• Advertisement

190b. Tutor Sauce

Jjs Goodman

Rating?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of this episode?

• 5/5 Stars: Welcome to Boating School, Mr. Krabs!
    • 4/5 Stars: I'm married to my job.
    • 3/5 Stars: Are you a certified driving instructor?
    • 2/5 Stars: You let a snail drive?
    • 1/5 Stars: I failed again...

It was a really good episode. I enjoyed seeing Mr. Krabs teaching SpongeBob how to drive and actually keeping it cool when in the same boat with "DemolitionPants", especially since he didn't raise his voice once after SpongeBob destroyed the Krusty Krab many times when backing up or flooring it.

I especially liked the ending when Mr. Krabs ended up in boating school. (I half-expected Mrs. Puff to make some comment about her ex-boyfriend now being a student in her school, but that may be too much to ask.)

But it was still a great episode after a long hiatus.

• Like 1

Pretty good episode. I'm glad we had a Mr. Krabs episode that wasn't about him being cheap, and managed to blend with a Boating School plot. Like JCM said, for once I felt bad for Mr. Krabs at the end, which hasn't happened in a long time. The episode was storyboarded by someone who works on Uncle Grandpa, so it had some similarities to an average Uncle Grandpa episode, especially with how energetic it felt. Like Lost in Bikini Bottom, the animation here was pretty great. The episode had some pretty funny gags, like Gary being able to drive and Mr. Krabs' exchange with the cop. However, most of it was one running gag (SpongeBob destroying the Krusty Krab), which kind of hurts the comedic value a bit. Still, the rest was pretty good. I wish we got another Kruff moment, but oh well.

Grade: B+

SN: Did anyone notice this?:

Mf64Wqc.png

Jeffrey, is that you?

• Like 7

SN: Did anyone notice this?:

Mf64Wqc.png

Jeffery, is that you?

Yeah that was really weird.

So I rewatched and it's a 10/10 no brainer

Squidward was flat out hilarious, salting Mr. Krabs,assaulting the customer (I NEED THE BACKSTORY INFO PLEASE :P) and all of that jazz he was perfect. The gags did get repetitive, but hey it did something different with the gag, like the simulator, and the one way so it completely makes up for that. Gary can tie shoes, so I guess he can also nonchalantly drive through a dangerous...whatever it was. The ending while probably not deserved for the episode is still hilarious, also the animation is to DIE FOR! :squilliam2:

• Like 1

This was way funnier than LIBB. Yes most of it was SpongeBob destroying Krusty Krab but it was a lot fun. Mr. Krabs is still not at his season 1 version but he was good in this episode and he didn't make me facepalm. There are some nice character moments too. Squidward, Gary and Pearl were great in this episode (holy crap, Pearl was actually hilarious). Yeah, this episode may be repetitive and it doesn't have a replay value but I still liked it. Lets see how other new episodes goes. I gave this episode an A-.

• Like 2

Wow....

This is one of the best episodes of the show that I've seen since a long while! Especially since post-Out of Water already shows means of improving in the show's quality. I love the change in attitude the episode gives to Mr. Krabs by making him more likeable, and not so heavily focused on his cheap personality. The biggest highlight was the amount of hilarious jokes, from the over the top running gag to the one face Spongebob makes. (It's also nice to see Mr. Krabs get his own share of funny moments.) I also kinda liked how Mr. Krabs got some sort of comeuppance by the end. One little flaw I'll point out for myself is how, spite the improvement in Krabs' character, the episode makes him less like a likeable jerk and rather so likeable that I almost feel sympathetic for him. (consider that I have a "love to hate" relationship with the character. It's my limit.)

8.3/10

• Like 1

My personal favorite of the two premieres. I really can't say it much better than how JCM put it. Any episode that can make Old Man Krabs seem genuinely caring and can put him in a sympathetic light in my eyes (especially at this point) deserves some serious cred. That combined with some good laughs (especially the cop part) gives this a 5/5 for me.

• Like 4

I found Tutor Sauce to be my favorite episode of the pair. The gags about destroying the Krusty Krab were repetitive but still amusing. I also liked that droll traffic cop who's married to the job, as well as Pearl's cameo :P But the best part of this episode was Mr. Krabs's character. He wasn't overly greedy or a jerk this time! He was genuinely interested in helping SB learn how to drive despite the damage and money he ended up costing. Tutor Sauce gets a solid 8/10 from me.

• Like 1

But it feels like it was done too much in this episode, like the executives just turned it up to 11.

No offense to you Prez, but we can't expect it to be exactly like it was in the first 3 seasons (IF that's what you wanted, I don't know if it was). Honestly, if it was exactly the same as a early episode, a lot of people might actually not like it (maybe people would say "they're just copying how they started" or something like that). If I offended you somehow by what I said, it wasn't intentional. Anyway...

I honestly think this episode was a step in the right direction for the show, with the episode learning more towards funny faces, visual gags, and the writing. Some other seasons have been lacking in the clever jokes, gags and writing that appealed to all ages, keeping it fun for anyone watching it. It really seems like they're trying to get back to that, and it was very noticeable here. It didn't seem like the plot was re-hashed from an older episode, the jokes felt fresh, and the characters were very similar to how they used to be. The joke about SpongeBob destroying the Krusty Krab did get used more then 1 or 2 times, but I was still laughing the last time they did it, and it didn't feel like they just repeated the same exact thing every time they did it. This episode gets a 8/10 for me. Not perfect, but certainly my favorite season 9 episode (as of this post).

• Like 2

A few things about this.

Mr. Krabs being nervous is always funny to me. His voice and explanations are just funny to hear. It's like you can see the squirming in his voice.

The double roundabout was quite funny and well done

" To your starboard you yield, and to your port they yield to you and when your in the middle it's Every man for himself and the devil take the rest "

And

"I thought you were just using Gary as a colorful example" - Spongebob

"Oh he's colorful alright but he's also gonna teach you how to drive" - Krabs

The car crash into the Krusty Krab was a bit repetitive but the one were the other cars crashed in an effort to avoid Spongebob was funny.

Also this old man rant which writers evidently remembered krabs is GOAT level in this.

Spoiler

Wipe that boating school malarkey out of your mind son. It's all a racket. And that goes for every kind of schooling. Why there aint nothing truly important, you can't learn on the streets with half a jigger of common sense and your own two claws.

Spongebob's Naivety and Krab's Old fashioned attitude clash brilliantly when the writers don't make the situation all about money.

Also saw this today, and it was really good. Finally a good episode that focused on spongebob driving but had a different concept. The jokes were funny especially the gags with the krusty krab being destroyed. Really solid episode and didn't feel rushed which is always a plus. 9/10

• Like 1

O.M.G!!!! Totally the best episode segment I've seen in ages! So awesome! Mr. Krabs gave PEARL money just because! And Mr. Krabs, is DEFINITELY a better teacher than Mrs. Puff, if for no other reason that Mr. Krabs didn't lose his cool with Spongebob! :lol: That's what I was doing when Spongebob CRASHED into the Krusty Krab with the driving simulator, and I ROFL'd when ALL the cars crashed into the Krusty Krab just to avoid Spongebob! :laugh: Season nine looks like it is going to be a STRONG season! :D Enough said! ;)