• Advertisement

063. Have You Seen This Snail?

Minty Car

I think this episode is of season 4's best. I liked the idea of an emotional episode is interesting for Spongebob, but I thought they pulled it off well. The storyline was pretty good I thought, and I liked how there were some jokes, but they were more hit than miss in this episode. 10/10

Discuss below

I ain't gonna lie. I love this episode! It captures the core character of Spongebob VERY well! I also love the story! And in this episode, I like how Spongebob has the similar emotions, unlike the newer ones, where he seems blank all the time...

8.8/10! Best post episode!

I don't know why, but when I was a little bit younger, this was my favorite episode. However, (and it could be because I have seen this episode so many times). I now only think that it is just an okay episode. But, nowadays, This episode is nowhere near my favorites.

6.9/10

Because PatBack asked me a question about why I didn't like Where's Gary more than It's a SpongeBob Christmas, I felt obligated to give my thoughts on this episode.

I do agree with everyone on here that this episode has more passion and emotion than any other SpongeBob episode. I know I can't think of one that has more. And yes, the Gary song is a real tearjerker. 75% of the time, I manage to tear up when I hear it. This episode came out a few weeks after my first dog passed away, so I will always have that emotional memory. There is plenty to like in this episode and is one of my favorites of Season 4....but I want to point out the cons that prevented me from ranking this special so much higher on my favorites list.

-SpongeBob being OOC in the beginning. I get that he needs to have done something to make Gary runaway, but obsessing over a paddleball and snapping at his own pet? I get that he is childish, but this is suppose to be the same character who has a loving/caring nature? They could have composed a better method to have Gary runaway from SpongeBob then having to make him go OOC.

-The twist with Grandma. I just felt it was anti-climatic. She overfeeds her snails to death? Is that what we were suppose to hint at? I don't care if it's dark humor or not, but all that build to us trying to figure out what's wrong with Grandma was a bit disappointing. However, I do give them kudos for having Amy Poehler guest voice. I love her.

-Having the other snails talk. Not too big of a complaint. I still chuckle over the nacho line, but why can they talk, but Gary can't? It's a minor gripe, but I feel cheated. :P

-The ending was rushed. Plain and simple. It took Gary how long to run away? Over the course of a week? Yet it took him a short time to get home? It's a cartoon, I know, but the time continuity was all sorts of lopsided.

I do like Where's Gary. It's a good episode and the only one that has managed to make me cry. I just don't love it as much as everyone else I have come across in my SB forum experiences.

8/10

Pretty great episode (Patrick is in top-form in this episode) and it's my favorite special behind The Sponge Who Could Fly. Gary's song is pretty good as well. Though to this day I still don't know if Gramma actually killed those snails or it was Gary's imagination, can anyone help me out here?