• Advertisement

DuckTales Reboot Coming to Disney XD in 2017

Joe Biden

6 hours ago, 4EverGreen said:

It's ALWAYS been like that! :rolleyes: He apparently speaks perfectly FINE in the comic book stories he is in, so why not in TV for once?! (Although in a "2013 Mickey Mouse" cartoon short; Donald Duck DID speak perfectly fine, but only ONCE his calm self was separated from his angry self, and only his calm self talked like that).

Are you sure about that because in every single disney thing donalds voice is easy to understand but in the first episode i saw i didnt understand most things he said

I've finally been keeping up with this series. So far, I'm loving it. I would only have so much more to say about it as soon as I write out my long overdue review for the Entertainment 2017 thread.

Also, the episode won't be out in the States until next week, but this is an interesting scene I thought I'd share that's from that episode:

Yep, that's Tara Strong and Andrea Libman as the kelpies.

Edited by Steel Sponge
  • Happy 1

I recently watched the episodes "The 87 Cent Solution", and "Friendship Hates Magic". Spoilers on the latter episode are marked as follows if you DARE read it!

HOLY C***!!!! Lena is BACK and in the flesh and feathers again! I wonder how the show will play out now? We'll just have to wait and see!

Enough said, true believers! ;)

Holy C***!!!! 

o.o It looks like Bubba and Tiny from the ORIGINAL "Ducktales" incarnation are back!!!! :cool: It looks like the gang is going to go into some sort of dreamland or something for at least one episode, and we've got pretty much ALL of Scrooge's antagonist's teaming up together! The rest of season 2 is shaping up to be PRETTY amazing!!!! :D

Enough said, true believers! 

;)
  • Happy 1
  • God Himself 1

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/ducktales-reboot-canceled-disney-xd-1234844628/

I've known this was coming for a while, but still hurts to hear now that it's officially out there. This was one of the only remaining cartoons I still liked. Hopefully they gave Frank and his team a proper heads up in advance to write a satisfying finale.

• Sad 2

Well, I am sad to see this series end, I'm definitely happy with how it ended, and as far as reboots go, I'd say this is a perfect example of how a reboot should be. While most reboots exist as a way to make money (I'm sure DuckTales was no exception), you can tell that the people making this loved and respected the original series and put their hearts into making sure that this series followed the same formula as the original while still having it be its own thing. Which is something a lot of reboots we've seen don't do.

Now I'll be going into spoiler territory here, so if you haven't seen the finale yet, don't read further...

Spoiler

The DuckTales finale was really great and had a lot of amazing moments and twists that I did not see coming. It also had a lot of great ways to tie up storylines and character arcs that were present all throughout the series.

It was a pretty clever way to introduce May and June in the series. While I do like them better in Legend of the Three Caballeros, they were pretty good here too. Them being Webby's clones created by FOWL rather than Daisy's nieces was an interesting twist. But what I really didn't expect was that Webby was a clone was well, but was also April. However, the real big twist came when we find out that Webby is actually a clone of Scrooge that FOWL created so that a direct descendant of Scrooge can achieve the treasure. While I at first questioned this since it flew in the face of the show's moral that family can be chosen and doesn't always have to be related by blood with Webby being a prime example of that throughout the series, and yet we find out that Webby is directly related to the Duck family after all. I realized that this can still apply here with Webby's relationship with her grandma, and now with May and June who get adopted by Donald and Daisy.

All in all, it was a great finale to an even greater series.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2021 at 4:45 PM, NegiSpongie said:

Well, I am sad to see this series end, I'm definitely happy with how it ended, and as far as reboots go, I'd say this is a perfect example of how a reboot should be. While most reboots exist as a way to make money (I'm sure DuckTales was no exception), you can tell that the people making this loved and respected the original series and put their hearts into making sure that this series followed the same formula as the original while still having it be its own thing. Which is something a lot of reboots we've seen don't do.

Now I'll be going into spoiler territory here, so if you haven't seen the finale yet, don't read further...

Hide contents

The DuckTales finale was really great and had a lot of amazing moments and twists that I did not see coming. It also had a lot of great ways to tie up storylines and character arcs that were present all throughout the series.

It was a pretty clever way to introduce May and June in the series. While I do like them better in Legend of the Three Caballeros, they were pretty good here too. Them being Webby's clones created by FOWL rather than Daisy's nieces was an interesting twist. But what I really didn't expect was that Webby was a clone was well, but was also April. However, the real big twist came when we find out that Webby is actually a clone of Scrooge that FOWL created so that a direct descendant of Scrooge can achieve the treasure. While I at first questioned this since it flew in the face of the show's moral that family can be chosen and doesn't always have to be related by blood with Webby being a prime example of that throughout the series, and yet we find out that Webby is directly related to the Duck family after all. I realized that this can still apply here with Webby's relationship with her grandma, and now with May and June who get adopted by Donald and Daisy.

All in all, it was a great finale to an even greater series.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Honestly, I agree with you on the finale was amazing, and i'm very glad how this turns out to be perfect ending to conclude the FOWL arc. Webyy revealed to be Scroigle's daughter makes me happy that we can now know she's related to Scrooge McDuck. Overall it was wlid ride watching the show which i can rewatch it on Disney+ once s3 is added next month.

let's hope Darkwing Duck reboot do well, fingers crossed.