• Advertisement

095a. The Inmates Of Summer

Pakasa43

I love this episode so much!

One of my favourites from the 5th season. 630566.gif

It's a bit stupid, and not like the old episodes, but since the episodes are never going to be like old ones, it's no point even comparing. 428899.gif

Wumbology said:
Eh, it was better than most of the drivel from Season 5. But that's really not saying much. I'd compare it to a weaker Season 3 ep.

Same thoughts except I'd compare it to a weaker Season 2 episode

Marshmallow #3:

Y4o1Wzl.png

This episode was an improvement over the previous 2 forgettable episodes. I love this episode. I usually don't like character(s) sending to somehing horrible place like prison camp or a pirate ship (I'm talking to you, Shanghied and Dear Vikings) and they never going back to home but the writers exectued this one very well. The same thing goes to Shanghied. This episode is actually funny and very entertaining. SpongeBob and Patrick's musical play made this episode even better. Although the song in the play is not one of the best SB songs. The only part that I didn't like was the ending because I really felt bad for SpongeBob and Patrick and I really wanted them to go back to home. The humor in this episode was also good, the funniest part was SpongeBob and Patrick bowing while the prisoners drowning in the sea, LOL. This episode is great but It's not one of the best season 5 episodes.

Fun fact, prior to the airing of The Clash of Triton, this has been my least favorite episode, and one of the very few I grew an immediate distaste for. I can't say that's the case now, it's really not horrible, but I still find it stupid. I'm really bothered by the extreme levels of ignorance shown by SpongeBob and Patrick, and while that can lead to some pretty good comedy in the beginning, holding on to it all the way to the end ends up feeling like a chore. They don't even get it through their thick skulls that they're at a prison boat, even when the head counselor literally came to say otherwise. And while I did find numerous of these jokes funny, they're linked terribly with the premise given. Alongside that, I found that to be very predictable because, hey, we know it's a prisoner's camp and we know that the general won't get through their heads, and it's obvious that the prisoners desire to escape as the two blindly think they want to have fun. The song that goes with that is quite repetitive. If the one word wasn't funny the first time, it's not funnier later.

That doesn't save it from redeeming qualities though. I found the atmosphere of the "camp" to have enough realism to get the message, it's really great tat they casted a real seargent to play the warden, which was done excellently, and there are plenty of pretty funny moments (Ex. the recycling gag, the high stacks of paper being passed individually, and the two bowing whilst the prisoners drowned), but for the most part, it's just dummed down to really juvenile levels and as it is, it's just stupid.