instructions below, and hopefully it will work once more.

Windows:

Spoiler

1. Completely uninstall SpongeCraft. This includes going into your Documents folder (on Windows XP, it's "My Documents") and deleting the "SpongeCraft" folder entirely. There should not be a SpongeCraft folder at all in your Documents folder. DO NOT REINSTALL YET.
  2. Open the Command Prompt and type this code in: ipconfig /flushdns

Mac: (Disclaimer: I'm currently working on the SpongeCraft client for Mac right now because it doesn't work - PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME THAT IT DOESN'T WORK BECAUSE I ALREADY KNOW. I will post in this topic when the Mac client works, and then follow these directions.)

Spoiler

1. Completely uninstall SpongeCraft. This is as simple as deleting the "SpongeCraft" app. DO NOT REINSTALL YET.
  2. Follow these instructions provided by Apple: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202516

Linux:

Spoiler

1. Delete the "SpongeCraft" folder. DO NOT REINSTALL YET.
  2. I cannot possibly give instructions for every single Linux distro, so you'll have to find instructions on how to flush the DNS on your corresponding Linux distro. For example, if you're using Ubuntu, find the instructions on how to flush the DNS on Ubuntu.

Still says the offline thing for me.

Guest hilaryfan80

Still says the offline thing for me.

In the Command Prompt, tell me what this gives you:

ping sockets.thesbcommunity.com

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

You may have put "thesbcommunity.com" as the server name, which did work in the past but not anymore. Try readding the server with the server address provided here: http://www.thesbcommunity.com/spongecraft/account

That's exactly the command I used from the get-go.

In the Command Prompt, tell me what this gives you:

ping sockets.thesbcommunity.com

Spoiler
Pinging sockets.thesbcommunity.com [66.228.45.73] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 66.228.45.73: bytes=32 time=33ms TTL=54
Reply from 66.228.45.73: bytes=32 time=29ms TTL=54
Reply from 66.228.45.73: bytes=32 time=35ms TTL=54
Reply from 66.228.45.73: bytes=32 time=30ms TTL=54

Ping statistics for 66.228.45.73:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 29ms, Maximum = 35ms, Average = 31ms

Try step #2 again by itself and reopen SpongeCraft. I reverted a lot of things, so it may work.

Still says "cannot connect to Minecraft.net", but offline still works.