• Advertisement

The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie 3: Sponge on the Run News

Ash Ketchum

You know, if they're really doing a third movie, I kind of wish it would just be 100% "underwater" with 2-D animation (which most likely isn't going to happen) since even the first movie had live-action elements. It'd be nice for something a little different for once.

Oh well, I guess we'll see what happens.

On 11/24/2015 at 5:03 PM, SBManiac said:

You know, if they're really doing a third movie, I kind of wish it would just be 100% "underwater" with 2-D animation (which most likely isn't going to happen) since even the first movie had live-action elements. It'd be nice for something a little different for once.

Oh well, I guess we'll see what happens.

I don't mind CGI as long as the film is mostly 2D, but I also wish the characters would stay underwater this time.

^ I agree, I've always wanted a Spongebob movie where they actually stay under water. Judging how some parts will be CGI I doubt it will happen. Which is totally fine with me too don't get me wrong, cuz I like CGI, I'm just saying.

I'm gonna assume they're just boarding a pitch to Paramount since Vince says they're not even greenlit yet. Plus it doesn't come out for 3 years anyways.

But I really DO love that guy's artwork. Really loose and expressive. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Finn Looking at his Wikipedia page. He is a very experienced and well-rounded guy. He's worked on a lot of great stuff.

Edited by Teamwork

On 1/5/2016 at 10:53 AM, Lord Dominator said:

I don't mind CGI as long as the film is mostly 2D, but I also wish the characters would stay underwater this time.

I have nothing against CGI, I just think it's been used enough when it comes to SpongeBob movies. :rolleyes:

On 11/10/2015 at 5:07 PM, SpongeOddFan said:

Let the 2nd Pre Movie era begins...

Just call it The New Era instead

• Like 1

Not sure if anyone knows this yet, but I have heard from a VERY reliable source, that John Kricfalusi and Bob Camp (the two main guys behind "Ren and Stimpy") are working hard to create a brand NEW theatrical "Ren and Stimpy" short to premiere BEFORE the third "Spongebob Squarepants" movie, so if THAT'S not a reason to get excited about this movie, than I don't know WHAT is! :D