• Advertisement

School Thread

I'll just give the basic rundown:

Grade school: This is where you make all of your initial friends that you'll have for years to come.

Middle school: Hormones start kicking in, BE CAREFUL! Trust me, I learned the hard way.

High school: Eat, sleep, study, drink (JK don't), prologue for getting ready for real life.

College: Gets you ready for real life, get good grades because otherwise you are screwed.

Grade school: This is where you make all of your initial friends that you'll have for years to come.

Is this really how it goes for everyone? Maybe that's why I have no stable, reliable friends I ahng out with regularly because I keep replacing them every few years oops

For me: 

Elementary school: Ehh it was good.... I guess?

Middle school: 6th and 7th were some of the worst years of my life, 8th was okay? Or above average? Didn't really know what to think of 8th grade.

High school: Going into next year. Let's do a rundown.

-Pretty much no friends. One kid down the street i'm friends with, but I don't really think we can be friends anymore. I'm a musical quiet kinda kid while he's a little too nerdy for my tastes now. He's obsessed with Minecraft if I remember, so idk. If it's how I think, I dread the day I have to tell him because I think he won't take it too good, but hey, I think he'll find other friends.

-Girl from my second middle who left after giving some guy a blowjob is going to my high school. Fun?

-A bunch of annoying/asshole kids from my first middle (I had to switch due to bullying)

-Guy who got the blowjob is going to my high school too and was like one of the most popular kids from my second middle. He's a nice kid I guess but he acts like a complete tool

-I probably won't talk to anyone unless they talk to me. I'm literally going to start the year with out talking to anyone.

-I hope to GOD no emo kids there. Probably won't be as I know NO emo kids, but hey some emo kid might move in and if that happens fuck me

-Gym is core first year then becomes elective. And all the gym teachers suck apparently.

So high school will be fun.... right? I guess? 

College: get good grades because otherwise you are screwed.

Uh. I mean, no, not really. You need good-ish grades to avoid getting kicked out, I guess, or to keep scholarships, but aside from that you don't need good grades. No one's gonna care where in your class you graduated. Someone that graduates last in their class gets the same diploma as someone that graduates at the top of their class.

• Like 1

Uh. I mean, no, not really. You need good-ish grades to avoid getting kicked out, I guess, or to keep scholarships, but aside from that you don't need good grades. No one's gonna care where in your class you graduated. Someone that graduates last in their class gets the same diploma as someone that graduates at the top of their class.

But good-ish grades are still good, are they or are they not?

But good-ish grades are still good, are they or are they not?

I mean yeah but I still said that someone who graduates at the bottom of the class and someone who graduates at the top get the same diploma. Getting all As doesn't give you a super diploma. You need good-ish grades if you have a scholarship that requires you maintain a certain GPA (mine requires a 3.0 or higher) or if you lose access to parts of the school by not demonstrating that you care (at my previous school you needed a C average or you'd lose studio access). If you don't have anything like that then you can get whatever kind of grades you want because if you graduate then you graduate. As far as I know potential employers don't ask for a college transcript.

I mean yeah but I still said that someone who graduates at the bottom of the class and someone who graduates at the top get the same diploma. Getting all As doesn't give you a super diploma. You need good-ish grades if you have a scholarship that requires you maintain a certain GPA (mine requires a 3.0 or higher) or if you lose access to parts of the school by not demonstrating that you care (at my previous school you needed a C average or you'd lose studio access). If you don't have anything like that then you can get whatever kind of grades you want because if you graduate then you graduate. As far as I know potential employers don't ask for a college transcript.

Eh, fair enough.

For me: 

Elementary school: Ehh it was good.... I guess?

Middle school: 6th and 7th were some of the worst years of my life, 8th was okay? Or above average? Didn't really know what to think of 8th grade.

High school: Going into next year. Let's do a rundown.

-Pretty much no friends. One kid down the street i'm friends with, but I don't really think we can be friends anymore. I'm a musical quiet kinda kid while he's a little too nerdy for my tastes now. He's obsessed with Minecraft if I remember, so idk. If it's how I think, I dread the day I have to tell him because I think he won't take it too good, but hey, I think he'll find other friends.

-Girl from my second middle who left after giving some guy a blowjob is going to my high school. Fun?

-A bunch of annoying/asshole kids from my first middle (I had to switch due to bullying)

-Guy who got the blowjob is going to my high school too and was like one of the most popular kids from my second middle. He's a nice kid I guess but he acts like a complete tool

-I probably won't talk to anyone unless they talk to me. I'm literally going to start the year with out talking to anyone.

-I hope to GOD no emo kids there. Probably won't be as I know NO emo kids, but hey some emo kid might move in and if that happens fuck me

-Gym is core first year then becomes elective. And all the gym teachers suck apparently.

So high school will be fun.... right? I guess? 

"Focus on the positives" so I guess here we go

-New school, new people (kids, whatever) but I'd have to take that with a grain of salt. I'm kinda shy and I'm quiet and you never know there could be some new psychotic asshole kid

-NO FUCKING LOCKERS. I'm still gonna get one just in case but I get to slug my backpack around all day without teachers bitching at you so yay

- I get to sit anywhere in the school for lunch. The whole school has lunch at once so the cafeteria will probably be crowded but hey I can chill in the bathroom at the farthest corner of the school without anyone

-I'm doing art class again! I love art and I aspire to get better at art, so i'm probably gonna take art all 3 years of high school.

-People are grown up (maybe?) It's not fucking middle school so I assume most people have found themselves

-I might join the anime club since I've been getting into more anime and my sister said there are no weeaboos at my high school (I can't stand weeaboos and face it who can besides other weeaboos) but I'm a freshman so there might be new weeaboos and my sister had a class in the room where the anime club is held before lunch (anime club meets at lunch) and when the kids entered she jokingly said "you kids with your animus and the mangos" and some kid got offended or something and the club teacher is the japanese teacher and according to my sister and her friends the japanese teacher is one of the worst teachers in the school

-And oh yeah I'm taking german after freshman year because why not I mean I have to have 2 language credits here and the other ones aren't as cool so why not? Also cool teacher according to my sister

So I just saw my ap physics ap test scores, someone please take this gun and kill me now

lol literally everyone failed this I don't understand why anyone at my school took it lol

I was happy with my AP Lang test scores tho

This is really accurate. I was told this by another college grad I talked to. Employers mainly give a shit about the degree you get and not much else, and possibly all that networking crap too. I've been considering teaching myself programming though and getting some certs so I'll have more than just a degree I can show off. In the end, I still want to be a cartoonist for a living but I need stable income first.

Here in Georgia, you gotta have at least a cumulative 3.0 GPA to be able to keep getting the HOPE Scholarship. I have like a 3.4 overall right now.