• Advertisement

050a. Wet Painters

Minty Car

I really like this episode, it's one of my all-time favorites. I like how simple the storyline went from about painting Mr. Krabs' house, to covering up an accident. It's got so many gags/jokes that are so funny, and, if nothing else, I like all the ways they try to get the paint off the dollar. 10/10 perfection

Discuss below

AMAZING EPISODE!!! It's one of my all-time favorite SpongeBob episodes. It's even on my top 10. Eveything in this episode was very funny. I kinda hated that Mr. Krabs said the paint is permanent because he wanted to mess with SpongeBob and Patrick but he got what he deserved at the end. There were many good jokes in this episode. Patrick breaking the forth wall by showing "3 Hours Later" time card really cracked me up. Squidward's part in this episode also funny. Patrick saying "Wait, SpongeBob! We're not cavemen! We have technology!" and then he smashing the computer on the dollar was very funny. SpongeBob's reflection saying "You're on your own pal" was very funny. The ending was very funny. I definelty recommend this episode. It's a classic. 10/10  wetpaint.png

One of the things I love most about this show is its ability to find humor from the characters as well as the situations. This is an episode that does plenty of both, and it does it so flawlessly that I'd be crazy not to give it a spot in my top ten. It starts off like any other episode. SpongeBob is fooling around in the Krusty Krab when business is slow, then Mr. Krabs gives him and Patrick a super (super), special (special), secret (secret) assignment: painting the interior of his anchor-shaped house. SpongeBob and Patrick being who they are, they think it's the greatest thing ever, until Mr. Krabs threatens to chop their butts off if they get a drop of paint on anything but the wall. Surprise, surprise; after a hilarious paint bubble scene, they get a drop of paint on Mr. Krabs' beloved first dollar. SpongeBob, in a fit of paranoia, does everything he can to get the paint off, inevitably making it worse every time. Patrick brings his own careless naiveté to the mix, and them together ensure that you won't stop laughing for a minute while watching this episode.

This is a great episode. The plot wasn't bad, the jokes were funny, and Patrick was wonderful in this episode. I'm just gonna go ahead and list some of my favorite lines in this episode:

"We're not cavemen! We have technology!"

"Can ya move it along? I'm all outta time cards."

"You're on your own, pal."

Final score: 10/10

Spoiler

600th post. 

^_^

• Like 1