• Advertisement

School Thread

On 3/25/2016 at 8:55 PM, CyanideFishbone said:

So we signed up for classes this week. Or well, got it finalized and turned in. Because I knew what I wanted to take pretty much all along so here's what I'm taking:

-Honors English II- English and Academic Strategies teacher recommended me for this and I think I'll do good

-Honors Math II- I like math. Kill me. And a huge positive is according to my math teacher a lot of the course involves writing about math and that seems pretty interesting to me. And another positive is I'm able to drop the course after the first quarter if I don't like it and go to standard.

-Chemistry- Oh god eww not excited for this. Fuck man. I have to take a physical science to graduate, and I wanted to get that requirement over with because the options for physical science at my school are Physical Science (like basically just basics of chem and physics, electricity, magnetism, etc), Chemistry, and Physics. Wanted to take Physical Science but Chemistry looks better on college resumes for the requirement, so I'm taking that. Definitely want to take Physical Science before I graduate though. And there's no chance in hell I'm doing Physics.

-Civics And Economics- This is our required history class for sophomores. I don't like history, but at least it's easy. Horray.

ELECTIVES:

-Graphic Design I- Really wanted to take biomed for an elective but my sister shot that down so I'll take another art class. At least graphic design does seem pretty cool.

-French I- Have to have a language to require. So that's why I'm here. 

-Academic Strategies- I would take Study Hall over Academic Strategies but Academic Strategies'll boost my GPA so why not.

So, this is how college/univeristy is like? Does it get easy or comfortable overtime or?

As of my current situation, I'm going back in September, and let me just say I'm against my school. I would rather transfer.

On 1/11/2016 at 10:11 PM, E.V.I.L said:

me with high school oh my fucking god

:bruh:

This can probably go along with this:

large.jpg

17 minutes ago, Weasel said:

So, this is how college/univeristy is like? Does it get easy or comfortable overtime or?

As of my current situation, I'm going back in September, and let me just say I'm against my school. I would rather transfer.

This can probably go along with this:

large.jpg

Did you ask me if I was in college? I'm a rising sophomore and it says it in the post but yeah that's how it's like here

also yeah that photo was pretty much me last year.

• Like 1

Got my schedule around like 2 hours ago.

1. Academic Strategies

2. Chemistry

3. Honors English 10

4. Civics and Economics

5. Graphic Design I

6. Honors Math II

7. French I

This is well.... going to be an interesting year. I got what is apparently one of the worst, if not the worst teacher in the school for Math (although it's not like the mean kind, it's the kind who's apparently somewhat nice but has zero idea of how to run a class), and I've heard mixed things on my teacher for Chem. I already know my Academic Strategies teacher so that'll be fine. Apparently my English and French teachers are good, once my Civics teacher was in my history class last year and he seemed fine I guess, and the graphic design teacher is apparently AWESOME. So let's see how this turns out. It's also notable that my english teacher is apparently one of the hardest English teachers in my school.

I started my junior year of high school today. What a long, and exhausting day. It wasn't that great honestly, but no first day is, which I'm excited for tomorrow because we're starting to delve in a little bit more with the material of my classes. 

We're signing up for classes for senior year, pretty excited with some of my choices, especially the fact I'm taking AP Gov and AP Lit, along with my second year of Honors American History (History has pretty much gone from my least favorite subject to my favorite over the course of high school, and I entered liking math and now I loathe math with a burning passion), and I'm also taking Digital Photography which I'm excited about. I want to be done with high school, but I'm pretty confident in enjoying my senior year. Crazy that it's my last year of high school, it's honestly gone by so fast.

I do English Language, Media Studies and Math.

English is great, and I'm having fun. Been doing some coursework that's been pretty straightforward, and just have to hand it in.
Media's interesting. It's harder, but it's still fun in a way. Need to take some pictures of a girl to create the image of a female pop artist so I can make a CD cover for my coursework, and I need to get that done before the end of term later this month.

Math, though...SHEESH!!! Hate my teacher, who's really been teaching since January; he goes over the topics way too quickly for my liking and not only that but if I were to ask him for help, he'd just repeat what he said that confused me in the first place! Ugh, Math pisses me off, man, and I failed the mock exam we did a month ago. Not that I care much though; this subject depresses me so much I feel discouraged to do anything for it. Need to pick my ass the hell up for June, though, when the exams for Math are alongside the others.

Socially though, I thrive in school. A lot more than I have in the past.

I'm probably just happy I'll be done with that place we dare call a school in a few months. (school "requires improvement"...yeah, it's got a bad rep nowadays...)

oh my god the posts I made here during the start of 8th grade were extremely cringy 

Anyway I start senior year on Tuesday. Schedules came out yesterday and I got my supplies today. Overall I'm actually kind of excited, which is weird because I usually dread going back to school. Unfortunately I know I don't have any classes with two of my friends (don't know about my other friends) but we'll all be able to hang during lunch and I have the opportunity to meet new people I hope, and I hope I'll have some of my other friends in my classes. I'm taking AP Gov, AP Lit, Honors US History II, my final math class for right now, Photography, Graphic Design II and I get a free period where I get to pretty much do whatever, right after lunch, which where I'm at free periods are only for seniors.