• Advertisement

The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie 3: Sponge on the Run News

Ash Ketchum

1 hour ago, Goobz said:

Err, I think you might be looking into it too much. These things are unlikely to happen in reporting news about movies, I think it is more likely Nickelodeon's marketing and public relations skills are just shit.

It's not likely, it's factual.

WILL PLANKTON STEAL THE FORMULA IN TOTALLY UNRELATED EPISODE?

or WILL WE WATCH CGI SUPERHERO ACTION IN SECOND SPONGEBOB MOVIE WHICH IS 80% HAND-DRAWN ANIMATION?

• Like 3

On 1/24/2019 at 4:37 PM, NegiSpongie said:

Now that I think about it, maybe the whole meeting his friends at a summer camp has SpongeBob traveling to an alternate universe. The title is a parody of It's a Wonderful Life, so there has to be more to it.

I dunno, I feel cynical about this entire movie in general. 

Aaron Springer is working on the story though, so maybe there's hope. 

3 minutes ago, Steel Sponge said:

Are we seriously considering protesting against a movie with little known information over something so trivial as a typo?

no, we're boycotting it because of the fact that it's going to retcon so much of the show if not the entire series. You've seen everyone else's comments since October.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Trainman2002 said:

>Sandy Squirrel

kill me now.

I know there are other reasons people are going against the film, but this exact comment above was what I was exactly referring to when I said it was starting to feel like we're protesting against IAWS even including over a small misnaming from a internet news article, as if it meant that a part of Sandy's name was going to be retconned as well. That in which I don't think is probable.

On 2/11/2019 at 12:22 AM, Steel Sponge said:

I know there are other reasons people are going against the film, but this exact comment above was what I was exactly referring to when I said it was starting to feel like we're protesting against IAWS even including over a small misnaming from a internet news article, as if it meant that a part of Sandy's name was going to be retconned as well. That in which I don't think is probable.

Look I get what you mean, articles can be misleading and they don't have all the information but we are basically judging what the information we have been given. If this was an actual good news, we would be excited over it and barely anyone would side against it, right? But it's really hard to maintain that excitement and we are just worried the movie is most likely gonna ruin what the show built on the first place. I'm very against about this creation in the first place since it's a cash grab but AN ORIGIN?

Maybe this will be another surprise. Maybe this will actually work and not be a recton. Maybe we were worried for nothing. I know I was worried for Sponge Out of Water but I ended up enjoying more than I anticipated. But this tells us the origin of HOW SPONGEBOB MET HIS FRIENDS. Except we already know how he met Squidward, Sandy, Plankton etc. And iirc Secret Box explained SpongeBob and Patrick were friends since babies (albeit that could be a mislead for a joke). So yes, we are skeptical over it and we have the right to say whatever we dislike about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

New plot details revealed:

"SpongeBob and Patrick go on a rescue mission to save Gary, who’s been kidnapped by Poseidon and taken to the Lost City of Atlantic City. The movie will reveal the first time our beloved characters (as kids) met at Camp…a magical moment that brings meaning to the power of true friendship."

Source: http://nickalive.blogspot.com/2019/04/paramount-unveils-new-details-about.html

• Like 2

The plot about rescuing Gary sounds really interesting. Regarding the Summer Camp thing, it would be interesting as well to see how SpongeBob and Patrick met since it's never been explained other than them being best friends childhood. I hope it doesn't retcon them meeting the other characters like Sandy and Squidward. But regardless, I'll still see it.

• Like 1

Okay, so now I'm feeling skeptical about this. I'm still not so phased by the whole origin story deal, but the rest of the plot outline, for how it's being presented, feels too basic and contrived for my liking. Right now, I could only wonder how Poseidon, Greek god of the sea (also, aren't he and Neptune basically the same person when it comes to mythology in general?), could serve as an antagonist and what tf he wants with a snail, and what this all still has to do with "A Wonderful Life," which the film is supposedly based on, but as I've said multiple times in this thread, I can't and won't pre-judge the film. So, I'll wait for more details or a trailer to come out later to answer these questions that I have.

Edited by Steel Sponge
  • Like 3

The plot...intrigues me, but only because it's a bit confusing and I'm trying to piece together just how these two pieces of detail are going to be juxtaposed in the final product. I did notice the article makes a point on how the film's opening will be at the camp, but...then how does the Gary plot work itself into this?

Either way though, the whole "rescue mission" schtick feels a bit overplayed at this point for the SpongeBob movies. First, it was Neptune's Crown in Shell City, then it was the secret formula in Burgerbeard's clutches, and now Gary in Atlantic City. Not that this means the movie's going to be bad as a result, and I suppose the origin story offers something different to the table in comparison, but still.

I'm still really looking forward to the CGI characters once previews of them finally surface. I'm immensely curious as to how they'll turn out.

• Like 2

Maybe they'll use similar connotations (like how Shell City was just some souvenir shop) with Poseidon since there's like an actual Poseidon restaurant in Atlantic City and maybe they serve snail idk. It's hard for me to imagine that they'll actually introduce Poseidon as his own character separate from Neptune and that he has some reason to personally kidnap Gary, and then what, take him for a weekend of gambling in Atlantic City of all places? There's gotta be a catch or somethin

• Like 2

Actually, this DOES have some basis in the show. In what USED to be a throw-away argument in the episode segment, "Spongehenge", a couple were having an argument about whether Neptune, or Poseidon, ruled the seas. So perhaps this movie will make it clear that Neptune and Poseidon, are separate beings in the "Spongebob Squarepants" continuity. It's going to be interesting to see this movie be completely done in C.G.I., but it will probably turn out really well! :D We'll just have to wait and see! :cool: Enough said, true believers! ;)

• God Himself 1