• Advertisement

185. It Came From Goo Lagoon

Jjs Goodman

Rating?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of this episode?

• 5/5 Stars: Thank you goo!
    • 4/5 Stars: Time for the Electric Goo Boogaloo!
    • 3/5 Stars: I use it during traffic.
    • 2/5 Stars: RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!
    • 1/5 Stars: You better clean up this goo.

It Came From Goo Lagoon: Oh my goodness, I absolutely loved this special! It's truly one of my favorites for season 9. I loved the humor and the continuity here. Also, I spotted a Spandy moment, which I actually really liked for some reason tongue.png Anyways, the character interactions and personalities were amazing and spot on. I don't even think that there are any negatives to this episode worth mentioning smile.png Who cares if the KK was shown, they didn't even show the inside of the KK. I loved the action here as well and I just thought that this episode was amazing.

10/10 biggrin.png

I thought this episode was good now that I saw it in its entirety, though I don't remember there being particularly anything too funny. I liked the little SpongeBob/Sandy moment and the giant bubble man at the end. I still think SpongeBob, You're Fired was better than this though.

Just watched this for the first time ever. I wasn't too impressed. They honestly did not need to turn this into a Plankton plot. The jokes were ok and once again, the day was saved thanks to bubbles. I swear that has started to become such a recurring theme in SpongeBob specials these days (or so it feels like). This special could have been executed far better than it was based off the potential the first couple minutes had.

5/10 (and I might be generous with this score)

• Like 2

Just watched this for the first time ever. I wasn't too impressed. They honestly did not need to turn this into a Plankton plot. The jokes were ok and once again, the day was saved thanks to bubbles. I swear that has started to become such a recurring theme in SpongeBob specials these days (or so it feels like). This special could have been executed far better than it was based off the potential the first couple minutes had.

5/10 (and I might be generous with this score)

Yep. It feels like SpongeBob specials (and also regular episodes) kinda go with a cheap ending latelty.

Here's an example of when Season 9a could actually be... pretty good. This episode starts off rather... annoyingly, with Spongebob and Patrick playing chicken in front of a large wave. Why I make note of this is due to how this drags out for a bit. However, soon enough, the main conflict starts. This episode, other than a few scenes that are sort of unneeded, is mostly evenly-paced, having fewer problems than most other Season 9a episodes in this regard. And besides that opening, this episode manages to stay interesting, also a stray from the norm of Season 9a. What helps is the length of the episode; the episode, for the most part, feels like it fits into its 22-minute timeslot. The latter half of the episode is where it truly shines; unlike the somewhat disinteresting first half, the second half makes up for prior mistakes with an interesting continuation of the plot, with everyone here (save Patrick, who can be annoying at times) being in-character for the most part and the whole conflict is handled nicely here. Overall, this episode has an alright first half and a good second half, cancelling each other out into a...
FINAL RATING: 7/10 (BETTER episode)

I'm surprised that I haven't given a review for this episode segment yet! o.o It was (and is) pretty good, especially by season 9A standards. I'm not sure if it will ever be recognized as top 50 best of "Spongebob Squarepants" episodes material, but I still like it! I'd give it a 10/10! :D Enough said! ;)