• Advertisement

062b. Krabs vs. Plankton

70s

Personally, I don't see what was funny about this episode. :/ In my book, Mr. Krabs, Spongebob, and Plankton don't make a very good primary case (except in cases like The Algae's Always Greener). Just another average episode, in my opinion, and I didn't see how him trying to open up the briefcase was funny at all. I think if he'd maybe gone gorilla on it and started slamming it against the table, and everyone looks at him, I would've laughed, but using a screwdriver and turning into a torpedo has no comedic value to me. I did, however, like how the lawyer himself slipped in puddles, and I chuckled at how it seems there is patches of water all over the Krusty Krab. That itself highlighted Mr. Krab's cheapness, but that's another issue in itself. I wanted to slap Mr. Krabs, especially when he leapt at the money when Spongebob blended it. Then, combined with Squidward's mention of only getting one day off in three years, I just didn't find Mr. Krab's cheapness humorous in this episode. /:

4/10

• God Himself 1

I have a soft spot for this episode. For one thing, the writers attempted something new and tried to re-invent the wheel in an interesting way. Also, I love the fact that Nick UK used the old NTSC-to-PAL conversion method for this episode, unlike what they did with FoaKB/SoaM... those episodes seemed like they were on heroin or something - what with the sped up voices and whatnot. At least they had realised the error of their ways. All of this, combined with the fact that I watched this episode at a considerably young age (I was around eight years old when this episode premiered in the UK), means that I am very lenient towards this episode, in spite of the fact that it was somewhat lacking in humour. However, for a post-movie episode, it is to be expected, I suppose. I rate this episode an 8 out of 10.

I honestly thought this was a treat for the older watchers of the show

This is an interesting comment, and I have to say I agree with it. This episode, contrasting with a lot of SpongeBob episodes, doesn't have a lot of sight gags or slapstick, something that may appeal to younger viewers. The majority of the humour is dialogue-based, and it actually plays out as a semi-serious episode. It's still funny, but I don't think being funny was this episode's primary goal.

This episode was a great season 4 episodes but some parts were boring in my opinion. I liked the plot and there were some funny moments in this episode like Mr. Krabs' eyes turnining into gold bars, SpongeBob trying to unlock the briefcase, Squidward's cameo and the ending. I recommend this episode. 8/10.