• Advertisement

050b. Krusty Krab Training Video

spongebobiscool

People

Order

Our

Patties

Makes this great without even considering ANY OTHER PART OF THE EPISODE, but the others were awesome too.

Anyone else seen the special version with the bonus trivia facts? It was cool to watch that alongside.

9/10

Another classic season 3 episode and It's one of my all-time favorite SpongeBob episodes. This episode and Wet Painters are the SpongeBob episode pairing ever. In my opinion, Wet Painters is a little better than this episdoe but this episode is still amazing. There were lots of funny moments in this episode. Hoopla fish really made me laugh. The narrator swatting SpongeBob with a fly swatter was very funny. POOP joke was very funny. Patrick's and Plankton's parts in this episode was very funny. SpongeBob running around the restaurant really cracked me up. The ending was very funny. 10/10 again. No wonder why season 3 is my favorite season.

Nothing pleases me more than when the writers experiment. SpongeBob is not a work of art, and it doesn't try to be, which is why these artsy-type episodes are always such a wonderful surprise. KKTV manages to play with a different storytelling technique while giving each of the show's main characters (minus Sandy and Gary) the spotlight and still being funny through it all. It takes everything that made the show successful up to that point and multiplies it by 1000 while simultaneously ripping it apart. This episode is a masterpiece of structure, of comedy, of everything. Then there's the music. The rock-inspired nature of the episode's theme is a stark contrast to the mundane nature of the episode itself, and this works to parody how training videos try to create enthusiasm for something that is fundamentally boring.

Also, this episode gives us a rare look at the inside operations of the Krusty Krab. It describes their "latest achievements in fast-food technology" and "strict set of personal hygiene guidelines" in an entertaining and slightly self-deprecating manner. The narrator, or "ceiling", as Patrick calls him, seems to understand how absurd everything is, but instead of just commenting on it, he partakes in the fun in many instances, openly defying the expectation that he be detached and unbiased. We get a look into the history of not only the Krusty Krab but Mr. Krabs himself. We learn that he was always a cheapskate, even as a kid, and that he suffered from a bout of depression after coming back from a war. It's not like the series to go this deep into character backstories, and it doesn't do so again until the fifth season episode Friend or Foe, also about Mr. Krabs.

All of this and more is what makes KKTV my favorite episode.

This episode is just there for me. It's an 8/10. *ducks in bomb shelter*

OK hear me out: the gags I do find to be funny, but it tends to just drag out in some part, and after watching it over and over yet again, it just gets a bit boring honestly. The only memorable scenes were the Plankton cameo, and Squidward banging his head, which were both hilarious as those were upsides. This episode: solid, but not much replay value to it personally, and it tends to be the same thing: POOP, Patrick being indecisive, and SpongeBob asking how to make a Krabby Patty... which contradicts Help Wanted. :P

• Like 1

1987/10 too much yes -ign

Only problem I have with this:

On airings from 2002 to 2005, Nickelodeon made an error in the split screen credits and instead of the United Plankton Pictures logo, THIS FREAKING THING popped up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_MZEWW6KlY

Still an amazing episode I would recommend for anyone.