• Advertisement

The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie 3: Sponge on the Run News

Ash Ketchum

This sounds better than dumb retcons, but I am still skeptical about this.

the most hilarious thing that i was kind right about nick's awful marketing, instead of revealing, you know, the IMPORTANT part of the movie, they revealed details of opening scene.

nick, hire actual competent people that can promote shit.

or in that case, hire at least someone competent.

Edited by Klu
  • Funny 1

I have a feeling this movie will go down a route where Gary is the one who somehow brings SpongeBob and the gang (or just him and Patrick) together at summer camp, and since Poseidon kidnapped them they reminisce about how they all met.

It would also show what the world would be like if Gary didn't exist as a homage to It's a Wonderful Life with SpongeBob never meeting the rest of the crew, which is all bringing together a m a g i c a l m o m e n t t h a t b r i n g s m e a n i n g t o t h e p o w e r o f t r u e f r i e n d s h i p

Edited by ExtraAbsorbent
  • Wow 3
  • God Himself 1

as much as movie seems so far iffy, i am glad that at least gary and spongebob's relationship focus was retained from previous version of third movie, since it seemed like the best part of it anyway

• Like 2

Oh no, you're all mistaken, they didn't mean they're gonna do a parody of "It's A Wonderful Life", they ACTUALLY mean "It's A Wonderful Life With Maggot", as Poseidon takes Gary away with him, like Maggot does with Jacob and Maurizio.

This movie is gonna be a tie in to prepare for Squnschpunsch oH BOY!!!

Edited by President Squidward
  • Happy 1
  • Funny 1

On 4/4/2019 at 6:24 PM, Old Man Jenkins said:

Maybe they'll use similar connotations (like how Shell City was just some souvenir shop) with Poseidon since there's like an actual Poseidon restaurant in Atlantic City and maybe they serve snail idk. It's hard for me to imagine that they'll actually introduce Poseidon as his own character separate from Neptune and that he has some reason to personally kidnap Gary, and then what, take him for a weekend of gambling in Atlantic City of all places? There's gotta be a catch or somethin

I swear to god if they actually do this catch as a reference to the first movie I will do the wallaby 

Okay, unpopular opinion time, but let me just point something out. Classic cartoon shorts made by Disney, Warner Bros., MGM, Hanna-Barbera, EVEN "Ren & Stimpy", constantly BROKE their own normal rules of continuity all the time; Nobody bats an eye! :rolleyes: "Spongebob Squarepants" hasn't even been CONFIRMED to break his normal rules of his continuity in ONE movie, and EVERYONE loses their MIND!!!! o.o If you KNOW who I'm paraphrasing without having to research any Internet memes, YOU deserve some imaginary brownie points, as well as an imaginary COOKIE!!!! :D Enough said! ;)

10 hours ago, 4EverGreen said:

Okay, unpopular opinion time, but let me just point something out. Classic cartoon shorts made by Disney, Warner Bros., MGM, Hanna-Barbera, EVEN "Ren & Stimpy", constantly BROKE their own normal rules of continuity all the time; Nobody bats an eye! :rolleyes: "Spongebob Squarepants" hasn't even been CONFIRMED to break his normal rules of his continuity in ONE movie, and EVERYONE loses their MIND!!!! o.o If you KNOW who I'm paraphrasing without having to research any Internet memes, YOU deserve some imaginary brownie points, as well as an imaginary COOKIE!!!! :D Enough said! ;)

Problem with this is that unlike Looney Tunes or Ren and Stimpy, SpongeBob has consistent world, characters and their backstories (mostly). Characters can't be suddenly in different roles or settings each episode, or having different personalities, show has some sort of rules that despite many episode, were never broken besides some exception which were universally hated by everyone (Larry not knowing SpongeBob in "Pet or Pests" or "Sandy Squirrel" in "SpongeBob's Last Stand".

It seems like this movie won't retcon anything basing on latest info, but if it will, this is just plain disrespectful to Stephen's original creation in more ways than one. 

New information regarding guest stars here:

https://nickalive.blogspot.com/2019/06/awkwafina-reggie-watts-and-cyndi-lauper.html

Paramount Animation and Nickelodeon Movies' upcoming The SpongeBob Movie: It's a Wonderful Spongehas added actor Awkwafina (Untitled Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle Sequel) and comedian and musician Reggie Watts to its voice cast, with Cyndi Lauper (and her co-writer Rob Hyman) working on original songs for the film, The Hollywood Reporter has revealed! Kelly Marie Tran will also feature in a currently undisclosed role.

In The SpongeBob Movie: It's a Wonderful Sponge, the third theatrical movie inspired by Nickelodeon's beloved animated series, SpongeBob and Patrick go on a rescue mission to save Gary, who’s been kidnapped by Poseidon and taken to the Lost City of Atlantic City. The movie will reveal the first time our beloved characters (as kids) met at Camp…a magical moment that brings meaning to the power of true friendship. The movie will also serve as an origin story for SpongeBob SquarePants.

"For the first time ever, we're going to get to the origin of how little SpongeBob met the rest of the Bikini Bottom gang at summer camp," Paramount Animation president Mireille Soria said at the VIEW Conference, comparing the film in some ways to It's a Wonderful Life. "The film's opening will take place at Camp Coral when all of our favorite characters meet for the first time."

Described as a “love letter to SpongeBob’s beloved creator Stephen Hillenburg (who died last November), the fans, and the residents of Bikini Bottom,” the project is being directed by Tim Hill and produced by Ryan Harris, with a screenplay by Jonathan Aibel, Glenn Berger, and Michael Kvamme and choreography by Mia Michaels. The film stars Tom Kenny (SpongeBob), Clancy Brown (Mr. Krabs), Bill Fagerbakke (Patrick), Roger Bumpass (Squidward), Jill Talley (Karen), Mr. Lawrence (Plankton), Carolyn Lawrence (Sandy) and Mary Jo Catlett (Mrs. Puff), and will also feature an original song by Ali Dee.

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Thanks 1

Better change the title of this topic then!

The plot with Gary is pretty interesting, with that it kinda makes sense to change the name. I just wonder how the whole "Kamp Koral" fits into this. The animation on the poster looks nice, but I'm still for the animation from the first two movies cuz of how nice it looks. I don't understand the change since it's not the animation style of the series itself. That'd be like the next Simpsons Movie going to CG.

On 11/12/2019 at 3:05 PM, BeachBob95 said:

The title of this movie has been changed to 'Sponge on the Run'. 

Source: http://nickalive.blogspot.com/2019/11/first-look-at-new-poster-for-spongebob.html

At least the poster looks good, so I have decent expectations for this upcoming movie. Really, REALLY hope they include Paul McCartney's "Band On the Run" in this movie; just THINK of the publicity! I mean, if "Bojack Horseman" can get Sir Paul McCartney to do a cameo, why not "Spongebob Squarepants"?! I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Enough said, true believers!

• Like 1