• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Katniss

• E.V.I.L.

• Cha

• Space Cowboy

On 10/6/2020 at 12:28 PM, E.V.I.L. said:

When someone tells me how to do ap roblem during office hours but then I go back to teh problem on my own and forget how to do it? :Laugh:

Oh dear :Laugh: that’s definitely happened to me before lol

4 hours ago, E.V.I.L. said:

When you try to use what you pearned in therapy to solve your texting anxiety and it does not work as well as you want it to? :Laugh:

Aw :( well you tried! It takes practice I’m sure 

OK, need some advice for writing: how do you make a character in the mid-late 1800s progressive (maybe even radical) for the time?

context: attempting to write a historical novel series about an antiheroic-in the absolutely loosest sense of "antiheroic"- soldier (former plantation aristocrat) as he (rather unwillingly) gets dragged into the civil war and later on a lot of the major events of the mid-to-late to early 20th century

like...i want him to come across as progressive compared to...pretty much everyone else of his background, but still come across (from our modern eyes) as still racist, even if not overtly so? My closest (for lack of a better term, I'm sorry but this really is the closest comparison I can think of) comparison is Robert E. Lee, who had some very contradictory (more like hypocritical, tbh) views on slavery and black people?

9 hours ago, kev said:

what’s not to trust? ?

It’s Renner, dude ? idk maybe I’d have to see a portfolio of his past work ?

6 hours ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

OK, need some advice for writing: how do you make a character in the mid-late 1800s progressive (maybe even radical) for the time?

context: attempting to write a historical novel series about an antiheroic-in the absolutely loosest sense of "antiheroic"- soldier (former plantation aristocrat) as he (rather unwillingly) gets dragged into the civil war and later on a lot of the major events of the mid-to-late to early 20th century

like...i want him to come across as progressive compared to...pretty much everyone else of his background, but still come across (from our modern eyes) as still racist, even if not overtly so? My closest (for lack of a better term, I'm sorry but this really is the closest comparison I can think of) comparison is Robert E. Lee, who had some very contradictory (more like hypocritical, tbh) views on slavery and black people?

honestly I dunno, maybe there’s some resources online that would be more helpful 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, kev said:

can u name an album that has more skips than bops? :funny:

damn that’s a good question :Laugh: nothing is coming to mind at the moment lmao

Edited by Katniss

3 hours ago, E.V.I.L. said:

Tompkins County and Cornell with their controlled, low COVID rates and the twice-a-week testing for ALL undergrads noticing the gradual spike in the rest of the country:

Ralph In Danger - Meme Template and Creator

Oh damn, stay safe out there!