• Advertisement

School Thread

Here's my guide to middle school.

Stay organized

Do your work

Be yourself

You'll be fine. Trust me. 

You want a little more? Sure thing.

Middle school is the worst place you'll go. Trust me. If you had a good time in middle school, i woulden't believe you. Lemme tell you why. 

1. School Crushes- Oh god. Middle is when people go crazy over guys and girls. Most likely guys, and sometimes it isn't fun to be the guy all the girls chase (i'm not) You don't have to feel the sudden urge to be in a relationship. Most middle school relationships don't even last all that long. If you like someone, here's my guide:

STEP 1: Become friends with them. Get them to know you a little better so you can decide if you have anything in common.

STEP 2: Talk to them for about a month and after that, take a week or two to think about getting in a relationship. Do you really want to do this?

STEP 3: Confess your love, then you'll see how the cookie crumbles.

And the popular couples. Screw them. 

2. Cliques- Middle school is when people really find their interests for, damn, usually throughout high. Some people change. Girl who wore pink all the time in elementary school is now emo. That's weird! Hold your horses. Be yourself! Middle school is a bunch of new people! Do not try to fit in with any stupid cliques like the popular kids or the jocks. Be yourself and you'll make friends. The first few weeks of middle school, people are trying to find friends and their places. Here's how you can tell most of the cliques;

Popular girls: The female equivalent of jocks. Usually wear clothes from Hollister, Aeropostale, American Eagle and mostly Abrecrombie and Fitch (i hate all 4, too) have phones, and usually make fun of the normal people, like the kids who want to get a good education and survive middle school. Jocks usually wear Nike and Under Armour clothes, listen to rap music, and usually aren't the smartest and make fun of most kids.

3. Bullying- Oooh boy, bullying. The big one everyone is scared of when coming to middle school. If a kid is picking on you, tell a counselor. That's why we have counselors! If it gets even worse, tell a principal. DO NOT bully people or fight people (i don't, but i've seen the consequences and they aren't pretty). If a kid is making fun of you near a teacher, the first thing you do is tell that teacher. They'll usually get in trouble and you'll do the right thing! If there is a fight and a kid is hitting you, find the nearest teacher and tell them. It's really that simple! You can also tell a friend.

4. Homework- Usually, your 5th grade teachers tell you that you'll have a lot of homework in 6th grade, and honestly, i had more homework in the 5th grade then 6th grade. Then again, it really depends on the school. If you do have a lot of homework, do it, trust me. Just do it (insert Nike joke here) and you'll get good grades.

And that's the verdict! 

Here's my guide to middle school

Stay organized

Do your work

Be yourself

You'll be fine. Trust me. 

Not only is this just universal advice, but are you really the person to give advice on how to do middle school when you keep saying how much you hate it? Also, let me direct you to my last post in the other school thread where I say it's middle school. Of course you're going to be fine. It's middle school.

I think i enjoyed all my school years. What I didnt enjoy was how annoying i used to be.

Yeah, mostly. I think Sophomore year of high school was the only year that I really hated. Every other year was either average or great but I just can't stand how I used to be so I have no good memories from them. I think this past year was the closest I've ever been to "getting" it, and I still look back and find that the majority of the time I was pretty bad. 

Preschool-2nd - not bad, easy

3rd - different since I went to a homeschool from Kindergarten-2nd

4th/5th - good some ways, had some good friends

6th/7th - good learning wise, terrible people wise :/

8th-10th - pretty okay eh, a lot of jumpy starts here and there.

And I finished school early so derp.

Not only is this just universal advice, but are you really the person to give advice on how to do middle school when you keep saying how much you hate it? Also, let me direct you to my last post in the other school thread where I say it's middle school. Of course you're going to be fine. It's middle school.

Yeah, mostly. I think Sophomore year of high school was the only year that I really hated. Every other year was either average or great but I just can't stand how I used to be so I have no good memories from them. I think this past year was the closest I've ever been to "getting" it, and I still look back and find that the majority of the time I was pretty bad. 

I know. You can do what i told you to and still have a miserable time, but what i said i think you should really do.

I know. You can do what i told you to and still have a miserable time, but what i said i think you should really do.

I mean, I know, I said it was universal advice. That's all the advice anyone ever needs for anything. It's not really pertinent to just middle school. Middle school advice would be more "everyone's a piece of crap, you're gonna get made fun of, don't let it get to you because everyone is being made fun of" or "just chill out because it's middle school" or "watch Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide".

What's up with everyone having really rude popular people?

I've never had a negative with a popular kid ever. It's usually the 'average' arrogant people who think they're all that (smart or not) that give me problems (if there really are any) and maybe the really athletic kids.

There's nice people in every clique so just focus on the nice people and lol at the insults :P

• Like 1

Kindergarten JK - Cool.

Kindergarten SK - Cool.

Grade 1 - HORRIBLE.

Grade 2 - Really good year.

Grade 3 - Really good year. But sorta meh.

Grade 4 - I DUN LIKE IT.

Hope good for Grade 5.

I go to a private school so its a little different for me.

Preschool: legendary

Kinder: great

1st: great

2nd: bad

3rd: legendary

4th: horrible

5th: good

6th: great

7th: abysmal 

8th: coming soon

My expectations for 8th grade: 7th grade was the worst year of my life. I was a mess. I got in trouble, my grades sliped. Hopefully this year will be better. 

What I'm Excited for:

-My school goes up to 8th grade, so we'll be older than everyone else in the school. Not just 6th and 7th graders. This school goes from kinder to 8th. There are certain "8th grade privlages" we get, like eating outside every day. Also we get to miss class to do 8th grade things like organize fundraisers and other random stuff around the school. 

-We get almost the same teachers as last year. It's a small school, so there aren't a ton of teachers needed. I know every teacher's tricks and strategies so I will be much better preprared.

-From what I hear, the first half of the year is fairly challanging, but after that, its smooth sailing.

What I'm Not Excited For

-My ap math teacher. I like her, but her lessons are so fast, and if you're not paying attention, you're screwed. I learned that the hard way last year. Plus she gives a ton of homework.

I don't really remember my elementary school years except 6th grade. That year was the shit. 

7th-fun

8th-okay

9th-awesome and easy af

10th-hated it

11th-pretty good

12th-the best ever

That's basically what it was like for me, except 7th and 8th grade, which sucked.

--My ap math teacher. I like her, but her lessons are so fast, and if you're not paying attention, you're screwed. I learned that the hard way last year. Plus she gives a ton of homework.

You have AP math already? And I thought our school making us take AP history in 10th grade was bad.

Pre-Kinder - Terrible, the teacher hated me and thought I was insane.

Kindergarten - Had some good moments and some friends, though the teacher hated me.

1st grade - It was pretty good, one of my best years.

2nd grade - Pretty boring since most of my friends left to another school.

3rd grade - I'd say it was great, not too bad. But I rejoined my friends in this grade.

4th grade - It was good, had some good moments playing cards and handhelds with friends.

5th grade - Probably my favorite grade, though I got into trouble at times. As in 4th grade, Yugioh cards were the shit and I traded N64 games with friends.

6th grade - Pretty good grade, not as good as 4th and 5th grade but still a pleasant memory.

7th grade - It was pretty bad, I didn't have that many friends because they hated what I liked and wanted to "convert" me into liking their music.

8th grade - It was my least bad year of middle school but still bad since again, the kids that liked games were PS2 fanboys and I was a Gamecube fanboy so there was a dispute between them and me.

9th grade - Terrible, the kids were snobs for the most part.

10th grade - I was in two different schools this grade: In the first school it was in summer so we didn't have vacation, the kids were ok but a couple of them liked to play pranks on people and were outright sadist. I got into a fight and caused me to get expelled. In the second school, I had probably the best scores out of all my grades. I probably learned my mistakes by then.

11th grade - Not too bad, I had some good moments but it was boring for the most part.

12th grade - I'd say it was ok, I saw some of my old friends again. The school was moved to another building and it got boring fast, but overall it wasn't that bad.

College- I should've done better when I had the chance. While I had some friends, they barely showed up when I needed them. And my classes were boring. Makes me want to go back and start fresh, at least for a change.

I had a portly old man with a neckbeard and microwave in his room last year

i win

I had a suitemate that played scene music and dubstep remixes of Train on his stereo at full volume. He liked to watch anime (specifically Naruto) at 4am, too, playing out of that same stereo.

• Like 3

Preschool: I don't think I've ever been to Pre-School. If I did, I don't remember it at all.

Kindergarten: Fuck yes

1st: I hated it for the first month because my teacher was really mean to me, then my mom told the school if I can be with a different teacher, then it became Pretty good.

2nd: Good

3rd: Fuck yes

4th: okay-good

5th: Good

6th: not good

7th: I HATED IT IT WAS HELL FOR ME

Hopefully 8th won't be that bad since I'm at a school that does independent study.

K-5 - My memory doesn't serve me to well on this since I'm old. What I do recollect were plenty of good memories and delicious cafeteria food. Oh and I was very outgoing and did a lot of rec sports and after school clubs.

Middle - Grouping this all together since they were my awkward years and as I previously noted in that other school thread, I was bullied. I would like to note that it wasn't all a lost cause because I learned a lot about myself and I was also a tutor my eighth grade year which I actually enjoyed helping out others.

9th - 10th - Kinda regret treating friend wise. Otherwise, it was fine since I had probably my best relationship those year periods. Classes wise, I could have done a lot better.

11th - Started to come into my own and I started to actually enjoy high school and picked up my grades a lot.

12th - Without a doubt my best year of high school .

College - I miss dearly.

All i can really remember from Preschool is that i did a lot of stupid shit there. One time i remember, a Copperhead (a poisonous snake native to NC) went on the playground and the janitor cut it's head off with a plastic shovel. Good times.

The stupid shit i was talking about is where we had these things called like "ABC days" or something like that where we tried to go through the alphabet and each day had a certain letter and we had to bring something in that started with the letter. It was A, and i brought a apple and another kid brought a apple and we got in a big fight and i had to leave school early.

I have this weird thing i do, and i blame it on preschool. You see, i was ahead of most kids in preschool. I learned how to read in preschool before most kids. So apparently, the year before Kindergarden, we did a Dr. Seuss unit. I was interested and i did really well. Then i think the teacher taught the kids to get ready for Kindergarden by some Math or something, and i knew Math then and i was extremely bored.

So yeah, if i'm interested in something, i do really well. I had a essay in i think Language Arts in the 6th Grade and i was interested and my teacher said the essay was about 10th grade level, and the same thing happened last year, which was also (i know for a fact) in Language Arts. I got a A+ on the project. I was also interested, not that i do horribly on assignments i'm not interested in, but there's a difference in quality between things i'm interested in and not interested in.