• Advertisement

The Writer's Lounge

Ron

Here's another idea I have on my mind that was inspired mostly by Thundarr, Avatar: TLA, Soul Calibur, Kingdom Hearts and all that geek stuff. Mostly fantasy/sci-fi/action-oriented. Throwing it out there.

Title: "Spongaea"

Plot: Plankton's plot to destroy the Moon actually succeeds, creating a chain reaction that ultimately causes the Earth to fall into ruin. Millenniums later, evolution has taken its effect on those who survived the catastrophe as this new Earth has taken on an old form, becoming a new supercontinent known as Pangaea Ultima. The new Earth is not much different from the old; war continues to ravage both land and sea and the inhabitants that are left continue to be divided as new kingdoms rise from the ashes of the old. The pieces of the Moon that found their way crashing to Earth has reintroduced magic into the world and the technological advancements of yesteryear prove to still take some precedence in the new age.

Our protagonist is Anteo, a sea sponge who resides atop the island once known as Bikini Atoll. He has been living as a recluse all his life until one night where he comes across a starfish and squid, who have been on the hunt for a moonstone that had landed on the island years ago, hoping to harness its power in order to liberate their hometown of Bikini Bottom from the dreaded Lava Lizards. Anteo is the first to find the stone and forges it into a weapon once held by his ancestor, the spatula. The Lava Lizards, who came looking for the stone as well, sets the island ablaze in an effort to retrieve the weapon but the trio manages to escape, leaving Anteo without a home and motivating him to use the power he now possesses to fight back any destructive forces in order to usher in a better world for the new era.

• Like 2

Here's what I have set up for my next Blue's Clues-related lit. And to think, all this resulted from Wumbo's Q&A thread :P Enjoy!

Plot: After the death of her brother and partner, Sprinkles, Blue, a gumshoe private eye of the Blue's Clues Detective Agency, finds herself a new partner in rookie Steve, a quick-thinking, problem solving recent college graduate with an artistic talent. Together, they tackle the seedy underworld of their whimsical surroundings by solving cases and fighting crime by using their minds and taking each case one step at a time.

And, where's a special preview:

We see a shot of Blue in her Room, looking out her window, the blinds half-opened, the ceiling fan circulating ever so slowly, and her blue doggie bowl of water to the side. She took a lick out of her bowl before staring out at the city skylines, some of the buildings smiling back at her since everything seems to alive in this world. It was a very saturated night. Rain drops trickle down the window pane. Blue's doggie instincts compelled her to go outside and play in the rain and mud, but this wasn't the time nor the place.

"This is a ruff business I'm dealing in, no pun intended.

We see a shot of Detective Steve interrogating Mrs. Pepper with his handy dandy notebook in hand as Detective Blue stands idly by.

Steve: Why don't I believe you, Mrs. Pepper? Your husband's corpse was found in the back of a motor vehicle and you don't seem to have a care in the world.

Mrs. Pepper: Our marriage has been...difficult, very difficult. I could care less what's become of the man, but despite the circumstances, I would never go so far as to murder him!

"I've seen many friends fall prey to the jaws of vice. I already had to bury a partner and brother, Sprinkles, sweet thing."

We see a shot Blue and Steve investigating a playground.

Steve: There must be a clue around here somewhere, at least something that will be of some use to our investigation.

Blue is seen sniffing around the sandbox before a digging a hole in it. She stops as if she found something.

Blue: Bow bow bow wow bow wow!

Steve: You see a clue?

Steve approaches the hole she dug and quickly looks away in disgust.

Steve: Oh, dear heaven above!

"This line of work, you can never quite see anything coming. You find the clues and you can only speculate what they will lead to."

We see Blue and Steve investigating a house. Blue seems as if she found something of interest.

Blue: Bow bow bow!

Steve: You see a clue? Where?

Blue: Bow. *points at clearly visible foot prints*

Steve: There? *points at the pink snail that appears in every episode of Blue's Clues*

Blue: Bow wow! *jumps and slaps a paw print on the footprints in order to point it out to Steve*

Steve: Oh, footprints! I should jot that down into my handy dandy Notebook! *takes out notebook and proceeds to doodle the footprints along with some extra notes such as the size of the shoe*

"That was always my problem. I'd find the clues and lay them out without putting in the proper thinking to piece them together."

We see Blue and Steve tied up back to back in a dimly lit room as two Felt Friend-looking mobsters approach them from the shadows, bearing brass knuckles on their felt hands.

Steve: Wow, you know what? You must think you're really smart.

Blue: Bow bow bow.

Felt Goon 1: Not as smart as you two must be thinking yourselves of being right now!

Felt Goon 2: You two gumshoes dug too deep into uncharted territory. Now, we're gonna stomp you out like the chewed up pieces of gum you both really are.

Steve: Take a step at a time.

Felt Goon 1: Giovanni Feltelli sends his regards. *punches Steve in the face with knucks*

"This new kid is a quick thinker, an immature idiot, but he seems to have a good eye to be a private eye."

Blue's Room door open and a shadowy figure steps inside. He stepped into the light that emanated from Blue's lamp. He had on a brown suit and fedora. The fabric lining of his hat had green stripes, as well as the tie around his neck. Who dressed him, his mom?

Steve: Hi in there, it's me, Steve! Are you Blue, the P.I.?

"Hi you."

Black & Blue

Coming soon...

• Like 3

I have an idea for a Spin-Off. This one is called "New Kelp, New Kelp". The story would have three different stories. The one's I'm thinking of are:

1. Squilvia moves to New Kelp City after getting a job as journalist (And after she dumps Squidward)
  2. Two workers at "Goofy Goober NKC" who want to get better jobs
  3. The Bubble Poppin' Boys return to New Kelp City, only this time, they want to destroy New Kelp City.

What do you guys think? If I make this, it'd release on ff.net, so it wouldn't be script style.

Hey guys, I have an idea for a short spin-off, that since it's short I will finish! King Neptune and the royal family are practicing using their powers. But out of an accident everyone in Bikini Bottom switches bodies. Now the usual SpongeBob gang need to live life as their close friends/ enemies. I'm going to mainly concentrate on the switch of Mr. Krabs and Plankton and maybe some SpongeBob and Squidward.

• Like 1

Hey guys, I have an idea for a short spin-off, that since it's short I will finish! King Neptune and the royal family are practicing using their powers. But out of an accident everyone in Bikini Bottom switches bodies. Now the usual SpongeBob gang need to live life as their close friends/ enemies. I'm going to mainly concentrate on the switch of Mr. Krabs and Plankton and maybe some SpongeBob and Squidward.

An added part. The royal family doesn't know how to switch things back to normal! More suspense.

An added part. The royal family doesn't know how to switch things back to normal! More suspense.

Great idea! If you have any more, since I'm in the planning stage I'm open for ideas. That's why I posted this here.

Considering the "New Kelp, New Kelp" idea more, but I'm thinking of doing it a different perspective. Kind of like this book I read called "Party" by Tom Leveen (Sofia's probably the only other person here who knows about it because I lent her the book) where each chapter is someone else, I'm thinking that for the story two. However, I probably won't work on it until I figure out when I have free time for SlumsBU.

A flower that survived getting stepped on by SB, eaten by Mystery is looking for it's third victim. It brainwashed SB and Mystery. You'll never now who is next in the third chapter of the mischevious flower! (I'm going to have it in one spinoff now)So any ideas to improve it?

So, throwing around another spin-off idea here.

Working Title: Krusty Kombat

Working Plot: Some of Bikini Bottom's top fighters gather to take part in an elite fighting tournament, where the last fish swimming will take on the final boss on Karate Island in this send-up of fighting games.

So basically each chapter will follow each fighter's story as they fight their way up the ranks to gain entry into Karate Island, like a story mode in a fighting game.

Character Roster (so far):

SpongeBob

Patrick

Squidward

Mr. Krabs

Plankton

Sandy

Mrs. Puff

Larry

Bubble Bass

Udon (final boss)

And that's all I have so far. If I do go through with this, Imma keep the roster small.

So I have had some thought on many different and unique types of literatures, but none of really come to mind, more than these two:

1. An Oswald/SBC type Story
  2. The Adventures of Brag Maddix

More details coming soon