• Advertisement

Invader Zim

CartoonCF

if you said you didn't like it then why are yoi posting it?

Cause I said that I didn't like it (which is just my opinion) and got like 5 replies back. I don't really see what the big deal with this show is. It only had 27 episodes and didn't even finish 2 seasons and people hail it as a classic.

Sorry for double posting but I decided to give this show another chance. I watched the episode "Bestest Friend" and I realized I was wrong about this show comletely, this show is funnier than I remembered, but I still can't say this show is one of my favorites cause it's too dark sometimes. 8.4/10

Sorry for double posting but I decided to give this show another chance. I watched the episode "Bestest Friend" and I realized I was wrong about this show comletely, this show is funnier than I remembered, but I still can't say this show is one of my favorites cause it's too dark sometimes. 8.4/10

As long as you find GIR funny, you are forgiven

Invader Zim, I love this cartoon, even though it was dark and creepy at times, that was one thing about it that made it so great and legendary. Especially with episodes such as Dark Harvest. One of the reasons why it probably got the axe though are those annoying complaining soccer moms.

Invader Zim, I love this cartoon, even though it was dark and creepy at times, that was one thing about it that made it so great and legendary. Especially with episodes such as Dark Harvest. One of the reasons why it probably got the axe though are those annoying complaining soccer moms.

The main reason was because the creator also had a comic series about a homicidal manic, and these soccer moms (as you called them) were concerned their kids would read this comic because of the fact that Invader Zim was from the same creator.

Yay! Your awesome!

The main reason was because the creator also had a comic series about a homicidal manic, and these soccer moms (as you called them) were concerned their kids would read this comic because of the fact that Invader Zim was from the same creator.

That was one reason but there were a lot of reasons. Invader Zim was mentioned in a murder case as well (I don't know how the fuck it got brought up but it was mentioned) and the show had lower ratings after the first season which wasn't good cause of the high budget production costs.

That was one reason but there were a lot of reasons. Invader Zim was mentioned in a murder case as well (I don't know how the fuck it got brought up but it was mentioned) and the show had lower ratings after the first season which wasn't good cause of the high budget production costs.

I didn't know that it was mentioned in a murder case (weird) although I remember that it had low ratings.

I didn't know that it was mentioned in a murder case (weird) although I remember that it had low ratings.

The killer had a fascination with collecting human organs and described an episode of Invader Zim in which Zim collected people's organs, it was a really weird case.

Edit: There was also controversy about a particular scene in the episode "Door to Door" in which Zim shows a apocalyptic vision of New York which was taken out after 9/11 but like the scene in the Spongebob episode "Just One Bite" they aired it when it originally aired.

The killer had a fascination with collecting human organs and described an episode of Invader Zim in which Zim collected people's organs, it was a really weird case.

Edit: There was also controversy about a particular scene in the episode "Door to Door" in which Zim shows a apocalyptic vision of New York which was taken out after 9/11 but like the scene in the Spongebob episode "Just One Bite" they aired it when it originally aired.

Which took place in the episode Dark Harvest. I guess with court cases like that, that proves some bad guys get villainous ideas from tv shows, movies, games, etc. and want to do the same in real life. This murderer, if he didn't steal people's organs before he saw that episode, one night he got home he probably talked to himself and said "Ah what a great day, I just got finished with successfully stealing stuff from a drug store." *Then he watches tv and sees the Dark Harvest episode* "Whoa that was a fascinating episode, I'm gonna do that for my evil plans now, time to start murdering and harvesting human organs!"

My opinion about this show has changed. It is now one of my favorite nicktoons, and I really regret not atching it that much during it's original run. Even though there is only a 2% chance, I heard that the reason nicktoons brought this show back was to plan a possible "Zim Invasion", and the show has gotten enough popularity now to actually get pretty good ratings with reruns to the point that Nickelodeon actually considered letting Jhonen Vasquez finish those last few episodes, but they decided not to because they still weren't willing to pay for the high production costs for this show. I got that last bit of information from Jhonen's blog. He let out that info on the 17th of September, but even though there is a really slim chance, maybe one day we will actually get to see the unfinished episodes animated (some of the already had the voices recorded, and most of them had scripts written). I really want them to finish "Nubs of Doom" cause that was supposed to be the episode that introduces "minimoose", even though he made a brief appearance in the Christmas episode. 10/10

I really hope they make the remaining 13 episodes. I love Minimooose and want to see his creation episode! and one of those episodes planned was a TV movie/finale!!! I love this show, it scared me when I was little but it's one of my favourites now.

I really hope they make the remaining 13 episodes. I love Minimooose and want to see his creation episode! and one of those episodes planned was a TV movie/finale!!! I love this show, it scared me when I was little but it's one of my favourites now.

The reason it came back to nicktoons (in the U.S.) was part of a plan to see if they would be able to make those episodes (given the show got enough ratings). The show got good ratings (enough to actually get regular airtimes on nicktoons), but Nickelodeon decided not to let Johnen Vasquez make them because they thought the production costs were still too high. 901662.gif

The reason it came back to nicktoons (in the U.S.) was part of a plan to see if they would be able to make those episodes (given the show got enough ratings). The show got good ratings (enough to actually get regular airtimes on nicktoons), but Nickelodeon decided not to let Johnen Vasquez make them because they thought the production costs were still too high. 901662.gif

FUCK YOU NICK EXCECUTIVES! YOU GRANT FANGUY AND CHUM THING A SECOND SEASON AND YOU DON'T LET ONE OF YOUR BEST SHOWS FINISH THE SEASON YOU ABRUPLTY ENDED!?!?!?!??! 844475.gif