• Advertisement

Bands You Don't Like

CyanideFishbone

Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit are guilty pleasures for me; I used to like them when I was younger, so listening to them gives me both nostalgia and a bit of "what was I thinking?". Slipknot are okay, I don't really listen to them much but a few of their songs I can dig. I like some bands that are considered by people as nu-metal, like Deftones and System of a Down, though I wouldn't really call them nu-metal in the general sense of the word. 

Also, I agree with you on the pop-punk/screamo bands that seem to be dominating the scene these days: they're truly awful. And I refuse to listen to one Blood on the Dance Floor song. I've heard they're like BrokeNCYDE, but even more obnoxious. The sad thing about all of these bands making a mockery of punk/rock, is that lots of people see them as the stereotype for rock music. I've spoken to quite a few people who refuse to listen to rock because they think it's all like Pierce the Veil/MCR/etc.

• Like 2

Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit are guilty pleasures for me; I used to like them when I was younger, so listening to them gives me both nostalgia and a bit of "what was I thinking?". Slipknot are okay, I don't really listen to them much but a few of their songs I can dig. I like some bands that are considered by people as nu-metal, like Deftones and System of a Down, though I wouldn't really call them nu-metal in the general sense of the word. 

Also, I agree with you on the pop-punk/screamo bands that seem to be dominating the scene these days: they're truly awful. And I refuse to listen to one Blood on the Dance Floor song. I've heard they're like BrokeNCYDE, but even more obnoxious. The sad thing about all of these bands making a mockery of punk/rock, is that lots of people see them as the stereotype for rock music. I've spoken to quite a few people who refuse to listen to rock because they think it's all like Pierce the Veil/MCR/etc.

Thank you. Thank you so much. I have lots of reasons to dislike Pierce The Veil, MCR, etc, and you have similar opinions. I remember like 8 months ago some girl screamed at me because i said Pierce The Veil sucked and got all butthurt like "You know Nirvana? They fucking suck!" Bitch.

Asking Alexandria

Black Veil Brides

Bring Me The Horizon

Of Mice and Men

Pierce the Veil

SUICIDE SILENCE

etc.

The new screamo bands offend me so much that I hate all of them. The sad part is, my brother is obsessed with them, and constantly plays his songs all over. This drives me off the deep end.

Rae Sremmurd. Fucking Rae Sremmurd.

DEY NO BETTR

Sorry coulden't resist. But yeah, Rae Sremmurd is pretty damn bad. And what the hell is up with that name?

Anyways, I've became softer to Pink Floyd and The Smiths: I like Pink Floyd and yes I acknowledge the fact is with no Smiths, there's no Smashing Pumpkins.

Asking Alexandria

Black Veil Brides

Bring Me The Horizon

Of Mice and Men

Pierce the Veil

SUICIDE SILENCE

etc.

The new screamo bands offend me so much that I hate all of them. The sad part is, my brother is obsessed with them, and constantly plays his songs all over. This drives me off the deep end.

I hate all of those too. I hate Paramore too. I can't stand Hayley Williams' vocals too.

And also, in my honest opinion, the worst of those type of bands is Bowling For Soup. God I hate them with a burning passion. 

But yeah, everything you listed is pretty damn bad. 

I hate all of those too. I hate Paramore too. I can't stand Hayley Williams' vocals too.

And also, in my honest opinion, the worst of those type of bands is Bowling For Soup. God I hate them with a burning passion. 

But yeah, everything you listed is pretty damn bad.

Paramore is bad for sure, but they're not godawful. I still don't like them though.

Suicide Silence is probably the worst band ever, IMO.

Paramore is bad for sure, but they're not godawful. I still don't like them though.

Suicide Silence is probably the worst band ever, IMO.

You think Suicide Silence is bad? Listen to Design The Skyline. It's pretty much Suicide Silence combined with dubstep.

It basically sounds like someone was really pissed, so they grabbed their friends, asked them to play guitar, bass, drums, etc, and the singer (the pissed one) just screams the whole time, and puts some electronic music over it.

Or other "brutal/death/grindcore" bands are pretty bad (Abominable Putridity, Anal C**t, etc)

IMO, BrokeNCYDE is still the worst band ever. 

Death metal isn't really my thing.......

...and Anal Cunt isn't death metal whatsoever. They've made fun of it ("Chris Barnes is a Fucking Pussy" iirc), but the actual style is really sloppy grind/noisecore. I think they're pretty great for what they are, but I get that it's not everyone's cup of tea.

I'll agree with you on the post about new school/Vans Warped "punk", though. The thing that made most classic punk great is that most of the bands were distinguishable from each other and had their own unique style. I wouldn't be able to tell you the difference between Bouncing Souls and Pennywise.

• Like 1

...and Anal Cunt isn't death metal whatsoever. They've made fun of it ("Chris Barnes is a Fucking Pussy" iirc), but the actual style is really sloppy grind/noisecore. I think they're pretty great for what they are, but I get that it's not everyone's cup of tea.

I'll agree with you on the post about new school/Vans Warped "punk", though. The thing that made most classic punk great is that most of the bands were distinguishable from each other and had their own unique style. I wouldn't be able to tell you the difference between Bouncing Souls and Pennywise.

Honestly I don't even like the word "punk" anymore because of back in the early 2000's, when all these pop rock/alt rock bands (Fall Out Boy, MCR, Bowling For Soup, all that crap) came around and called themselves "punk" and all the Hot Topic 13 year old girl mallrats picked up right on that, and then people fight about punk and stuff. Most of us forget the real punk stuff (Dead Kennedys, Fugazi, Bad Brains, Ramones, etc, like the SoCal punk scene, the DC hardcore scene)

Now that I think about it, pop punk goes against what punk is formed. Most punk bands coulden't give a shit less what the mainstream thought and did what they wanted to with music, and as you've stated how they all have their own unique style. With pop punk, it's all this 1. Songs about growing up, self hatred, that stuff (Not saying songs about that suck, but it's gotten redundant in the aspect of pop punk) 2. THAT GOD DAMN WHINY VOICE (The worst abuser of this is Bowling For Soup)

On the Anal Cunt thing, sorry I didn't know. Isn't Grindcore and death metal just a bit similar? (Just a question)

Even though in my opinion, THE most redundant band of all time is Linkin Park. EVERY fucking song by them is pretty much the exact same subject. 

• Like 2

On the Anal Cunt thing, sorry I didn't know. Isn't Grindcore and death metal just a bit similar? (Just a question)

In some ways (vocals and dirty guitars in particular...assuming it's classic style death metal and not technical stuff), but grind typically has shorter song lengths and has more in common with crust punk than metal.

• Like 1