• Advertisement

Hi. It's More_Spandy Again.

So, yeah, I think this may need some explanation. 

I noticed that a lot of SpongeBuddy Mania's members were still joining this site as well, and vice versa, and I thought I'd stop by and look around again to see if anything's different now from when I left. 

As a disclaimer, I am not apologizing for what I've done here right away. I still need to get the feel of being in the forum and having contact with the other members and staff for a few weeks before I can really make a judgement, because you know, don't judge the whole on a fraction. However, I will say I do feel as if my acting up towards the site outweighed my honest problems with it, and I'm sorry if I went too far. So here, I'll do a calm and collective thoughts on the place when I was here. 

Low levels of activity are fine, if a site's developing it needs to start low before it can escalate, and even if it does increase, it'd still feel calmer, with less to be confused at once. My problem is that you have enough members to make that kind of conversation, yet posts in a topic are typically so distant from each other, on top of a lot of late responses conversations and generally separate ideas, that those conversations become disjointed and hard to follow. 

And as for the members, most of them are fine, but it's more of the staff's ignorance to the good things and attention towards the bad. In order to maintain something well there needs to be a balance. Something like my unfinished top 50 episodes from last summer contained many expressions of my thoughts and feelings, yet most of my posts had no others in between and what was there was guessing the next episode. Yet when I post one thing saying your thoughts on a viewer are unreasonable, boom, 10 quotes plus 3 warning points for a swear word which I edited out in under 20 seconds. (Just for those who think I left because of that reviewer, yeah, SBM's situation is far worse so that now gives this place an advantage to get away) Yes, I do regret that post since it was disrespecting opinions, but it feels so sudden and imbalanced that it angers me. It isn't just me either. Quite a few similar topics had the same problem. Also, there was an incident where you put one user's personal information on other sites.

And for the site's actual setup, it seems as if you fix a lot of details, while the more basic things like having a color scheme for the skin that isn't too bright to hurt my eyes or having a log-in that takes a month are completely ignored. Even for me details like an image uploader, SBM at least had some kind of notice that it doesn't have one. 

But yeah, I am to blame too. Although, I did kinda act this way on a decent number of sites at the time, even SBM. I have posted some nasty remarks on pages like Deviantart or YouTube, because am just so shy and nonverbal in reality that it's really easy to break out on the internet, and I regret it. I'm coming back so I can really see if this is a place that I can work out with and love. Maybe I just joined on the wrong time. 

Maybe we can just try again. So, hi, my name is OneFluttershyAway, and I am not a dummy. 

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120411015802/spongebob/images/d/d3/I'm_with_the_dummy.jpg

So, yeah, I think this may need some explanation. 

I noticed that a lot of SpongeBuddy Mania's members were still joining this site as well, and vice versa, and I thought I'd stop by and look around again to see if anything's different now from when I left. 

As a disclaimer, I am not apologizing for what I've done here right away. I still need to get the feel of being in the forum and having contact with the other members and staff for a few weeks before I can really make a judgement, because you know, don't judge the whole on a fraction. However, I will say I do feel as if my acting up towards the site outweighed my honest problems with it, and I'm sorry if I went too far. So here, I'll do a calm and collective thoughts on the place when I was here. 

Low levels of activity are fine, if a site's developing it needs to start low before it can escalate, and even if it does increase, it'd still feel calmer, with less to be confused at once. My problem is that you have enough members to make that kind of conversation, yet posts in a topic are typically so distant from each other, on top of a lot of late responses conversations and generally separate ideas, that those conversations become disjointed and hard to follow. 

And as for the members, most of them are fine, but it's more of the staff's ignorance to the good things and attention towards the bad. In order to maintain something well there needs to be a balance. Something like my unfinished top 50 episodes from last summer contained many expressions of my thoughts and feelings, yet most of my posts had no others in between and what was there was guessing the next episode. Yet when I post one thing saying your thoughts on a viewer are unreasonable, boom, 10 quotes plus 3 warning points for a swear word which I edited out in under 20 seconds. (Just for those who think I left because of that reviewer, yeah, SBM's situation is far worse so that now gives this place an advantage to get away) Yes, I do regret that post since it was disrespecting opinions, but it feels so sudden and imbalanced that it angers me. It isn't just me either. Quite a few similar topics had the same problem. Also, there was an incident where you put one user's personal information on other sites.

And for the site's actual setup, it seems as if you fix a lot of details, while the more basic things like having a color scheme for the skin that isn't too bright to hurt my eyes or having a log-in that takes a month are completely ignored. Even for me details like an image uploader, SBM at least had some kind of notice that it doesn't have one. 

But yeah, I am to blame too. Although, I did kinda act this way on a decent number of sites at the time, even SBM. I have posted some nasty remarks on pages like Deviantart or YouTube, because am just so shy and nonverbal in reality that it's really easy to break out on the internet, and I regret it. I'm coming back so I can really see if this is a place that I can work out with and love. Maybe I just joined on the wrong time.

Okay, there's a lot here for me to reply to. I'm not going to ban you, but there's a lot I'm getting off my chest. I'll be replying to this since I think I'm your biggest problem with this site:

1.) "Yet when I post one thing saying your thoughts on a viewer are unreasonable, boom, 10 quotes plus 3 warning points for a swear word which I edited out in under 20 seconds. (Just for those who think I left because of that reviewer, yeah, SBM's situation is far worse so that now gives this place an advantage to get away) Yes, I do regret that post since it was disrespecting opinions, but it feels so sudden and imbalanced that it angers me. It isn't just me either."

Um, no, that's now how it works. You weren't really innocent in that topic, pal. You said "Fuck this place, I'm out", and you previously made it obvious you did not like SBC at the time. I gave you an honest and calm PM that your outburst in that topic was uncalled for, and you replied telling me to "fuck off". I'll admit, my previous punishment was harsh. However, telling a staff member to "fuck off" when I gave you a calm and peaceful warning isn't exactly mature. I was also told that you were talking about me behind my back on SBM (along with a few snide jabs at SBC), which I don't appreciate at all. I don't know why me giving you an honest warning over a truth be told, immature thing makes me some evil guy, but I would like to know why. 

2.) "Also, there was an incident where you put one user's personal information on other sites."

What incident are you referring to here? You may have to elaborate.

3.) "And for the site's actual setup, it seems as if you fix a lot of details, while the more basic things like having a color scheme for the skin that isn't too bright to hurt my eyes or having a log-in that takes a month are completely ignored. Even for me details like an image uploader, SBM at least had some kind of notice that it doesn't have one."

Huh? What are you talking about with "having a log-in that takes a month"? Also, if you don't like our skins, there's plenty to choose from.

4.) "Low levels of activity are fine, if a site's developing it needs to start low before it can escalate, and even if it does increase, it'd still feel calmer, with less to be confused at once. My problem is that you have enough members to make that kind of conversation, yet posts in a topic are typically so distant from each other, on top of a lot of late responses conversations and generally separate ideas, that those conversations become disjointed and hard to follow."

Yes, we get it. SBC in 2014 wasn't its most active period. But we can't force people to post in topics they don't want to. There's going to be days when topics don't get replies, I can't help that. But saying things like "SBM has more info on the movie, IMO", doesn't really help discussion at all. I don't remember the exact other posts, but I remember you kept posting how much you preferred SBM on SBC. As a staff member, that'd be a bit insulting honestly. That's like going into Canada and saying America is better.

5.) "And as for the members, most of them are fine, but it's more of the staff's ignorance to the good things and attention towards the bad. In order to maintain something well there needs to be a balance."

What ignorance? If you're referring to my punishment above, see #1. The only staff member you have a beef with (apparently) is me, so don't throw the others into this.

As I said before, I'm not going to ban you. If you truly do want to be active on this site, I'll give you another chance. But there's some stuff I need to say that I feel maybe went by your head last time.

• Like 5

Okay, there's a lot here for me to reply to. I'm not going to ban you, but there's a lot I'm getting off my chest. I'll be replying to this since I think I'm your biggest problem with this site:

1.) "Yet when I post one thing saying your thoughts on a viewer are unreasonable, boom, 10 quotes plus 3 warning points for a swear word which I edited out in under 20 seconds. (Just for those who think I left because of that reviewer, yeah, SBM's situation is far worse so that now gives this place an advantage to get away) Yes, I do regret that post since it was disrespecting opinions, but it feels so sudden and imbalanced that it angers me. It isn't just me either."

Um, no, that's now how it works. You weren't really innocent in that topic, pal. You said "Fuck this place, I'm out", and you previously made it obvious you did not like SBC at the time. I gave you an honest and calm PM that your outburst in that topic was uncalled for, and you replied telling me to "fuck off". I'll admit, my previous punishment was harsh. However, telling a staff member to "fuck off" when I gave you a calm and peaceful warning isn't exactly mature. I was also told that you were talking about me behind my back on SBM (along with a few snide jabs at SBC), which I don't appreciate at all. I don't know why me giving you an honest warning over a truth be told, immature thing makes me some evil guy, but I would like to know why. 

2.) "Also, there was an incident where you put one user's personal information on other sites."

What incident are you referring to here? You may have to elaborate.

3.) "And for the site's actual setup, it seems as if you fix a lot of details, while the more basic things like having a color scheme for the skin that isn't too bright to hurt my eyes or having a log-in that takes a month are completely ignored. Even for me details like an image uploader, SBM at least had some kind of notice that it doesn't have one."

Huh? What are you talking about with "having a log-in that takes a month"? Also, if you don't like our skins, there's plenty to choose from.

4.) "Low levels of activity are fine, if a site's developing it needs to start low before it can escalate, and even if it does increase, it'd still feel calmer, with less to be confused at once. My problem is that you have enough members to make that kind of conversation, yet posts in a topic are typically so distant from each other, on top of a lot of late responses conversations and generally separate ideas, that those conversations become disjointed and hard to follow."

Yes, we get it. SBC in 2014 wasn't its most active period. But we can't force people to post in topics they don't want to. There's going to be days when topics don't get replies, I can't help that. But saying things like "SBM has more info on the movie, IMO", doesn't really help discussion at all. I don't remember the exact other posts, but I remember you kept posting how much you preferred SBM on SBC. As a staff member, that'd be a bit insulting honestly. That's like going into Canada and saying America is better.

5.) "And as for the members, most of them are fine, but it's more of the staff's ignorance to the good things and attention towards the bad. In order to maintain something well there needs to be a balance."

What ignorance? If you're referring to my punishment above, see #1. The only staff member you have a beef with (apparently) is me, so don't throw the others into this.

As I said before, I'm not going to ban you. If you truly do want to be active on this site, I'll give you another chance. But there's some stuff I need to say that I feel maybe went by your head last time.

Well, there's always two sides to a story. There's always gonna be some wide differences in perspective and I'll respect that. I'll just talk about it more tomorrow. 

Well, there's always two sides to a story. There's always gonna be some wide differences in perspective and I'll respect that. I'll just talk about it more tomorrow. 

That doesn't really answer my questions, but I'll be willing to listen if you elaborate.

So we're letting this guy back why again? I am really interested on why.

It does sound like he wants to make up for what he did (even though the way he worded some of his post came off to me, as I pointed out in my previous reply), so I'll give him a chance. 

That's not how it works...

• Like 1

Okay, I'm willing to give you a second chance. But I need to dive in on a couple points:

1. Are you seriously butthurt over a couple warning points? Maybe the permaban was harsh, yes, but rules are rules. Staff members saw you swearing in the SpongeBob section, we gave the appropriate punishment.

2. How are the staff paying attention towards the bad? Seriously, I have not seen one staff member here pay attention towards the bad. We're just doing our jobs: regulating the forums so everyone can have an enjoyable, safe environment. 

• Like 2

And for the site's actual setup, it seems as if you fix a lot of details, while the more basic things like having a color scheme for the skin that isn't too bright to hurt my eyes

You know there's multiple skins to choose from, right? I'm sure you can find one that will be soothing on your retinas.

• Like 2

I don't really care whether you come or go as long as you do so peacefully, but a word of advice. Coming back onto a forum and having your "welcome back" post be what basically amounts to half of an attack on said forum's management, aesthetic and activity levels is probably not the greatest idea. Just wanted to point that out since the OP gives off a bit of the air of "I'm back, even though this place isn't that great haha", and that attitude is not gonna fly if you plan on making your stay here last a little longer than your previous one.

• Like 7

So we're letting this guy back why again? I am really interested on why.

Agreeing with Trophy here.

In the past, SBC has given multiple 'problem-users' second chances only for them to shit on us again and cause more drama. Not saying that the OP will, just that I've never been particularly fond with this site's tolerance of ban-dodgers.

• Like 2

As long as you behave yourself, I have no problems with you returning. Just remember the golden rule: don't be a jerk. :)

Yeah, this. I'm actually confident that you'll make for a pretty good member. Just be cool.

That doesn't really answer my questions, but I'll be willing to listen if you elaborate.

It does sound like he wants to make up for what he did (even though the way he worded some of his post came off to me, as I pointed out in my previous reply), so I'll give him a chance.when i do something and im sorry no body exepsts my apolage

As a former staff member, my philosophy has always been about giving users second chances, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." There are definitely former staff out there like teenj who thinks we are too lenient giving banned users second chances only for them to shit on us, and rightfully so. We have a history of that coming back to bite us in the ass. My reason for thinking is that the origins of this site from when it first opened in 2009 was banned tv.com users making this a site to escape to for a second chance to still post together. People fuck up and if we hold grudges, how does that make us better as people?

My ideology aside, I'm open to giving you a second chance More...but Nuggets worded it best. Having your welcome back post be a critical analysis of the forums staff, activity levels, and visuals is not the way to go about it. Especially since your history on here is you heavily favoring one site over another and having choice words about this forum that you have not only worded here, but on SBM as well. The vibe that your OP comes off as is "I'm here but not because I want to be." If you want to be active here, so be it. You are entitled to your opinion, but since Jjs and the rest of the staff are allowing you a second chance, the least you can do on your end is to show respect towards them and the forums as well. They may not be as active as SBM, but activity is a two way street. You can either bitch about the activity, or do something about it and actually post. That doesn't only go out to you, but that statement goes out to everyone who's activity is them viewing the community index.

• Like 9

Agreeing with Trophy here.

In the past, SBC has given multiple 'problem-users' second chances only for them to shit on us again and cause more drama. Not saying that the OP will, just that I've never been particularly fond with this site's tolerance of ban-dodgers.

I'm not saying it's because it's "him", I'm saying we're doing this WAY too much as of late like teenj said here. Sure what others said and all, but with some people they obviously show they don't deserve the second chance.