• Advertisement

The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie 3: Sponge on the Run News

Joe Biden

what is wrong with you o_0

I'm just SAYING what everyone's thinking! :funny: If you're GOING to make a THIRD movie, you might as well go ALL the way with it! :D That's why movies that COME in trilogies so often have the THIRD movie be the BIGGEST! :o It's the closing chapter, so all the remaining plot details get wrapped up, the characters reach their ultimate level of character development, the greatest struggle the characters ever GO through takes place, and we get a sense of "Closure" to the entire trilogy! :yes: Besides, its not Stephen Hillenburg is going to PULL a George Lucas on us and release a GOD-Awful Prequel Trilogy 16 years after the third movie! :ph34r: (Because if THAT ever happened, I hope that heaven sends a lightning bolt DOWN to Earth and STRIKES Justin Bieber DEAD if he isn't dead by that point already!) :rolleyes: That's all I've got to say about that! :P

I have a theory. I am thinking that this third movie that Viacom talked about is not their third theatrical movie, but their third TV movie. The first TV movie was Atlantis SquarePantis as the 100th Episode Special. The second TV movie was Truth or Square for the 10th anniversary of the series. It is unlikely that 20 episodes will be released this summer, it is possible that we will be getting 20 episodes before this third movie. If those 20 episodes are 11-minute episodes, then the total number of episodes will be up to 199, leaving this movie to be the 200th Episode Special. That's why I think this '3rd movie' is a TV movie.

• Like 4

I have a theory. I am thinking that this third movie that Viacom talked about is not their third theatrical movie, but their third TV movie. The first TV movie was Atlantis SquarePantis as the 100th Episode Special. The second TV movie was Truth or Square for the 10th anniversary of the series. It is unlikely that 20 episodes will be released this summer, it is possible that we will be getting 20 episodes before this third movie. If those 20 episodes are 11-minute episodes, then the total number of episodes will be up to 199, leaving this movie to be the 200th Episode Special. That's why I think this '3rd movie' is a TV movie.

Not a bad theory, but we'll see.

so does it means the series are going yet another year long hitatus in 2016 (or 2017) again?

Well, pre-production means it probably won't start for a while now, so I wouldn't worry about another hiatus yet. Also, based on an earlier tweet of Vincent's, the SpongeBob crew might not even be involved with this film, so that could give them more time to work on the show.

Glad Paul's getting some more film credits but what in the actual heck is this gonna be about lol

like what plot warrants another movie the plot was getting thin with the second and that was in development for like 5 years

• Like 1

Who wants to bet the plot of this movie will be about them going on land again to stop an evil pirate or something? I mean, it's confirmed that the movie's gonna have some CGI in it....

I don't get why they can't make the movie 100% 2d. I bet SOOW would've at least made as much if not more than the first movie off of brand name alone

What can you do to top going out of water twice, King Neptune frying Krabs, David Hasselhoff with his robotic pecs, CGI superheroes and Bubbles the Talking Dolphin who watches over space? 

"Eh, I don't wanna know."

oABaVjN.png

• Like 1

Dennis better be in it. :stinkeye: 

On a serious note, I... don't really know how to feel about a third movie. I love SpongeBob, so of course, the more the merrier (whether it be episodes, specials, or in this case, movies), but what could they possibly do with it? SOoW proved to be lackluster in regards to the plot, and while it was pretty to look at, it was just... eh. A third movie seems a bit risky to me, although I could see it working out if it were to serve as an end to the series, much like what Stephen had intended with TSBSPM. Only time will tell, I suppose.

Either way, I'll definitely be keeping a sharp eye out for any updates on this production. ;) 

An official release date has been confirmed (via The Wrap):

"On February 8, 2019, the studio will release “Spongebob Squarepants 3”. From Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon Movies, and the team that brought us the hit film “Spongebob Squarepants: Sponge out of Water,” the follow-up film will again be directed by Paul Tibbitt and will feature the voices of Tom Kenny, Clancy Brown,Rodger Bumpass, Bill Fagerbakke, Carolyn Lawrence, and Mr. Lawrence."

Good to know! ;)