• Advertisement

School Thread

Okay, that second class didn't last as long as I thought and my instructor for that class seems really cool. She's had a lot of experience in her line of work. I think my semester is gonna be highly focused on group projects, so that's why I bought a planner so I can keep track of everything I need to do so I don't get overwhelmed.

I honestly hadn't used one since graduating high school and there were a few times where I think it could have come in handy and possibly made better grades in a few classes, though I'm doing pretty well right now. I also forgot to mention I met with my advisor and got my major changed pretty quickly. I actually enjoyed being here even though it was a lot I had to do today.

At first, I'll get an English exam on September 7. My college/university days start on September 14.

First day of school was alright. Surprised that I really don't have any homework though. I don't know why I felt that I hated going back to school so much it really wasn't that bad.

Usually teachters don't give a crap on the first day of school.

At first, I'll get an English exam on September 7. My college/university days start on September 14.

Usually teachters don't give a crap on the first day of school.

i know but since i'm taking a bunch of ap classes I expected more. But hey, i'm not complaining. 

i know but since i'm taking a bunch of ap classes I expected more. But hey, i'm not complaining. 

First days of school are usually tame. I wonder how my first days in college will be.

So I had to drop my theater class because the chemistry class actually has a required Lab right at 11-12:20 which when my theater class was supposed to be. So I dropped it, but I'm replacing it with a volleyball class again like I did my first semester, except this one is more advanced, once a week, and its three hours! I'm so excited. So it all worked out. I basically have all the same supplies I've had in my first year of college so I haven't had to go out and buy more. Also my music and dance classes are the shit so far, so I think I'm gonna have a blast this semester.

First days of school are usually tame. I wonder how my first days in college will be.

They're pretty much like the first day of any other grade level. Professors introduce themselves to you and vice versa, you get a ton of different sheets that they expect you to have for the rest of the semester, and then you'll probably do something productive in class. Well, it's how my college works anyways.

Yesterday went well. Had some pizza at this good restaurant they have downtown for the first time and met with my systems analysis professor that night. The tests are gonna be on campus for that class and my marketing professor let the whole class out like an hour early. I like how passionate all my profs have been so far and how they aren't trapped in an academia vacuum. They have real world experience.

Only thing bad is I have lots of projects to keep track of this semester but I really need to get out there and get an internship in IT asap. My planner has already helped me to keep up with the workload.

Now project/group assignment mode really starts kicking in. One group assignment I have to do is due next month and it's coming up with a charter statement for an IT project if it hadn't failed and a project proposal with like 4 other people that I'll be working on in Google Docs. Overall it was a good day and the classes were fine.

Today I asked my history teacher something and he was kind enough to show me, but the second I asked, the entire class erupted in laughter for some reason. That class is full of kids who were assholes to me in middle school, so I didn't know if they were laughing at me, so I almost broke down crying right then and there.

I miss college. Best four years of my life.

I applied to go to grad school last week though and may pick up a few community college courses that can be applied towards my Masters if I get accepted.

Yesterday went alright. Marketing is the easiest class ever out of everything I'm doing right now. So easy that it gets boring sometimes though, even though the professor is very nice. I have always gotten more out of the more challenging classes even if I didn't do as well as say the much easier classes as well. That's one of the problems that I've always had with school in general.

There's too much emphasis on theoretical content and just making students spit out facts on a test and trying to get this mythical high GPA rather than actually getting people adjusted to working in the real world and making sure that they can actually do the job. I already feel that there's a big difference between that class and the others I'm taking and even a lot of the students and their attitude towards wanting to make something of themselves. In the other classes, there's more material that I could see as being practical in a real world setting and the instructors are much less trapped in an academic vacuum. I know that in whatever profession I decide to go into that I'm probably not even gonna remember most of the stuff I learned in there, besides for maybe the product life cycle because I think that might hold some relevance if I get into the stock market and start investing. There was this one Youtuber I watched yesterday that summed this up perfectly in a way that made so much sense.

The online class I had was better though, even though a lot of it today was review from the stuff I did in corporate finance, especially with the net present value stuff. One of the benefits I have gotten from doing a lot of practice studying for my certification is that I feel like I can learn much better and more efficiently now and it feels good being able to do something like that on my own and get the hang of it.

Might as well give a brief rundown of my classes:

Advanced Conversation and Speaking: My Spanish professor is really nice. And this is the second semester where I've had a prof from Spain, what a coincedence :P I like how we're reading stuff about the cultures of Spanish-speaking cultures and further practicing our reading and listening skills. 

British Literature: My teacher is really funny and cool. She seems so passionate about the subject and even inserted some feminist analysis in the story we were reading yesterday in a way that didn't come across as too extreme or preachy. We have to do a bunch of online activities for her class since we only meet in class once a week, which is a bummer for me because I love this class and I wish I could spend more time around her and my classmates with their interesting contributions to discussion. I already have a big project for the class due in October but fortunately I can schedule a conference with my prof to further discuss it.

Communication Law: Not looking forward to writing a 12-14 page paper at the end of the semester but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. My professor for this class also works as a copyright attorney and loves to bring pop culture into our discussions, which I love. She's pretty funny. The class seems interesting so far.

Advanced Media Writing: my professor looks so much like Martin Sheen, it's amazing. He's definitely a blunt, no-nonsense man but he knows what he's talking about and seems like he really wants to help us become better writers. I'm gonna have to go out into the world and find stories to write about at some point and they have to be good because he's gonna post them on a website about metro Atlanta news...no pressure :bruh: It's not a bad class, though.

Still having issues with making friends, but eh. I'm trying to focus more on my studies now but seeing my irl friends hang out with their college pals makes me wish I had that. Ever since last year it's been wake up, go to school, go home, no fun. Maybe I should live on campus next year. 

Advanced Media Writing: my professor looks so much like Martin Sheen, it's amazing. He's definitely a blunt, no-nonsense man but he knows what he's talking about and seems like he really wants to help us become better writers. I'm gonna have to go out into the world and find stories to write about at some point and they have to be good because he's gonna post them on a website about metro Atlanta news...no pressure :bruh:  

OMF I will find your article and cherish it so hard. :funny: