• Advertisement

190b. Tutor Sauce

Jjs Goodman

Rating?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of this episode?

• 5/5 Stars: Welcome to Boating School, Mr. Krabs!
    • 4/5 Stars: I'm married to my job.
    • 3/5 Stars: Are you a certified driving instructor?
    • 2/5 Stars: You let a snail drive?
    • 1/5 Stars: I failed again...

oE1dr10.jpg

Premieres:
Thursday, July 16th @ 7:30pm ET/PT

Encores:
Saturday, July 18th @ 10:30am ET/PT

Saturday, July 18th @ 12:45pm ET/PT

Plot:

When SpongeBob fails his driver's test again, Mr. Krabs decides to teach him how to drive.

Clips:

N/A

Not much info is known about this one right now, but this will be premiering after Lost in Bikini Bottom July 16th. Sherm also said Fred Osmond (of Uncle Grandpa fame) did storyboards on this episode (not sure if he means as a storyboard director or artist).

• Like 1

I'm really unsure about this episode. On one hand, it could have Mr. Krabs actually caring about SpongeBob and helping him with getting his driver's license like we've been praying for for 9 seasons.

On the other hand, he might only be in it just because Mrs. Puff pays him to tutor SpongeBob.

• Like 1

I don't know why but I just keep thinking this is the perfect episode to use this old production music track in.

As for the episode itself, I do have high expectations especially since Sherm said "You guys are gonna dig it". To me that says he thinks it's a major improvement with the new staff working on them.

• Like 2

I'm really unsure about this episode. On one hand, it could have Mr. Krabs actually caring about SpongeBob and helping him with getting his driver's license like we've been praying for for 9 seasons.

On the other hand, he might only be in it just because Mrs. Puff pays him to tutor SpongeBob.

Yeah, we haven't witnessed that side of Mr. Krabs since...Season 2?

• Like 1

Yeah, we haven't witnessed that side of Mr. Krabs since...Season 2?

Accurate. If Mr. Krabs really does show care, I'll see a character imrpove for the firs time in years.. I do not have hopes up though.

• Like 1

Am I the only one hoping for some Kruff to come out of this?

#KRUFFISTHESTUFF2015

I have a feeling Krabs will use tarter sauce somehow in their driving, like literally put it in the wheels or something. Maybe he wants SB to drive because he cares but also because he wants to gain something out of it. Like SB could make deliveries for the KK, something tells me he wants to do it just because he cares. Using tarter sauce is a cheap, weird way to drive with to make it easier. I like when characters are put in unique settings that they usually never appear in. Kind of like Perfect Chemistry. (Even if that episode mostly flopped imo.)

• Like 3

According to several tvguides, it seems like Tutor Sauce is actually premiering in the 7:30 slot, and Lost in Bikini Bottom at 7:45. Why Nick is promoting Lost in Bikini Bottom only when it is the second episode to air is beyond me.

• Like 2

According to several tvguides, it seems like Tutor Sauce is actually premiering in the 7:30 slot, and Lost in Bikini Bottom at 7:45. Why Nick is promoting Lost in Bikini Bottom only when it is the second episode to air is beyond me.

Since they're promoting LIBB, they're gonna show it last to build hype. At least that's ,y theory.

This one could go either way. The plot sounds like it could be a classic fun boating school episode, or a cheapskate Krabs episode. We'll just have to wait and see.

Well know we know why Pearl isn't in Boating School. I thought that Mr. Krabs wanted to save money for it and I was right. Mr. Krabs helping was nice and I'm surprised he stayed calm. Literally Krabs is the only person who can stand up to SB and be chill about it. That game simulator part was Gary was pretty fun too. Dang cops man, they always ruin the fun. I feel like it could have more gags than the KK being destroyed, but I think they handled it nicely. Plus what was with Squidward in this? First he pours salt on Mr. Krabs eyes and then hits a customer with a spatula. 

The "married to my job" line, the arcade game and Mr. Krabs' friendliness stood out to me above anything else. This is probably one of my favorite season 9 episodes so far, it was nice at best. 

• Like 6

This episode felt like an Uncle Grandpa one, it was weird, and it just worked. Even if the gags got repetitive they were still funny. Gotta love the simulator, and Gary driving nonchalantly... well he can tie shoes so why not. :P

9/10

Up with the best of s9 easily.