• Advertisement

Toy Story 4

terminoob

Coming in 2017!

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/john-lasseter-to-direct-toy-story-4-out-in-2017-1201349848/

I'm gonna try to keep an open mind but I really don't see where else they can go with this. After the lukewarm reception to Monster's University (though you know my feelings on that film) I can't see them going the prequel route again with another franchise, and I don't think they could sustain a fantasy sequence or something like Toy Story of Terror for an hour and a half.

Sorry to reiterate what nearly every Toy Story fan is likely saying, but I'm not excited for this because I don't see the point of a fourth one being made besides an easy cash grab.

Except the only Pixar franchise that is an easy cash grab is Cars. Everyone needs to stop being so jaded and cynical about the industry and realize that Pixar actually gives a shit about it's reputation and what it puts out. Remember how we didn't get a Pixar film this year? Remember how we were supposed to get The Good Dinosaur? Remember how they just went "oh this doesn't work let's redo the whole fucking thing so it's up to our standards" and delayed it so they could put out a better product? This isn't a cash grab. If they have an idea and the idea is worthy of John Lasseter directing it then let them go and fucking do it. I'm just cautious because I can't think of the next logical step in the franchise, but if they can then more power to them. They've yet to put out a film that I can't watch at least once so as I said I'm cautiously optimistic about this one.

• Like 3

Except the only Pixar franchise that is an easy cash grab is Cars. Everyone needs to stop being so jaded and cynical about the industry and realize that Pixar actually gives a s*** about it's reputation and what it puts out. Remember how we didn't get a Pixar film this year? Remember how we were supposed to get The Good Dinosaur? Remember how they just went "oh this doesn't work let's redo the whole thing so it's up to our standards" and delayed it so they could put out a better product? This isn't a cash grab. If they have an idea and the idea is worthy of John Lasseter directing it then let them go and fucking do it. I'm just cautious because I can't think of the next logical step in the franchise, but if they can then more power to them. They've yet to put out a film that I can't watch at least once so as I said I'm cautiously optimistic about this one.

If I had to guess what the NEXT "Toy Story" movie will end up being about, it will probably focus on Lotso the Bear, and maybe give him a chance at some redemption.  :) "Toy Story 3" didn't really GIVE Lotso a proper ending for him at the end of that movie. :o If that IS what the movie ends up being about, I will DEFINITELY go to watch it!  :D Enough said! ;)

The whole point of the third movie was the excellent time gap it had between the first two movies. It allowed people to grow up with Andy. Having a third one just doesn't feel right, especially when we already have those shorts. I'm not completely close minded to this idea though.

Except the only Pixar franchise that is an easy cash grab is Cars. Everyone needs to stop being so jaded and cynical about the industry and realize that Pixar actually gives a shit about it's reputation and what it puts out. Remember how we didn't get a Pixar film this year? Remember how we were supposed to get The Good Dinosaur? Remember how they just went "oh this doesn't work let's redo the whole fucking thing so it's up to our standards" and delayed it so they could put out a better product? This isn't a cash grab. If they have an idea and the idea is worthy of John Lasseter directing it then let them go and fucking do it. I'm just cautious because I can't think of the next logical step in the franchise, but if they can then more power to them. They've yet to put out a film that I can't watch at least once so as I said I'm cautiously optimistic about this one.

Oh, okay.

If I had to guess what the NEXT "Toy Story" movie will end up being about, it will probably focus on Lotso the Bear, and maybe give him a chance at some redemption.  :) "Toy Story 3" didn't really GIVE Lotso a proper ending for him at the end of that movie. :o If that IS what the movie ends up being about, I will DEFINITELY go to watch it!  :D Enough said! ;)

I felt Lotso got what he had coming in the end, ending up being just a piece of garbage, something that he tried hammering into the other toys' heads. He had his chance at redemption and he he went and passed that point of no return. But if anything, a short based on some of his time after the third movie would be pretty interesting to see. As for a fourth one, I'm sure Pixar will think of somethin.

• Like 3

I have faith this will be good because they wouldn't continue a franchise if they didn't have a good sequel idea. Granted I too thought Toy Story 3 had a perfect conclusion for the series, but people would be lying if they weren't at least curious as to how the story can possibly continue.

It seems like all they're doing is making sequels now. I mean I liked MU and all, but Toy Story didn't really need another sequel just like Finding Nemo doesn't need one.

People complained about Pixar not making sequels and now people are complaining all they're doing is making them. There is just no satisfying people.
  • Like 2

While I think a Part 4 will kinda cheapen the effect of Toy Story 3, I'm not entirely close minded about it or angry. I know the people behind Pixar work incredibly hard to make quality movies (and it shows), so I trust their intentions.

First teaser is out:

Obviously nothing major happens, but I did get a slight chuckle at watching Forky (a Toy Bonnie made out of a spork by the looks of it) freak out about not belonging here.  I wonder how much his existence will have an affect on the overall movie?