• Advertisement

The Odd Truth of SOF

SpongeOddFan

NOTE #1: for those who are new users that joined SBC recently, If you think my post is confusing for you, just ignore it.

NOTE #2: sorry if my post is hard to understand while you read this.

hi all

I just really wanted to say how I feel about SBC i mean for 5 years everyone was curious to know why SOF's posting style is weird & pondering on *English isn't my 1st language*.

I mean yeah, my grammar wasn't great and I tried to do my best, same reason why's SECC & ATTWL 3 were poorly written as you can see (see riffed version those two Lit I made from JRT).

Guys, it's hard to say if certain user was wondering i couldn't say it b/c its too personal to answer it (especically you said it in Sharing Time blog).

but here's the truith..for 5 years, i haven't told anyone what's my true reveal on why's English isn't first language idk why people wants me to say it. but thing is...I'm originally born in India, and parents moved to Canada on same year.

The reason i can't reveal it it's because it's too personal (idk if the rules said you shouldn't allow to).

so i'mn really sorry if my posting style were put in into effort. I mean looking back from previous Lits when i wrote was god-awful. i couldn't write any good stories or any suspense to work into it. I understand my writing wasn't great at all..and i feel awful what I did.

the next thing i wanted to talk about past incident i  cause this,,,looking back i was depressed what I done was very wrong. i cause few drama like January 2013 incident,  SECC controversy, lying my age, etc.

I feel like acting a huge douche when it comes to the community I see how i've done things worse.

What I'm trying to say..I'm sorry for everything what I did to you guys and SBC staff as well.. I truly needs stop doing this stuff.

I can hope you guys can forgive me what I did in past 5 years and move on .

• Like 7

It's all fine. The incidents were in the past so that stuff we can forget about. Just go on and do whatever you think is best for your future, and stuff like that won't happen again.

• Like 2

It's all good. We've all apologized for our past selves not long before. At some point most of us were douchebags. For 3/4 of 2010 and 2011 year-round, I was simply the guy who couldn't stop complaining about the people on the internet who disliked what I liked. And now, I'm the guy who dislikes the fact that people would bandwagon hop, as if it were an excuse, as a way to dislike what I like....or just Spongebob in particular, but without the complaining.

I've also gotten the idea that English wasn't your first language when tvguy/Dylan said something about that in one of his apology threads. Now I know your first language is inherited rather far off from Canada. I can always get used the way you use your English because I don't give two shrimps about people using grammar incorrectly. Like Trophy said, just move on with your future and all that.

• Like 1

SOF, your enthusiasm and commitment to the site over these past five years has been astounding. You have nothing to apologize for. I often feel that people don't give you a fair chance sometimes when you post. Your English really isn't that bad. There's a few slip-ups now and again, but you're clearly trying, and I find your posts usually to be understandable.

Please don't get down on yourself so hard. You've been one of the best members on this site, and I am certainly going to miss you when I leave for university.

• Like 1

Wow I knew English wasn't your first language, but I didn't know how far off it was.  You don't need to apologize for your past typos.  It's all in good fun.  No need to be so hard on yourself.

• Like 1

Don't beat yourself up, buddy. Regardless of your typos, everyone hear loves you :) .

See, you're not the only one who makes typos. :P

It's really ok, SOF. You're one of the most lauded and funniest members here, so the typos don't bother us. It's good to finally know why they happen now though.

• Like 2

I understand everything you say SOF, some of us make typos every once in while and I can relate to that since English is not my first language. While you can have your moments I have to say that we all have, you're not alone in that regard. As for being Indian, I think I already knew that since your full name sounds very South Asian. But don't worry about that since there's other South Asians in this site that probably feel the same way. Anyway, despite all the odds, you're actually a very good member since you're always willing to learn from others and you have contributed enough in the spinoff section to actually earn some merits for that. I'm glad you've stuck around after all this time, its something that we appreciate.

• Like 1