• Advertisement

Spongebob vs. Rugrats

storytime7

Both are considered the most popular of their era, Rugrats was the most popular nicktoon of the 90's and Spongebob is the most popular nicktoon of the 00's, which one do you think is the best? Personally for me i'd have to go with Spongebob cause it's my favorite nicktoon and even though Rugrats is a classic and both of these shows "went downhill" the newer seasons of Spongebob are better than the newer seasons of Rugrats were and I like the older Spongebob seasons more than the older Rugrats seasons. They're both classic cartoons but I like Spongebob more than Rugrats. What your thoughts? If you've never seen the Rugats you can watch this episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG-0XCc8EoI

Rugrats was a pretty good show. It's sad that Nick no longer airs it at all. SpongeBob is of course my personal favorite, but Rugrats had a sort of charm and humor that made you tune in (despite it being about a bunch of babies). However, SpongeBob's merchandising sales and ratings are over the roof, and I just don't think Rugrats ever lived up to the pop-culture influence SpongeBob created.