• Advertisement

The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie 3: Sponge on the Run News

Ash Ketchum

I was just thinking, since Stephan Hillenburg has been diagnosed with ALS, maybe the third movie should wrap up the entire "Spongebob Squarepants" franchise. It feels like the right thing to do, in order to make sure Stephan has said everything he has wanted to say with "Spongebob Squarepants."

• Like 1

On 3/30/2017 at 0:11 AM, 4EverGreen said:

I was just thinking, since Stephan Hillenburg has been diagnosed with ALS, maybe the third movie should wrap up the entire "Spongebob Squarepants" franchise. It feels like the right thing to do, in order to make sure Stephan has said everything he has wanted to say with "Spongebob Squarepants."

That would be the right thing to do, but Nickelodeon prizes it too much as their cash-cow, so I dunno, but I get what you're saying.  If it were to wrap up the franchise though, it should take place after the original movie, so it can have some proper character development (Like Spongebob and Squidward developing a actual friendship) and other plot elements wrapped up.

• Like 2

I was just pulling some legs with my last post, like how Claps was joking with his post. So many other works of television and film have done a spin on the "It's a Wonderful Life" plot before. And I think it's to the point that calling it a rip-off would be a bit of a stretch. I don't even know if the pun in the official title alone would mean that SpongeBob would tackle this type of plot, but if it ever does, I'd like to see whatever direction that SB would take with it.

Edited by Steel Sponge

15 minutes ago, SOF said:

I'm not even sure why's 3rd movie is necessary?

Because my dear SOF, they've got to have...

image.thumb.jpeg.5f24b1b8c7828a13295c21bd2b3dc5c4.jpeg

...box office revenue for Nickelodeon as an additional sales figure from the SpongeBob SquarePants franchise.

46 minutes ago, CDCB said:

I'm not really excited at the idea of the movie being in all CGI, since I liked that the first two movies had 2D parts, so not having those kind of takes the charm out of this a bit, imo. The prospect of this being an origin story has potential, but the only person he can really meet in any sensible way is Patrick, because having SpongeBob meet Squidward, Mr. Krabs and Sandy at this summer camp would retcon the beginning of the series, which I would dislike personally. Hopefully there's a lot more to the movie than just this summer camp. I'll keep an open mind, but my expectations aren't there right now.