• Advertisement

The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie 3: Sponge on the Run News

Ash Ketchum

XLHbxw0.png

Well, we all saw this coming, didn't we? Seeing how popular Sponge Out of Water was, it was evident that another movie would happen. I hope it turns out good and not just a cash-in on Sponge Out of Water. I don't want to remain too optimistic about this movie and have it end up disappointing for me. Unless the trailers make the movie interesting, I have no plans to watch this movie.

Do we really know for sure that it will be a full-length movie? Like 100%?

Some people said that it could just be an 11-minute thing before another movie.

Paramount Pictures is a movie company, so it seems very likely, and I wouldn't be surprised after how successful Sponge Out of Water was.

That being said, I'm not sure what else they could possibly do for a 3rd movie if it happens, but they'll probably think of something. A bit cautious on this right now, but we probably won't be hearing any news on it for a long time anyways.

• Like 1

Read the news this morning. Not too surprised since Sponge Out of Water nearly doubled the amount of money the first SpongeBob movie earned. I'll for sure be keeping an eye on any sort of developments with this project.

• Like 1

since Sponge Out of Water nearly doubled the amount of money the first SpongeBob movie earned

Unfortunately, there's almost a handful of reasons why this statement is unstabile:

1. The first movie was not in 3D.

2. The first movie aired 10 years ago and was not as expensive as the second one.

3. The first movie had a lower budget.

4. The first movie was shown in less cinemas.

So, the profit is about the same, if you ask me. But yeah, it was really successful nonetheless.

• Like 2

Unfortunately, there's almost a handful of reasons why this statement is unstabile:

1. The first movie was not in 3D.

2. The first movie aired 10 years ago and was not as expensive as the second one.

3. The first movie had a lower budget.

4. The first movie was shown in less cinemas.

So, the profit is about the same, if you ask me. But yeah, it was really successful nonetheless.

Well of course if you adjust it for inflation, then you have the argument that you are using, but sadly modern movie studios don't use that perspective when choosing what gets a sequel and what doesn't. But I absolutely understand where you are coming from. :P

I have mixed feelings here.

I'm happy and excited because.... It's another SpongeBob Movie!!!!!

I'm a little worried because.... I don't want another hiatus and I think they should focus on the episodes more for now

• Like 3

Saw this coming...but not this soon. With this news I fear that the third movie won't have any kind of real heart put into.

• Like 2

I'm not really happy about this. Yeah I'd love a new SpongeBob movie, but maybe in years from now as a finale or something, or when the time was right and the writers thought of another great story. It took ten years for SOOW to surface (ha) and it was good, but even in that movie you could tell how much Nickelodeon controlled it (i.e. fart jokes, butt jokes, etc.) I wonder if Steve and Paul even wanted to hand the writing over to Glenn and Jonathan, or if the network made them since they wrote recent popular kids movies. I am disgusted that Nickelodeon is using SpongeBob to get rich like they are. I'd much rather ten more years of well written episodes than one more movie right now.

• Like 4

I have mixed feelings here.

I'm happy and excited because.... It's another SpongeBob Movie!!!!!

I'm a little worried because.... I don't want another hiatus and I think they should focus on the episodes more for now

Same here.

Well, this is annoying. I wasn't too big of a fan of the second movie relative to the first but then in addition I just don't want another sequel. Stuff gets redundant man.

I'm not really happy about this. Yeah I'd love a new SpongeBob movie, but maybe in years from now as a finale or something, or when the time was right and the writers thought of another great story. It took ten years for SOOW to surface (ha) and it was good, but even in that movie you could tell how much Nickelodeon controlled it (i.e. fart jokes, butt jokes, etc.) I wonder if Steve and Paul even wanted to hand the writing over to Glenn and Jonathan, or if the network made them since they wrote recent popular kids movies. I am disgusted that Nickelodeon is using SpongeBob to get rich like they are. I'd much rather ten more years of well written episodes than one more movie right now.

I'm honestly sick of Nick milking the crap out of SpongeBob. It makes me mad how hard it is for Nick to just.. get another good show. Easier said than done but grr. :P

No...

It's way too early to have a third movie. The reason why SOOW worked was because they had a 10 year break for them to write new episodes and such, and learn from their mistakes, and get ideas. This movie sounds like just a quick cash-in for SOOW that's gonna bomb and suck so hard. I don't want this to happen, I have no high hopes.

The third movie HAS to end with Spongebob and Sandy getting married/having kids...minimum!!!! B)

what is wrong with you o_0