• Advertisement

Touhou Project

Nosferatu!

I loves me some Touhou. I really need to get back into it.

I've played most of the games (save PC-98 and TH14 - TH15), read a few print works (if I recall, I believe I've only finished Wild and Horned Hermit and Forbidden Scrollery) and, of course, enjoyed quite a bit of music. 

My favorite game is Subterranean Animism, and... oh, god, don't get me started on my favorite character. 

I HOPE I'M NOT THE ONLY TOUHOU FAN HERE!  :squilliam2:

What exactly is Touhou?

I mean, I've heard of it before and seen some of the characters in2 Project 8, but what exactly do you do in the games?

I really need to try out the Touhou games so time. I love the music from the games.

Any specific songs you like? :)

What exactly is Touhou?

I mean, I've heard of it before and seen some of the characters in2 Project 8, but what exactly do you do in the games?

It's a 2D vertically-scrolling danmaku (bullet curtain/curtain fire) shooting game.

5e28ca26.jpg

So essentially, what you do is dodge the bullets... aaand that's pretty much it. Aha, it sounds boring, but it's not at all! Each level gets increasingly more difficult, i.e., the bullet patterns become more rapid and copious. 

However, there are a few fighting games to play instead if the whole "dodge-the-bullet" thing doesn't sound like your cup of tea.

Swr_game_screenshot.png

TL;DR - Touhou is fun as hell (both the shooters and the fighters). 10/10 would highly recommend!

Unless you have a Windows emulator, I don't believe so. :(

How can I get a windows emulator?

(and if I can actually get it, which project is the best?)

How can I get a windows emulator?

(and if I can actually get it, which project is the best?)

By downloading WineBottler

If all goes well, I would suggest TH06 (Embodiment of Scarlet Devil) as a shooter and TH07.5 (Immaterial and Missing Power) as a fighter. You can find them (along with practically everything Touhou) here. :)