• Advertisement

The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie 3: Sponge on the Run News

Ash Ketchum

1 hour ago, jjsthekid said:

The movie has been delayed again, this time to August 7th.

HeY iT's StIlL a SuMmEr ReLeAsE, riGhT GaRy???

Already said this on Discord, but I prefer that Nickelodeon/Paramount/whoever is in-charge of the film's release didn't have to make any promises and announced a new release date when the time feels right. At the rate we're currently in with the coronavirus outbreak, I wouldn't be surprised if they announced more new release dates, and like I just said, they're better off not doing that and I don't see why they're not considering releasing the film digitally or just leaving its release unconfirmed until the smoke starts clearing out.

Bad news: the third SB movie has been pushed back.

Good news: the movie was likely to be mediocre regardless.

Bad news: at this point, we have no way of knowing that for sure.

Good news: Nickelodeon's desire to milk this franchise makes it certain that, at some point, they will release it.

Bad news... nope, that's the end of it.

The movie has been pushed back again and is not coming out this year anymore. Instead, it will release VOD in early 2021:

https://www.thewrap.com/the-spongebob-movie-sponge-on-the-run-skips-theaters-and-will-debut-on-vod-in-2021/ 

“The Spongebob Movie: Sponge on the Run” from Paramount and Nickelodeon Movies is skipping theaters and will debut on premium VOD, followed by a debut exclusively on Viacom’s CBS All Access, ViacomCBS announced Monday.

The movie was meant to open in theaters on Aug. 7 after being pushed back from a May 22 theatrical release date, but it will now debut on VOD and on the streaming service in early 2021.

The move is part of CBS All Access’ rebranding into an expanded streaming service that should allow ViacomCBS to compete with Disney+, HBO Max, Peacock and other streaming services, and the the new platform will also launch with all seasons of the Nickelodeon kids series “Spongebob Squarepants.”

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Rudy said:

What about the Netflix release?

It's already available there worldwide. In the States, currently, the film is to be exclusively available on the Paramount+ platform.

Edited by Steel Sponge