• Advertisement

The Tetris Movie

I'M A TRASH CAN

"A film adaptation of the classic ‘80s video game “Tetris” will be falling into theaters sometime in the near future.

Threshold Entertainment has teamed up with the Tetris Company to develop a live-action film based on the game. While no directors or cast are attached to the film yet, there is a story in place.

“It’s a very big, epic sci-fi movie,” Threshold’s CEO Larry Kasanoff tells Speakeasy exclusively. “This isn’t a movie with a bunch of lines running around the page. We’re not giving feet to the geometric shapes.”

Kasanoff’s best known for adapting the “Mortal Kombat” games to the big screen – 1995’s “Mortal Kombat” grossed $70 million according to Boxoffice Mojo, with the 1997 sequel, “Mortal Kombat: Annihilation,” grossing $35 million. For Threshold, they’re hoping to build off the brand’s notoriety and legacy."

“Brands are the new stars of Hollywood,” he says. “We have a story behind ‘Tetris’ which makes it a much more imaginative thing.”

If the film does well, Kasanoff isn’t looking to limit the “Tetris” world to just a big-screen experience. “We certainly have the canvas for location-based entertainment based on the epicness.”

Over the past several years, Threshold has worked mostly in the animation space, including large digital production projects with Marvel, Lego, and “Star Wars.” The original “Tetris” was released in June 1984, from Soviet game-designer Alexey Pajitnov. It quickly became a world-wide phenomenon and was bundled in 1989 with the launch of Nintendo’s original portable gaming system, Game Boy.

“What you [will] see in ‘Tetris’ is the teeny tip of an iceberg that has intergalactic significance,” Kasanoff says."

HOLLYWOOD IS INSANE.

Also, Threshold Entrainment MADE *dolphin noise* FOODFIGHT, ONE OF THE WORST ANIMATED MOVIES.

Need to say more?

You know SOMETHING'S gotta be WRONG with the world when somebody decides to greenlight a "Tetris Movie!" :rolleyes: This might just replace "Fly Me to the Moon" as the WORST Animated Movie that I have ever SEEN! o.o (But ONLY if I actually go see it, which I probably WON'T!!!!) :huh:

You know SOMETHING'S gotta be WRONG with the world when somebody decides to greenlight a "Tetris Movie!" :rolleyes: This might just replace "Fly Me to the Moon" as the WORST Animated Movie that I have ever SEEN! o.o (But ONLY if I actually go see it, which I probably WON'T!!!!) :huh:

Fly Me to the Moon is the worst animated movie of all time?

There's a worse one BY THE SAME COMPANY.

Fly Me to the Moon is the worst animated movie of all time?

There's a worse one BY THE SAME COMPANY.

NOOO...I SAID it was the worst animated movie I have ever SEEN...that doesn't automatically mean it's the WORST animated movie of all time.  :rolleyes: Speaking of, what IS the name of the movie that was made by the same company that is even WORSE than "Fly Me to the Moon?" :huh:

NOOO...I SAID it was the worst animated movie I have ever SEEN...that doesn't automatically mean it's the WORST animated movie of all time.  :rolleyes: Speaking of, what IS the name of the movie that was made by the same company that is even WORSE than "Fly Me to the Moon?" :huh:

Foodfight.

Experience the horror here:

Come on guys. Based off the awful idea and the awful production company, you guys are all telling me that you don't have any interest in seeing at least what this looks like? This idea sounds so bad that I at least want to see the trailer.

Come on guys. Based off the awful idea and the awful production company, you guys are all telling me that you don't have any interest in seeing at least what this looks like? This idea sounds so bad that I at least want to see the trailer.

That's why I posted the Phelous reaction pic for the first response. It blows my mind that somebody actually thought about this idea. Honestly, I want to see it just to see how bad it is.

Foodfight.

Experience the horror here:

Fun Fact: This is what the original movie was going to look like before the tapes were stolen.

So we could have gotten Chester the Cheetah, an actual food product, instead of Mr. Clean, A CLEANING PRODUCT, in the original movie.

Fun Fact: This is what the original movie was going to look like before the tapes were stolen.

So we could have gotten Chester the Cheetah, an actual food product, instead of Mr. Clean, A CLEANING PRODUCT, in the original movie.

whats up with chester though

he looks like hes on drukqs