• Advertisement

First Gay Couple Appears on Disney Channel

Jellatine

Knew this was coming nearly six months ago when Disney announced that it was going to be in one of the final episodes of Good Luck Charlie.  Pretty proud of them for doing this since like everyone else has stated/is going to say, it really is a step in the right direction.  Just kinda wish the joke set-up was a bit better since Disney still has an obnoxious laughtrack, but that's only a small complaint when the statement of this scene means way more than the humor.

I agree that this is a step in the right direction, even though I don't watch Good Luck Charlie.

Ugh... by the way, the site One Million Moms is complaining about this.

http://www.onemillionmoms.com/issues/if-disney-goes-through-with-it/

Fuck you, One Million Moms.

God, it would be so amusing to try to have a conversation with these idiots.

Good for Disney for stepping in the right direction.

I love the positive light this issue has been put in. It's a very subtle beacon of positivity, but it's there, and I'm glad people have noticed it, whether they agreed or not. And I also love how they didn't push the issue any further, either. It was just that a little girl had two moms, and that's all there was to it. Bravo, Disney Channel. Bravo.

• Like 1

I agree that this is a step in the right direction, even though I don't watch Good Luck Charlie.

Oh please,  are these women seriously that prude and narrow-minded? "too complicated too understand", haha, keep treating a child as if they were idiots, they don't need to know the details on how gay couples do the dirty, they just need to know you can love whoever you want no matter their sex, I'm sure kids will be ok with knowing this, as I've witnessed before (in this video, for example

)

So yah, maybe the next generation won't grow into being so hateful and discriminating if they start understanding things like this from a young age. 

I don't care for Disney Channel anymore....okay, I still do, so what? But screw them for just placing Phineas and Ferb on the graveyard slot. (And now Disney XD has given me a reason for me to trust them) The gay couple on Good Luck Charlie though, it's a big shift for the Disney Channel and I'm liking that.

Oh boy....

After all, they're a conservative group. If they're going to be against same-sex marriage, then their credibility is still going to slip.

I don't care for Disney Channel anymore....okay, I still do, so what? But screw them for just placing Phineas and Ferb on the graveyard slot. (And now Disney XD has given me a reason for me to trust them) The gay couple on Good Luck Charlie though, it's a big shift for the Disney Channel and I'm liking that.

Since when does Disney Channel have a graveyard slot/what could that even be?

Since when does Disney Channel have a graveyard slot/what could that even be?

Well gee, I don't know....since the time it was noticeable that Disney Channel would have their animated programming regularly scheduled late at night in the past for reruns with some of them placed in the aformentioned slot times? They stopped doing it, but they've done that for a while. I've looked through DC's scheduling a lot of times months ago where I realized the only place I could see Phineas and Ferb in at that point on is at 2:00/5:00 AM. And those hours I've pointed out are usually considered the graveyard slot times. You may think otherwise, but I'm certain Disney Channel does have a "graveyard slot."

Well gee, I don't know....since the time it was noticeable that Disney Channel would have their animated programming regularly scheduled late at night in the past for reruns with some of them placed in the aformentioned slot times? They stopped doing it, but they've done that for a while. I've looked through DC's scheduling a lot of times months ago where I realized the only place I could see Phineas and Ferb in at that point on is at 2:00/5:00 AM. And those hours I've pointed out are usually considered the graveyard slot times. You may think otherwise, but I'm certain Disney Channel does have a "graveyard slot."

Okay, I guess I got confused because I thought you were using it as a synonym for a death slot. They're not canceling it anytime soon so I don't really see why it matters when they air reruns that everyone has seen at least 10 times already.