• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Katniss

• E.V.I.L.

• Cha

• Space Cowboy

13 hours ago, E.V.I.L. said:

Omg did I tell you about how I was driving and I heard Graveyard on the radio and almost lost it because it reminded me of 2019? :bruh:

omg I’m sorry ?

On 7/11/2020 at 2:15 PM, E.V.I.L. said:

Why do we have such similar tv tastes? :Laugh:

Your avatar finna be me at the next person I see at the store wearing their mask below their nose like I am

OH MY GOD RIGHT?!?!?! It baffles me guys....why is it such a problem to wear a mask to protect yourself and others....LIKE...HUH????

1 hour ago, Sauce Mama said:

OH MY GOD RIGHT?!?!?! It baffles me guys....why is it such a problem to wear a mask to protect yourself and others....LIKE...HUH????

My mom went to the grocery store and one of our neighbors (who’s a white republican woman ?) wasn’t wearing a mask. Like why are some people still so ignorant???

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sauce Mama said:

It's so annoying like lord knows this year has absolutely shattered my mental health and will to live but my response to that isn't to make things worse for people??????

Kat: Omg I am about to give you a rundown on the med school application process :Laugh:

So first you have to turn in the primary application, which is the personal statement, committee letter (or individual letters of recommendation), activites (and their descriptions), and coursework and all biographical info yada yada. Because 2020 is 2020 though, I took forever to submit my primary and now my committee letter wont make it till later (will explain why this is important)

Once you turn int he primary, it has to get processed and then the info has to be sent to the individual med schools that you apply to. The individual med schools then send you secondaries by screening your GPA and MCAT, or individual school-specific questions and essays. Generally schools will send you the secondary because they want the $$$$ hahahaha LOL. You want to get those in as soon as you can because med school admissions are rolling (meaning the earlier the better)

THEN there's the CASPer that some schools use which is this weird personality test thing and no oneknows how it's used because we never actually get our scores for CASPer back so lol

Starting this year ( ? ), there is now this thing called VITA which is a "unidirectional interview process" in which the program gives you questions and you have a minute to record and respond your answer to the question (and  you get limited time to ponder the question and must answer the question right there).

NOW individual schools look at ur CASPer, VITA, primary, and secondaries, as well as all your letters (so fuck me because my HCEC committee letter is probably gonan come mad late because of how long its gonna take for schools to receive my letter) and then they decide if they want to invite you for an interview

THEN if after the interview if they decide they like you congratulations you are accepted!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sauce Mama said:

^THIS DOESN'T SURPRISE ME?

people here are so annoying lmfao they act like having to wear a mask infringes on their freedom

52 minutes ago, E.V.I.L. said:

It's so annoying like lord knows this year has absolutely shattered my mental health and will to live but my response to that isn't to make things worse for people??????

Kat: Omg I am about to give you a rundown on the med school application process :Laugh:

So first you have to turn in the primary application, which is the personal statement, committee letter (or individual letters of recommendation), activites (and their descriptions), and coursework and all biographical info yada yada. Because 2020 is 2020 though, I took forever to submit my primary and now my committee letter wont make it till later (will explain why this is important)

Once you turn int he primary, it has to get processed and then the info has to be sent to the individual med schools that you apply to. The individual med schools then send you secondaries by screening your GPA and MCAT, or individual school-specific questions and essays. Generally schools will send you the secondary because they want the $$$$ hahahaha LOL. You want to get those in as soon as you can because med school admissions are rolling (meaning the earlier the better)

THEN there's the CASPer that some schools use which is this weird personality test thing and no oneknows how it's used because we never actually get our scores for CASPer back so lol

Starting this year ( ? ), there is now this thing called VITA which is a "unidirectional interview process" in which the program gives you questions and you have a minute to record and respond your answer to the question (and  you get limited time to ponder the question and must answer the question right there).

NOW individual schools look at ur CASPer, VITA, primary, and secondaries, as well as all your letters (so fuck me because my HCEC committee letter is probably gonan come mad late because of how long its gonna take for schools to receive my letter) and then they decide if they want to invite you for an interview

THEN if after the interview if they decide they like you congratulations you are accepted!

Whew ?

thanks for the thorough rundown :Laugh: