• Advertisement

How Many Seasons Will Spongebob Get?

Ron

I think if they did, it could turn out something like Oprah Winfrey's OWN. They'd most likely add some new shows, related in the genre of The Simpsons, and maybe even do some spin offs. They have literally hundreds of characters...
I'd be down for The Love-Matic Grampa being a legit show.

But won't season 9 already surpass the 200 mark? 250 shouldn't be too hard. 428899.gif

I was pretty sure it would only pass the 150 mark or so. But I think you're right.

Rugrats lasted for about 14 years and had 172 episodes. SpongeBob, so far, has had 153?¢ episodes and is only 19 episodes away from becoming the longest-running Nicktoon. (Though, time-wise, SpongeBob will not surpass Rugrats until 2013.)

Rugrats lasted for about 14 years and had 172 episodes. SpongeBob, so far, has had 153?¢ episodes and is only 19 episodes away from becoming the longest-running Nicktoon. (Though, time-wise, SpongeBob will not surpass Rugrats until 2013.)
SpongeBob takes so long to air episodes, I think you're using 'only' too liberally. 428899.gif

SpongeBob takes so long to air episodes, I think you're using 'only' too liberally. 428899.gif
Well, in both 2010 and 2009, 17 episodes have aired. If this pace continues, SpongeBob will surpass Rugrats in a little over a year from now (which isn't too long, is it?)

And as we all know, lasting till 2013 won't be a challenge for SpongeBob. 893573.gif

Despite what I expect (13 seasons, maybe) I DO think it'd be best to end with season 10. SpongeBob has had a great run, it's still having one, and I'll always be a fan. But I think that would be best for it's quality. I mean, as it is, the current episodes don't come close to the level of the original seasons, even if it's still good. 305752.gif
I feel the same way too, especially after last night's emotional South Park where they dropped possible hints that Matt Stone and Trey Parker feel like the series is coming to a close. I know South Park is not SpongeBob, but maybe the creators of SpongeBob might soon realize that SpongeBob can't go on forever. I think it would be best to end the show at ten seasons as well.

I feel the same way too, especially after last night's emotional South Park where they dropped possible hints that Matt Stone and Trey Parker feel like the series is coming to a close. I know South Park is not SpongeBob, but maybe the creators of SpongeBob might soon realize that SpongeBob can't go on forever. I think it would be best to end the show at ten seasons as well.
Well, I think it's more of a matter of Nickelodeon wanting the show to continue or not. As of the moment, SpongeBob is still a huge money-maker for Nick, so they don't see an end in sight. But yeah, I do agree that the show should end before it starts declining in quality. My fear is that the show will keep running until its ratings are low, most people have forgotten the series, and Nick has no choice but to cancel it (which is kind of what happened to Rugrats, I believe).

Well, I think it's more of a matter of Nickelodeon wanting the show to continue or not. As of the moment, SpongeBob is still a huge money-maker for Nick, so they don't see an end in sight. But yeah, I do agree that the show should end before it starts declining in quality. My fear is that the show will keep running until its ratings are low, most people have forgotten the series, and Nick has no choice but to cancel it (which is kind of what happened to Rugrats, I believe).

Where do you want it to end?

Where do you want it to end?

When the writers feel like they've had enough. I don't want them to feel like they have an obligation to continue and start pulling out episodes that are complete nonsense *coughsimpsonscough*

If we're talking about "should end", then it should've ended at Season 4.

I always viewed Season 4 as akin to Seasons 9 and 10 of The Simpsons; there's an obvious decline, but it's still enjoyable enough to merit a season. Now, Seasons 5/6 are where it turns into the ugly Scully years (Seasons 11/12). I'd say right now we're in the middle of the good Jean years (13-16), but I could have lived without Seasons 7 and 8.

If we're talking about "should end", then it should've ended at Season 4.

I always viewed Season 4 as akin to Seasons 9 and 10 of The Simpsons]

That was a great comparison. 428899.gif

But this is immensely popular with toddlers and younglings, who I can safely say laugh at anything. They don't really give a barnacle about the quality, just whether it's funny to them and people watch it, and it's been getting some pretty decent ratings. I know Nick would want to renew it, but I dunno bout the writers. 13897.png